Prabalangalin Arimugangal
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prabalangalin Arimugangal

Default Prabalangalin Arimugangal

We know lots of singers, directors and other famous persons in kollywood. But we dont know about about them. So this thread is particulary for those personalities.

If you find some interesting news about various personalities, then u can post here.

or even if u want to know about some persons, u can request that here in this thread. I will try to post it here..

cheers.

Here goes my first Arimugam: Famous Play back singer Shreya Goshal

Ghoshal who started her career at the turn of the millennium in 2001 has already received the National Award for Best Play Back Singer from President Kalam and bagged the prestigious Filmfare Award two years in a row for 2002-2003 which makes her the undisputed leader of the filmi music world.

The shy, coy singer actually shot to dizzy heights of fame with her signature song ‘’Dola re dola re’ from the box office hit Devdas. Her other hits include the sensational ‘Jadu hai nasha hai’ song from ****, which she said was recorded when she was only seventeen. “I was even more nervous when I heard that it was meant for the sensuous Bipasha Basu," Ghoshal said.

Ghoshal sings in 18 different Indian languages. She gave the audience a taste of her talent when she sang in Bengali, (her mother tongue) and one in Tamil. The combo rendition of the all time great singing sirens Geeta Dutt (late), Latha Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle wa the highlight of her performance.

another cute photo of Shreya Goshal

cheers.

I like Shreya Ghosal athanaale thaan ava kooda duet paadinen
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

View Geethamites' Best Pics

theriyum GCB. unga post dhaan first reply varumnu theriuym. correcta vandhudichu..

enjoy..

cheers.

Here goes my second arimugam: Chinmayi

She is creating waves in the South Indian music scene, having sung several hit numbers for leading music directors like A R Rahman, Vidyasagar, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Bharadwaj, Imaan, Dhina and Ramesh Vinayagam among others.

Chinmayi is a versatile singer both in the classical mould (her forte is Ghazals, a rarity in Tamil Nadu) and in light music. Chinmayi's asset is her Tamil pronunciation, being a Tamil herself. Endowed with a sweet voice, she has honed her skills through hard work in learning Hindustani and 0.

Her first film song, the title song in Kannathil Muthamittal took the industry by storm. It was a dream debut - a brilliant composition by Rahman and superbly picturised by Mani Ratnam and well enacted by Simran and Keerthana. She has sung a few more numbers for Rahman besides other leading music directors.

Chinmayi has other talents as well. She can write well as she has shown in her column for Chennaionline on new restaurants in Chennai.

Profile of Chinmayi
    20 Years

Education

* Higher Secondary Schooling from the National Open School
    Pursuing B Sc Psychology from the University of Madras
    * Web designing skills from NIIT Ltd.
    * E-commerce certificate from SSI Ltd

Languages known

* English, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and working knowledge in Malayalam
    * Degree in German from the Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai

Additional professional activities

* Playback Singer
    * Classical Musician and Odissi Dancer

Previous Experience

* Worked for Sify.com with Carnatic Music.com for a period of 1 Year from 1999 - 2000
    * Worked for StudentConcepts.com for a period of five months on their project with Schools from February – July 2001
    * Freelance German Translator

Awards Received

* All India First and Best Performer Award from Sangam Kala Group in the Year 1999
    * All India First from the All India Radio for Ghazals in the Year 2000.
    * Best Female Playback Singer Award for the year 2002 for the Movie Kannathil Muthamittal from Best Media Associates (Variety Entertainment) Awarded on 18.1.2003

* Jewel of Sangam Kala in the Year 2002
    * Award from Ajanta Fine Arts for Kannathil Muthamittaal
    * Pride of Sangam Award for the year 2003.
    * ITFA Award for the Best Upcoming Playback Singer for the Year 2002 for Kannathil Muthamittaal awarded at Genting Highlands, Malaysia.

Performances

* Proficient in Ghazals and both Hindustani and Carnatic forms of Indian classical music and giving concerts in all the above.

Movies

* Opening in Films from A R Rahman in ‘Kannathil Muthamittaal’ of Madras Talkies.

Released films in Tamil

* Kannathil Muthamittal, (Kannathil Muthamittal)
    * Vaseegara, (Oru Thadavai Solvaaya)
    * Whistle, (Kirukka Kirukka)
    * Saena, (Uyir Pirindaalum)
    * Eera Nilam, (poonthena)
    * Thithikudhe, (Mainaave Mainaave)
    * Nala Damayanti, (Enna Idhu)
    * Boys, (Please Sir, Ayyappa Saamy)
    * Anbe Un Vasam, (Kanna)
    * Soori, (Pirivellam Pirivalla)
    * Enakku 20 Unakku 18, (Sandippoma, Oru Nanban Irundhaal)

Image, (Kaadhal Ennum)
    * Kangalal Kaidhu Sei, (En Uyir Thozhiye)
    * Pudhukkottaiyilerendhu Saravanan, (Pudhu Kaadhal)
    * Kadhal Kirukkan, (Poove Mudhal Poove)
    * Kuthu, (Ennai Theendivittaay)
    * Nee Mattum, (Oh Minnale)
    * Jananam, (Nee dhane)
    * Senthazhampoove, (Senthaazhampoove)
    * Jore (Bad Boy)
    * New (If you wanna)
    * Kadhal Sarigama (Thanneeril Meen Onru)

Released films in Telugu
    Amruta, Allari, Naga, Boys, Nee Manasu Naaku Telusu, Oka Oorilo, Satta.
    Released films in Malayalam Vaalkannadi, Thilakam, Kannina Kannen, Agale
    TV Serials

* Opening in serials from Vidya Sagar in the Malayalam Serial
    * ‘Saarthakam’ in the year 1999.
    * ‘Anbulla Snehidiye (Dhina)’ for Madras Talkies was the first Tamil Serial.
    * ‘Marakka Mudiyuma’ (Dhina),
    * ‘Ganga Gayathri (Imman),
    * ‘Varam’ (Murugan),

* ‘Sharada (Rajesh Vaidya)’,
    * ‘Appa’ (Dhina),
    * ‘Kanavugal’(Tamil),
    * ‘Naanna’ (Tlg),
    * Pratighatana (Rajesh Vaidya)’ (Tlg),
    * ‘Natakam’ (Tlg).

Albums

* ‘Swandam’ in Malayalam by East Coast Audio Entertainments
    * 'Old is gold', a Hindi Remix album by Aagosh
    * Many songs for Hindu and Christian Devotional albums

My next arimugam: Karthik (Playback Singer)

or young Karthik, it was a dream come true – to sing for superstar Rajnikant in his film Baba, that too for A R Rehman.

It is not too often that a youngster gets opportunities like that. Karthik had sung a few songs earlier for Ilayaraja and also in 'Star' for Rahman. However, for Rajni and that too in the much-hyped film Baba was like reaching Mount Everest in your teens.

Earlier, he was not too sure whether to sing or pursue an academic career. For a couple of years, thanks to his singer-friend Srinivas, he got an opportunity to meet Rehman and sing 'harmony' (which is more commonly known as chorus) for several songs.

That was actually a good break and a good experience for him, says Karthik, since it prepared him for the serious world of music.

He learnt Hindustani music and prepared himself for an extensive career in music.

One day, he was surprised when Rehman called him and asked him to try out a couple of songs by singing the track for Baba. But Rehman did not give him false hopes. Rajni might have to agree. Rehman was in London and sent the song outline through the Internet. Karthik sang the track portion, and Rehman received it in London. Apparently, he liked it. Rehman later keyed in the music.

Rehman recommended to Rajni that Karthik's voice be used. Karthik kept his fingers crossed. Rajni heard the song and liked the voice. “Let us give the youngster a boost”, Rajni seems to have said. He backed Karthik and gave the nod. Karthik was thrilled to hear that Rajni had okayed it and that he would sing two songs for the film.

The success of 'Maya, Maya' and 'Sakthi Kodu' in Baba catapulted Karthik to fame. He is now a regular singer for the leading music directors including Rehman, Ilayaraja, Vidyasagar, Bharathwaj, Deva, Harris Jayaraj and so on. The list of hits is growing by the day. It is true to say that he is probably among the busiest male singers in the South today.

Karthik Raja was the one who actually introduced him to Ilayaraja. It was a great experience for the young singer. However, he managed to impress the maestro. One of his best numbers for Ilayaraja was the hit, 'Oliyile Therivathu Deivathaiya' for 'Azhagi'.

Karthik is among the few singers in the Tamil film industry whose mother-tongue is Tamil and can write the lyrics in Tamil. Among his other hit songs are 'Naenthukitten' in Star, 'Manjaikattu Maina', 'Aval Ulaga Azhagiye' in Lesa Lesa, and 'Maro Maro' and 'Girl Friend' for 'Boys'.

The 'Boys' songs in particular marks another landmark in his career. The Rehman-Shankar combination is something that every singer would like. To get an opportunity to sing three songs in that film, the release of which is eagerly awaited, was a big thing, he feels.

Though Karthik looks smart and good looking enough to be a model and a hero, he steadfastly refuses acting assignments. He He still pursues his academic career vigorously. He is doing MCA course now, despite being busy in the music arena. He is a God-fearing person and still believes he has a long way to go. He will certainly go far.

Karthik still pursues his academic career and is doing the MCA course. Despite being busy in the music arena.

He has come a long way but he is bound to go far and reach greater heights.

List of hit songs of Karthik
    'Oliyile Therivathu' (Azhagi)
    'Naenthukitten Naenthukitten' or 'Aasai Dosai' (Star)
    'Manjakaattu Maina' (Manathai Thirudivittaay)
    'Thozha Thozha' (Kaadhal Samrajyam)
    'Theradi Veethiyile' (Run)
    'July Malargale' (Bhagavathy)
    'Maya, Maya' (Baba)
    'Sakthi Kodu' (Baba)
    'Girl Friend' (Boys)
    'Maro Maro' (Boys)
    'O Nanbane' (Dhil)
    'Sundari' (Kannathil Muthamittal)
    'Anna Saalaiyil' (Roja Koottam)
    'Aval Ulaga Azhagiye' (Lesa Lesa)
    'Buck Buck' (Parthiban Kanavu)
    'Moonrezhuthu' (Paarthale Paravasam)

Great thread Krish

Shreya is chweet.....

chinmayi voice nala irukkum.... but still got to hear more of her thou... but just 20 years.. oops.. she looks old for her age...

Shy
    I Geetham

I love karthik's voice.. so manly.. wow...

Krish.... Veera padam right.. athula meena will be having bath, appo thalaivar will have flowers in his hand and sing a song... very short one.. any idea who that guy is .... that was one good voice

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by Shy

Krish.... Veera padam right.. athula meena will be having bath, appo thalaivar will have flowers in his hand and sing a song... very short one.. any idea who that guy is .... that was one good voice

Shy
    i think that guy is Arunmozhi. old singer. his major hit was varadhu vandha nayagan song from thaalutu kekudhama for parthiban with s. janaki. very sweet voice. will try to get some details about that guy soon.

cheers.

Thanks pa.. sure info kedaicha post panungo..

Shy
    I Geetham

* Kannathil Muthamittal, (Kannathil Muthamittal)
    * Vaseegara, (Oru Thadavai Solvaaya)
    * Thithikudhe, (Mainaave Mainaave)
    * Nala Damayanti, (Enna Idhu)
    * Boys, (Please Sir, Ayyappa Saamy)
    * Enakku 20 Unakku 18, (Sandippoma)
    * Kangalal Kaidhu Sei, (En Uyir Thozhiye)

I like all these songs of Chinmayi

Karthik is indeed a very good singer. I guess he also sang in the Saptha Swarangal competition or something similar to that. I like all his songs.
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

View Geethamites' Best Pics

s..GCB, karthik was in sapthswarangal competition. When he came for finals, he had to compete with Ranjith. And I guess finally Ranjith won the competition. Do u know Ranjith? he is a play back singer now. one of his popular song is Pudhu Kaadhal Kaalam idhu from pudhukotailirundhu saranvan.

cheers.

I didnt knw Ranjith came through the music show too. does anyone have his pic?

I am actually a big fan of Karthik, he is really good! Very versatile. He has got many more years in Cineworld for sure!
    "யாமறிந்த மொழிகளிலே தமிழ்மொழி போல் இனிதாவது எங்கும் காணோம்" - மகாகவி பாரதியார்

good thread Krish....

me like Chinmayi and Karthik
    azhagu kutty chellam unnai aLLi thookum pOdhu, un pinju viralgaL mOdhi naan nenjam udaindhu pOnaen

thamizh, i also tried for the details about ranjith. but i couldnt get one until now. as soon as i get it, i ll post it here..

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by shy
    Veera padam right.. athula meena will be having bath, appo thalaivar will have flowers in his hand and sing a song... very short one.. any idea who that guy is
    shy, as krish said, it is indeed Arunmozhi. The song you are talking about is Aathule Annakili. His first song was Naan Enbadhu Nee Allavo Deva Devi in Soorasamharam. He is basically a flute player and used to play for Ilayaraja.

A thread about Arunmozhi
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

karthik was in sapthswarangal competition. When he came for finals, he had to compete with Ranjith. And I guess finally Ranjith won the competition. Do u know Ranjith? he is a play back singer now. one of his popular song is Pudhu Kaadhal Kaalam idhu from pudhukotailirundhu saranvan.

cheers.
    yeah krish, is he the one who has sung the song yela yela from arindhum ariyamalum. he's got a good voice.

-Siva
    -Siva
    "the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us"-- :D Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by rsivaraman
    yeah krish, is he the one who has sung the song yela yela from arindhum ariyamalum. he's got a good voice.

-Siva
    S.. Siva, u r right. yela yela song in arindhum ariyamalum was sung by Ranjith. the same guy.

cheers.

Oh Krish...nalla thread :P

naan chinmayi paathurkene enga area
    Karthik en friendku romba close vera(nera paarka azhagaa irpaan )...avala popularaa naan poi konjam ARkita intro panna solanum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast