Suggestions to Geetham ! - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions to Geetham !

Does that include the Carnatic section??
    Carnatic I believe is going to continue as nornal. I guess vasan can clarify more on this.

Torrent site works, and the peer list seems to work too to an extent. As long as you have a good client, I don't see a need to have a correct peer list on the site.

Thanks.
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

Does that include the Carnatic section?? Also is that link above the final torent site? Coz the peer list is still not getting updated.. Or are you not going to concentrate on torrents too?? Thnx. Geetham is the best site ever... like a family.
    --N
    Thank you, Narayana.. Geetham is indeed like a family - only because of its users.. :P :P

As of now, Geetham Carnatic Section will function as always. There will be direct downloads - as often as possible or needed. Much like before we will continue to have several music downloads (like the keerthis we have), and periodic/occasional downloads on new things will be there as well.

Torrents, ofcourse will work. If anything, perhaps some improvements on the torrent page may happen - of which we will inform every one as and when it occurs. Peer list updating or anyother minor kinks that needs to be ironed out will happen.

One new thing we might expect in future: If users want to share some files, and if there is decent demand, we will let them upload to Geetham and make it available to everyone as direct download. I believe some users (such as emyesbee and rigapada) who have been thinking of using yousendit or some host like that - we are working on eliminating that middle procedure. It should be pretty easy to work with Geetham directly.

Will let you know on that as well - as soon as Sangeetham/Venky and some more of us have a little chat and get some details worked out... :D

If you have more ideas for Carnatic Section specifically, you could also comment on the Suggestions thread in that section.. I know Sangeetham & Venky would read that religiously... :D :D

Have fun,

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

I Will Be Back!!!

Proud to be a Geethamite

Hello Vasan, Sangeetham and Venky,

As Narayana said Geetham is the best site for Carnatic music and more like a family.

The link for the torrents is missing again. It was there couple of days ago. The peers list is not updating regularly.

What happened to the new site we used to have. The interface was quite pleasant and user friendly. There used to be some problems and I thought Bala has fixed them.

Downloads of Carnatic music will be good, because lot of Rasikas do not have access to the torrents.

Thanks and regards,
    Prasad

i would like to post this as a suggesstion
    let admins decide it..
    since am living in chennai now..we use to read The Hindu daily.
    why cant we post The Hindu Crossword in a seperate section
    in geetham..
    i wil do it and update it regularly..
    also friday review and saturday young world..
    as u ppl wil really miss those a lot..

and there is noting to be problem or any legal hassles in this.
    coz i jus goin type it and display it here..

if admins like this sugestion .. i welcome it ..

if admins have any dilemma's in this idea.. i also suggest them
    to creat a poll and ask geethamites to poll whether they need
    that new section or not..

all these are jus my thought . and i shared with u now..

and one more thing i would like to add.
    tat section wil not only goin to be The Hindu section..
    ppl abroad who miss chennai and life in chennai
    can share their ideas and queries..
    so i can able to help u in tat aspect ..
    ( i hope admins got my view clearly)
    Expecting the world to be good to you coz you're good to them is like expecting a lion not to eat you coz you're vegetarian. ~!~

Hey Legend... Thats a good thought.. Sure you can do that in either the Games or the Kids Section. I am ok with it as long as you will update them regularly puzzle post panitu answer poodaama engalai thalai pichuka vaika kudaathu just kidding..

About separate section, Will post my thoughts in detail later For now, we can have them in the section I had said earlier, if required we can move them later to the new section.
    anyway, this is my opinion, lets see what others had to say thou

Shy
    I Geetham

Itech

Not sure if you have heard of it or not... There is a site called http://www.hindu.com where the crossword, young world and friday movie section are all available...

for ex today's crossword - http://www.hindu.com/2005/06/09/stor...0901280900.htm

Or do u mean something else?

NOt meaning to discourage u jus letting you know so that u dont spend too much time scanning all those stuff... Sure do try new things u are always welcome...
    மின்னல் பாதி தென்றல் பாதி மங்கை ஆனது

Hey Itech,

Nalla yosikkure.. Good gooddddd...

Unfortunately or fortunately all the newspapers are available on Net, paa.. rrr.. most of us read it too.. Also, I can hardly solve 2 or 3 words in a day's puzzle in Hindu.. you want me to feel depressed?

rr.. can I suggest something?

Do you want to be Geetham's Special Reporter ( ) in Chennai? (But like Pepsi, there is nothing official about it... I will call you GSRC, thats it.. :P :P). Pick one topic of current interest in Chennai. Anything - from local event, function, entertainment, public interest - you choose - and collect some info, take some photos, and put it as Chennai Update...

Say for example: Report on Summer Evening on Elliots beach.. go spend an evening.. watch people, take some general pic (don't take pic of people in awkward times, and get beaten up.. ), say some kids playing.. blah blah.. put a post that is funny, interesting, full of enthu.. Padichaathum, I should catch the next flight to home.. antha mathiri.. :D

next week: Some research at IIT-m.. go talk to some students (girls, boys.. ).. and write something interesting.. about research or student life or any thing thats readable..

and so on...

Now, can you do it? Human interest stories of general nature. Upbeat and appropriate.. and something that brings Chennai to our minds hauntingly... :D One article per week is plenty.. You can do it on the weekend.. (weekdays, ozhungaa velai paaru.. amma pechu kettu nada... Illainaa post ellaam edit panniduven.. :P :P)...

Think about it.. :D

Vasan

ps: If you do it for chennai, I will do it for LA.. :P :P How about that?
    ps1: We can have Geetham's reporters from all over the world updating fun topics from everywhere - and capturing the life in our own sphere of sight.. :P :P
    ps2: Its not just for Itech & v- alone.. if someone else wants to do for other cities, places too.. its cool.. :D :D But please be aware: your location will be known. If you would like to remain behind the screeen, please skip.. :P
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

ah ha.. wow.. super.. marvelous.. wonderful..
    nan enna nenacheno atha crystal clear'ah neenga post panni irukeenga..
    even u added pepper and salt to the recipe... so tasty thought...

yes man. i wil do .. i am ready to help my people abroad ...

but posts wont be periodically, if i find many interesting info's and happenings i can post more than 5 things in one day .. and if there is no hot stuff i may not be able to produce even a single post for 4 or 5 days.. (hope u get it)

so, i wil pm you when i make my arrangements for tat... i have to borrow my friends digicam, a best partner for me in this job...

but u have to open a new section for this.. like Places & Happenings
    inside tat datewise info of the cities... (whoever interested they can post abt their living city as per vasan's words)

but shy told me tat they cant open new sections as such and asked me to merge my posts in relevant sections.. so discuss abt this in GTeam ...

and by this weekend lets see a new turn in our Geetham

cheers

எல்லோரும் இன்புற்றிர ுக்கவேயன்ற ி
    வேறொன்றும் அறியேன் பராபரமே !!!
    Expecting the world to be good to you coz you're good to them is like expecting a lion not to eat you coz you're vegetarian. ~!~

Dear vasan,

It is interesting to note that "Patimandram" is a good forum to discuss on various topics.Unfortunately, there is no moderator and "Judge" to delievr the final verdict on the chosen topic of inetrest.I am totally confused with people talking different tunes at different times!.My humble suggestion is that the principal person who is responsible for starting the "patimandram" should act as the Judge for the forum till the final verdict on the concerned

topic is delievrd.Otherwise, our efforts are wasted and may leave people with emptiness!! Another suggestion is that there should be some deadline to complete the "Patimandram".Otherwise, there is no difference between "patimandram" and "Paaaati mandram".

-yamini
    -yamini

My favourite quote:

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
    - unknown

but u have to open a new section for this.. like Places & Happenings
    Let's start with a thread in Today's News or Gossip forums. I'll make that a sticky once you have opened it, so it stays up always. After some time we'll consider a new sub-forum for that. Good luck and thanks itechlegend
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

Quote Originally Posted by yamini
    there is no moderator and "Judge" to delievr the final verdict on the chosen topic of inetrest.
    Unfortunately the topics don't have a Poova, Thalaya answer. We are just trying to hear how people from different backgrounds, views, ideologies think about an issue. Just a learning experience, a small spark to think in a new way. Personally, I dont feel a debate should be like a win-lose game.

there should be some deadline to complete the "Patimandram".Otherwise, there is no difference between "patimandram" and "Paaaati mandram".
    not all get free-time during the same timeframe right?

Just my 2 cents
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

yamini,

Like ns said, we didn't want to win or loose, most of the time if you watch some of the arguments will be counter attacking the same thoughts onnukku onnu muran pattu irrukkum, its implied at a learning experience and not to win or loose.

Original patti mandram mari pannalam but sila samayam silla per avangala thankkuratha nenachukittu thappa eduthukku vanga... patti mandra peechalar mental attitude ellar kittaiyum ethir parka mudiyathu illaya...

Athunala than its left for on going arguments, athu oru vagaila involvement erpaduthumdra nambikkai :D.

Legend, Nalla idea suggest panni irrukenga, but you need to be very responsive in order to keep it running, illati antha vegam koranchidum. Koncham topic knowledge venumna please check Priyam2004's Think laterally... Topic it will guide you more .

Just a suggestion to try to improve the speed, atleast for low spped users, can you include an option in the preferences section to enable/disable avatars?? That takes so much time i think? many ppl even have animations. so dialup users will find it faster...
    --N
    I Will Be Back!!!

I remember there is an option in Invision Board for Lo-Fi version of a BB i.e no images, just text in threaded view. I wonder if there is anything like that available in phpBB
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

Sri-gan & Ns80 :Thanks for your prompt reply.Of course, the answers were not quite convincing to me.

-yamini

Quote Originally Posted by yamini
    Sri-gan & Ns80 :Thanks for your prompt reply.Of course, the answers were not quite convincing to me
    Appa nenga enna nenaikurengolo atha panni kattunga ithukku ethukku sad picture.. welcome always welcome a change. change pannunga.

அன்புள்ள யாமினி,

பட்டி மன்றம் பற்றி கூறிய கருத்துக்க ளுக்கு மிக்க நன்றி. NS மற்றும் ஸ்ரீ கூறியது போல, இன்டர்னெட் வழியாக நடக்கும் பட்டி மன்றத்துக் கு நடுவராக இருப்பதோ அல்லது, ஒருவர் மாற்றி ஒருவர் உரையாடுவதோ கொஞ்சம் கடினம். அடுத்தவர் அருகில் இருந்தால் உடனடியாக பதில் தருவார். ஆனால் அவர் ஆஸ்த்ரேலிய ாவிலிருந்த ு எழுதும் போது, எப்பொழுது எழுவார்/எழுதுவார் என கண்டிப்பாக கூற முடியாதல்ல வா?

அதே போல ஒரு சில தலைப்புகளு க்கு முடிவு உண்டு. ஒரு சில தலைப்புகள் பட்டிமன்ற விவாதமாயில ்லாமல், கிரேக்க நாட்டு சந்தைபுற விவாதமாக (market place dialogues, so pioneered by Plato and co..) அமைவது எல்லோருக்க ும் பயன்னுள்ளத ாக அமையும் என நினைக்கிறே ன். எல்லா பட்டிமன்றம ுமே இப்படித்தா ன் இருக்கவேன் டும் என்று ஒன்றும் இல்லையே..

எது எப்படியாக இருப்பினும ்: no harm in having new pattimandrams in our usual format - with judges and two teams and deadlines.... இதற்கு முன்பு கூட இப்படி இரண்டு மூன்று பட்டி மன்றங்கள் நடந்து இருக்கின்ற ன. (என்னக்கு நினைவிருப் பதிலெல்லாம ், என்னுடைய குழு வென்று இருக்கிறது .. :P மற்றதெல்லா ம் எனக்கு நினைவில்லை .. :P :P).. இதே போல ஆரம்பிக்க வேண்டுமென் றால், செய்யலாமே? நீங்களே ஆரம்பிக்கல ாமே? யார் வேண்டுமென் றாலும் ஆரம்பிக்கல ாம். விதிமுறைகள ் சொல்லிவிட் டு, தலைப்பு போட்டீர்கள ் என்றால் வசதியாக இருக்கும்.

(திண்டுக்க ் + மதுரை அமெரிக்கன் கல்லூரியை சரியான விகிதத்தில ் கலந்த) வாசன்
    Short Measures

I think Geetham should generate RSS feeds. That would be pretty useful.
    Over and out.

I have a request on Geetham Blog...
    Wat abt allowing unregistered users to post comments on the blogs, right now only registered geetham users can post comments in the blogs..I understand tht it will increase spam comments, but if you allow unregistered user with some identity or in the name of anonymous to post comments it will make the blog writings interesting....Also I want this blog to be more customizable, adding photos, etc.,. kind request

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast