Prabalangalin Arimugangal - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prabalangalin Arimugangal

His first song was Naan Enbadhu Nee Allavo Deva Devi in Soorasamharam. He is basically a flute player and used to play for Ilayaraja.
    yup right I love the song Naan Enbathu Nee Allavo Deva Devi.. deva logam veru yethu, devi ingu ulla bothu....
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

View Geethamites' Best Pics

Quote Originally Posted by chinglees

naan chinmayi paathurkene enga area
    Karthik en friendku romba close vera(nera paarka azhagaa irpaan )...avala popularaa naan poi konjam ARkita intro panna solanum
    chingi, appo neenga koodiya seekiram cine fieldla poiruveengannu sollunga... niraya cine personality ungalukku therinchirukku..

cheers.

heheheh Krish...ellam kanavula thaan nadakum

Karthik...Ayanavaram area....DG .Vaishnav Collegela B.COM apram MCA entha university therila

prabalangal'innu sollittu ellorum singers'aa irukaanga?
    vera yaaruchum vera field'la irukuravanga pathi sollunga.
    "யாமறிந்த மொழிகளிலே தமிழ்மொழி போல் இனிதாவது எங்கும் காணோம்" - மகாகவி பாரதியார்

Quote Originally Posted by krishng
    thamizh, i also tried for the details about ranjith. but i couldnt get one until now. as soon as i get it, i ll post it here..

cheers.
    thanks krish, even i have tried to find info on him in google, tamil sites etc but no news, nothing at all about him ! donno why he isnt famous even though some of his songs are.
    Karthik has been on all newspapers and sites as far as i knw and quite frequently can read interviews or other columns abt him for eg. in Hindu

From Prodigy to Master
    At the Madras Music Academy's festival of December 1969, the scene was set for a sensational occurrence. A young lad, yet to reach three years, was seated on the stage with the respected Experts' Committee of the prestigious Music Academy of Madras before him. In a playful mood, the boy astounded his audience by identifying over 325 raga-s and 175 tala-s. He further answered technical questions about different types of raga-s, gamaka-s (musical glides and shakes), parts of compositions and nomenclature. The Music Academy Journal writes 'With mikes all around him and his hands full of biscuits, all the time playing, the child gave out correct answers.'

So impressed were the experts of the Academy that they proposed to award him a monthly stipend of 50 rupees for three years. Within a year he had given a vocal performance at the Shanmughananda Sabha in Bombay and by the age of five had a repertoire of about 500 songs. The playful lad was none other than N. Ravikiran.

'Rarely do artistes in the music field live up to childhood promise. On many occasions genius in early years disappears in a flash. Ravikiran, the chitra veena artiste, has consolidated his precocity in childhood to present an image of a responsible player with nothing erratic about him that is normally attributed to gifted persons.' SVK in The Hindu, 12-1-96

Born in 1967 into a musical family, Ravikiran is considered an unprecedented phenomenon in Carnatic music. His grandfather Sri K. S. Narayana Iyengar was a renowned gottuvadhyam artiste and his father, Sri Narasimhan, is also a gifted gottuvadhyam artiste and vocalist.

The gottuvadhyam, more correctly called chitra veena, is a complicated ancient instrument with twenty-one strings. Unlike the traditional veena or sitar, it is fretless. The fretless nature of the instrument makes it the closest instrument to vocal standards. There are six strings used for the melody with the remaining strings used for providing a drone (3) and resonance (12). The fingers on the right hand are usually used with plectra to pluck the metal melody strings while a cylindrical block made out of wood, teflon or ebony is used to slide along the strings to vary the notes played. Ravikiran is the undisputed master of the instrument.

By the age of twelve, Ravikiran was a full-fledged vocal artiste and was given an A-grade ranking in All India Radio. At around this age, he switched over from vocal music to the difficult chitra veena to prove to sceptics that this instrument was indeed suited to Carnatic music. Within a short time he was a master of the instrument as well.

Ravikiran has performed all around the world at major international festivals including the Autumn Festival of France (1985), Rang Raag Festival, U.K. (1986), the International Music Festival of Radio France (1987) and Festivals of India in France, Germany and Switzerland. He has also toured USA, Canada and South East Asia extensively. Ravikiran started receiving many awards and titles from 1973 including 'Best Junior Musician' (Music Academy, Madras), 'Sangeeth Samraat' (Wisdom International), 'Kalaimamani' (Tamil Nadu Government), 'Sangeeta Choodamani' (Krishna Gana Sabha) and 'Isai Peroli' (Karthik Fine Arts).

The music of Ravikiran is synonymous with classicism. His unruffled stately manner on the stage is just one sign of his mastery and mature musicianship. He has a dedication to perfection, always aiming to bring out the finer nuances and graces of Carnatic music. Ravikiran plays in the gayaki or vocal style of Carnatic music which features fidelity in sruthi and laya. The austerity, traditional purity, and classicism of his musical style have earned him rave reviews from musical purists. NMN's description of him as a 'Sangeetha Gnani' implies self-reverence, self-knowledge and self-control.

Despite his busy musical schedule from a young age, Ravikiran completed his B. Com via correspondence and has founded the 'International Foundation for Carnatic Music' to advance the cause of Carnatic music. He has written several articles on music and is a composer or merit also. A complete dance drama with music composed by him will premier at the 20th Cleveland Thyagaraja Festival in 1997. Ravikiran has released numerous cassettes and CDs. He has recently collaborated with Blues singer and guitarist, Taj Mahal, and North Indian musician, V. M. Bhatt to produce the highly acclaimed CD, Mumtaz Mahal.

Ravikiran is musical phenomenon, master and genius. Pandit Ravi Shankar summed things up when he said 'If you don't believe in God, just look at Ravikiran.'

Hmm never heard of him .... maybe its my ignorance of carnatic music!

he he.. this is my 200th post !!

naanum kelvi patathu illai

Congrats Thamizh

Chinglees.. once cinefield poitaena... bandha yethum ellama.. naanga ellarum unnai parka vanthu oru taj or residencyla accomodation koduthu... nalla treat ellam kodupa ellai

Shy
    I Geetham

I have heard Chitraveena Ravikiran play onstage once, during my schooldays more than a decade back. Dont have much gnanam to appreciate classical music. The concert was really pleasant to hear.

One basic question, is gottuvadhiyam and chitra veena both the same i thought they were different
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Does anyone know information about singer Mahathi Yup, the girl who sang Pidichirukku in Samy.
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

kandipaa

Ravikiran...carnatic field'la romba famous...Genious....Avar pathi therinjukanumaa?itho www.ravikiranmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shy

Congrats Thamizh

Shy
    edhukku thamizhkku congrats shy? any good news?

cheers.

here goes my next arimugam: Mrs. Malathy Lakshman

Name - Malathy Lakshman
    Date of Birth - 27th August 1973
    Mother Tongue - Tamil, also knows Telugu
    Profession - Play back singer
    Education - 10th std
    Family: Husband- V.Lakshman
    Daughter- Shruthi (learning Carnatic music from Nityashree)
    Orchestra - Lakshman Shruthi & other troupes
    Stage Debut - 1986
    Musical debut in films Film: 'Saathi sanam' , Song: 'Machane, Machane'
    Sang first in public - During her brother's marriage ceremony
    Hobbies - All music related
    Favourtie singer - Male: the inimitable S.P.Balasubramaniam
    Female: ever smiling Chitra
    Favourite Song - All MGR songs especially “Tharai mel pirakka vaithaan, engalai kanneeril midhakka vaithaan” from the film Padakotti
    Favourite Movie - Naayagan, Autograph
    About her husband - 'Lakshman is not behind my success, he is my success'
    Career & Experience - Mrs. Malathy Lakshman started her career as stage singer in 1986.
    She is accompanying for star night shows with music directors, play back singers & cine actors.
    She had performed more than 5000 live shows and performed more than 150 films and 20 private albums.

Abroad Programmes

She had been to France, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark for Star Night shows and also visited Sydney, Melbourne with playback singers Dr.K.J. Yesudoss & Dr.S.P. Balasubramaniam, Sujatha & Anuradha sriram.

She gave her stage performance in Colombo, Singapore, Malaysia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai, Sharjah, UK, USA & Canada with Lakshman Sruthi band and visited Singapore, Malaysia, Colombo and Dubai with music directors for the concerts.
    Special Attraction - She sang a song in "Saathi Sanam" a Tamil movie - music director Deva, followed by "Karmegam", "Parthiban Kanavu", "Suetchai MLA", "Anbae Sivam". After arresting the minds of Tamil audience with 'Manmatha raasaa, Ummaa ummammaa, Madhamadha madhannu, Saappida vaadaa and Kumbida Pona Deivam now she is out to capture audiences in neighbouring States too. Some of her latest numbers have already become roaring hits in Andhra Pradesh smashing previous records. To name a few, `Aa ante Amalapuram' in the film "Arya" and `Vanga Mulappu' in the movie "Yours" and few numbers in the film 'Sankar Dhaadhaa M.B.B.S', Anandamananda Maye, Donga Dongadi, Shiv Sankar made her the hot favourite and most sought after female playback singer in the Telugu filmdom.

She is also famous for her exceptional ability of singing in 40 different voices like K.B.Sundarambal, Dr.Vijayalakshmi Navaneethakrishnan, Bangalore Ramaniammal, Manorama, S.Varalakshmi, Soolamangalam Sisters, Usha Uthup, Subha Mudhgal, Alka Yagnick...and others!
    Happiest moment - What else could be the happiest moment? Being married to Lakshman who has been all supportive.
    Sad Moment - On 14 th february valentines day, half way through her programme, in a Thanjavur college she received the news of her father's sad demise. Not wanting to disappoint her audience, she continued the programme controlling her tears. She was not able to see her father after she returned from the programme.

Suetchai MLA indha padam eppo vandhudhu I do remember Sadhisanam, don't quite remember this song, there was one other song "Sarumathi Nee dhaan sandhamadi" by Unnikrishnan that was good. The movie never got released, or rather went straight to dabba ().
    ~~~~~~~~~
    which song did Malathi sing in Parthiban Kanavu
    ~~~~~~~~~
    I guess even Sunitha Sarathy is famous as a stage singer. She got introduced in film playback singing in Ayutha Ezhuthu - Hey Goodbye Nanba.
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

Krish.. tamizh 200th post soli irunthaar right athuku

I want to know abt this lady... chocolate padathula antha famous paatu padinaalae.. bengaali girl...

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by ns80
    which song did Malathi sing in Parthiban Kanavu
    vaadi machiniye song NS. some major recent hits are manmadha raasa and kumbida pona deivam. indha paatunaladhaan ippo iva prabalam. but ivalukku talent irukku. i have seen spl pongal program in suntv with some singers. in that she sang in many voices like mentioned in that article.

cheers.

Nice thread krish. Good to know about play back singers... nice infos..

I like shreya, karthik and chinmaye.

My next arimugam: Pa. Vijay

Pa. Vijay is one of the most sought after lyricist today. Some of his popular songs are 'Karupu daan enakku puducha coloru', ‘Ennakkoru girlfriend venum ada ….’, 'Vetri Kodi Kattu', 'Swaasame' from Thenali, all the songs from Paarvai Ondre Podume, and Thulluvado Ilamai, in recent times 'Ichuthaa', 'July malargal', 2 songs from Dhool, Priyamana Thozhi, Boys, 'Dimsukatai' from Thirumalai ….'Bak Bak Madapura' etc. He is happy that Sneha’s favourite song is his song ‘Bak Bak Madapura’ and feels a sense of achievement when stars recognize him at functions. Author of many books Vijay’s wish is to translate them into many other languages in the near future. His proud moment came when AR Rahman, Shankar and Bharatiraja released ‘Silmishiye’, one his literary works.

My Next arimugam: Savitha

vera yaarum illanga indha savidha. simran, jothika, namitha and innum pala munnani heroines thiraila populara irukarthukku ivanga koralum oru reason. ivanga koral illena simran, jovoda koral ellam nianichukooda paarka mudiyaadhu. ivangaley ippo nerla vandhu pesinaalum simran pesara madhiri dhaaney ippo namkku irukkum.

Name:Savitha.R
    Date of Birth:20.09.1975
    Favourite Color:Green Favourite
    Dish:Fish Fingers With French Fries
    Greatest Style Obsession:Comfort fit
    What makes you laugh?Meaningless Chatter boxes
    Whom do you want to meet? My would be (Husband)
    How long does it take to get ready? It depends.
    Your Biggest Asset?Child Mind
    What makes you sad?When you see ones real dimension

Yep..savitha I know... iva voice thaan avangalukku ellam pillar...

Mayavila olunga jo iva voice vachu irukanum..bayamburutheeta

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by Shy
    Mayavila olunga jo iva voice vachu irukanum..bayamburutheeta

Shy
    thats true. jo romba bayamoorthitta.. :D

cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast