Prabalangalin Arimugangal - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prabalangalin Arimugangal

Savitha got married sometime last year right and said she wo'nt be doing dubbing after that. this is atleast a year back.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OK, next intro is about a golden 80s singer Jency Anthony...

In an arena where mere survival demands a Herculean effort, to shrug off a promising career nonchalantly, and to forgo a future of fame and fortune without even a tinge of regret is simply unimaginable. Jency did just that. She bid a cheerful adieu to tfm and settled to a contended life of marital bliss, raising two children over the years, while working as a music teacher in a small Government school in an obscure Kerala hamlet.

In a career that lasted a mere 4-5 years, the number of chart-toppers that Jency sang is something remarkable. Even while retaining S.Janaki as his mainstay, IR was experimenting with various young singers in those years- Sasirekha, Shailaja, Sujatha and Uma Ramanan, to name a few. Jency was among his pet protégés. And like a wishful windfall, many of IR’s exquisite compositions came her way.

A brief look at Jency’s songs:

1978:

1. vaanathu poongkiLi- thiripurasundari-with SJ- IR
    2. adipeNNE- muLLum malarum- IR
    3. alankara ponoonjalE - sonnathu nee thaana-with MV- IR (only humming by Jency)
    4. en uyir nee thaanE- priya-with KJY- IR
    5. aada chonnarE- vattathukkuL sathuram- IR

1979:

6. thamthana namthana- pudhiya vaarppugaL-with B Vasantha- IR
    7. idhayam pOguthE- pudhiya vaarppugaL- IR
    8. thOttam koNda rasavE- pagalil Or iravu-with IR- IR
    9. mayilE mayilE- kadavuL amaitha mEdai-with SPB-IR
    10. geetha sangeetha- anbE sangeetha-with JC- IR
    11. iru paRavaigaL - niRam maaRaatha pookaL- IR
    12. aayiram malargaLE- niRam maaRatha pookaL-with MV& SPS- IR
    13. gnyaan gnyaan paadanam- poonthaLir- IR
    14. hey masthana- azhagE unnai aaradhikkiREn-with SPB,VJ,JC- IR
    15. akka oru rajaathi- mugathil mugam paarkalaam-with JC- IR

1980:

16. meen kodi thEril- karumbuvil- IR
    17. deiveega raagam- ullasa paRavaigaL- IR
    18. theertha karaithanilE- thaippongal- IR
    19. en vaanilE - johny- IR
    20. naan unnai thirumba thirumba- ellaam un kairasi-IR
    21. kaathaadu aasai koothaaduthu- karadi-with MC Balu- GA?

1981:

22. vaadi en kappakkizhangE- alaigaL Oivathillai-with GA,IR- IR
    23. kaadhal Oviyam- alaigaL Oivathillai - with IR- IR
    24. poo malarndhida -tik tik tik- with KJY- IR
    25. paniyum naanE malarum neeyE - panimalar- with SPB- SG

1982:

26. en gaanam indRu arangERum- eera vizhi kaaviyangaL-with IR- IR
    27. kalyaNam ennai mudikka - metti-with Rajesh,Radhika- IR
    28. poothu nikkuthu kaadu- echchil iravugaL- with MV- IR
    29. aaththOram kaathaada - engEyO kEtta kural- IR

There is a song 'poochoodi pottum vechu' from the unreleased film ponni, MD-GA.

Much has been said about Jency’s voice, and some more, about her pronunciation. But it is an undisputable fact that many of her songs were (or for that matter, still are) oft-listened favourites. And it is a fact too that she was immensely popular in her time. I remember the days when her songs were aired on listeners’ requests repeatedly. And many of thamizh chEvai iRaNdu listeners used to enquire eagerly about Jency, the person behind the voice. But Jency preferred to remain an elusive enigma, shying from publicity. I saw a picture of hers for the first time a year back in a magazine interview, where she spoke about her career, expressing her gratitude to IR.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Intro suttufied from Saravanan @ Dhool.com Thanks to his extensive writeup on Jency . I can't imagine myself writing such a detailed intro . Liked her voice in "En Vaanile", "Poo Malarndhida", "En Gaanam","Ayiram MAlargale".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here is an interview she gave to Vikatan last November:
    http://www.vikatan.com/av/2004/nov/14112004/av0209.htm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Does anyone know about a singer called B.S.Sasirekha Often get her voice confused with one of Vani Jayaram's
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

Jency was a good singer. only Ilayaraja gave her chance. its pity.

thanx for the info NS.

cheers.

I remember BS Sasirekha.. :D Tiruchi vaanoli nilayam thiraippada paadalkaL at 7.00 am every work day morning.. :D :D

Ippo nyabagam varala.. only the names are there burned into my head...

Saw the list of Jency's Songs.. cheeezzzzz.. So many songs that I know, and have liked tremondously over the years..

Great work Nana & rest of the posteees..

v- :D
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Shy
    Krish.. tamizh 200th post soli irunthaar right athuku

I want to know abt this lady... chocolate padathula antha famous paatu padinaalae.. bengaali girl...

Shy
    Nandri for your congrats Shy !

BTW, Shy, r u askin abt Mathangi? Deva introduced her several years. She has sang with most of the Music Directors, including ARRahman in Kangalaal kaithu Sei.
    Anuradha Sriram and Mathangi sang the Mala Mala song in Chocolate and the duo have returned with their latest song together "Thachiko" in Ponniyin Selvan.
    "யாமறிந்த மொழிகளிலே தமிழ்மொழி போல் இனிதாவது எங்கும் காணோம்" - மகாகவி பாரதியார்

Quote Originally Posted by krishng
    My next arimugam: Pa. Vijay

Pa. Vijay is one of the most sought after lyricist today. Some of his popular songs are 'Karupu daan enakku puducha coloru', ‘Ennakkoru girlfriend venum ada ….’, 'Vetri Kodi Kattu', 'Swaasame' from Thenali, all the songs from Paarvai Ondre Podume, and Thulluvado Ilamai, in recent times 'Ichuthaa', 'July malargal', 2 songs from Dhool, Priyamana Thozhi, Boys, 'Dimsukatai' from Thirumalai ….'Bak Bak Madapura' etc. He is happy that Sneha’s favourite song is his song ‘Bak Bak Madapura’ and feels a sense of achievement when stars recognize him at functions. Author of many books Vijay’s wish is to translate them into many other languages in the near future. His proud moment came when AR Rahman, Shankar and Bharatiraja released ‘Silmishiye’, one his literary works.
    this same guy, got national award for the year 2004 which were anounsed today, for this song"ovvoru pookalume...." in the movie autograph.....
    hi this is shiva...from india..a researcher....

Quote Originally Posted by ns80
    Savitha got married sometime last year right and said she wo'nt be doing dubbing after that. this is atleast a year back.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OK, next intro is about a golden 80s singer Jency Anthony...

In an arena where mere survival demands a Herculean effort, to shrug off a promising career nonchalantly, and to forgo a future of fame and fortune without even a tinge of regret is simply unimaginable. Jency did just that. She bid a cheerful adieu to tfm and settled to a contended life of marital bliss, raising two children over the years, while working as a music teacher in a small Government school in an obscure Kerala hamlet.

In a career that lasted a mere 4-5 years, the number of chart-toppers that Jency sang is something remarkable. Even while retaining S.Janaki as his mainstay, IR was experimenting with various young singers in those years- Sasirekha, Shailaja, Sujatha and Uma Ramanan, to name a few. Jency was among his pet protégés. And like a wishful windfall, many of IR’s exquisite compositions came her way.

A brief look at Jency’s songs:

1978:

1. vaanathu poongkiLi- thiripurasundari-with SJ- IR
    2. adipeNNE- muLLum malarum- IR
    3. alankara ponoonjalE - sonnathu nee thaana-with MV- IR (only humming by Jency)
    4. en uyir nee thaanE- priya-with KJY- IR
    5. aada chonnarE- vattathukkuL sathuram- IR

1979:

6. thamthana namthana- pudhiya vaarppugaL-with B Vasantha- IR
    7. idhayam pOguthE- pudhiya vaarppugaL- IR
    8. thOttam koNda rasavE- pagalil Or iravu-with IR- IR
    9. mayilE mayilE- kadavuL amaitha mEdai-with SPB-IR
    10. geetha sangeetha- anbE sangeetha-with JC- IR
    11. iru paRavaigaL - niRam maaRaatha pookaL- IR
    12. aayiram malargaLE- niRam maaRatha pookaL-with MV& SPS- IR
    13. gnyaan gnyaan paadanam- poonthaLir- IR
    14. hey masthana- azhagE unnai aaradhikkiREn-with SPB,VJ,JC- IR
    15. akka oru rajaathi- mugathil mugam paarkalaam-with JC- IR

1980:

16. meen kodi thEril- karumbuvil- IR
    17. deiveega raagam- ullasa paRavaigaL- IR
    18. theertha karaithanilE- thaippongal- IR
    19. en vaanilE - johny- IR
    20. naan unnai thirumba thirumba- ellaam un kairasi-IR
    21. kaathaadu aasai koothaaduthu- karadi-with MC Balu- GA?

1981:

22. vaadi en kappakkizhangE- alaigaL Oivathillai-with GA,IR- IR
    23. kaadhal Oviyam- alaigaL Oivathillai - with IR- IR
    24. poo malarndhida -tik tik tik- with KJY- IR
    25. paniyum naanE malarum neeyE - panimalar- with SPB- SG

1982:

26. en gaanam indRu arangERum- eera vizhi kaaviyangaL-with IR- IR
    27. kalyaNam ennai mudikka - metti-with Rajesh,Radhika- IR
    28. poothu nikkuthu kaadu- echchil iravugaL- with MV- IR
    29. aaththOram kaathaada - engEyO kEtta kural- IR

There is a song 'poochoodi pottum vechu' from the unreleased film ponni, MD-GA.

Much has been said about Jency’s voice, and some more, about her pronunciation. But it is an undisputable fact that many of her songs were (or for that matter, still are) oft-listened favourites. And it is a fact too that she was immensely popular in her time. I remember the days when her songs were aired on listeners’ requests repeatedly. And many of thamizh chEvai iRaNdu listeners used to enquire eagerly about Jency, the person behind the voice. But Jency preferred to remain an elusive enigma, shying from publicity. I saw a picture of hers for the first time a year back in a magazine interview, where she spoke about her career, expressing her gratitude to IR.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Intro suttufied from Saravanan @ Dhool.com Thanks to his extensive writeup on Jency . I can't imagine myself writing such a detailed intro . Liked her voice in "En Vaanile", "Poo Malarndhida", "En Gaanam","Ayiram MAlargale".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here is an interview she gave to Vikatan last November:
    http://www.vikatan.com/av/2004/nov/14112004/av0209.htm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Does anyone know about a singer called B.S.Sasirekha Often get her voice confused with one of Vani Jayaram's
    My all time favourites meenkodi theril manmadha raajan oorvalam pogindraan.....yen vaanilee....enakku migavum piditha simpleaana paadagigalul muthanmaiyaanavar Jency....
    shiv...
    hi this is shiva...from india..a researcher....

Anuradha Sriram and Mathangi sang the Mala Mala song in Chocolate
    she sang Kokkaragiri in CHocolate, Malai Malai was sung by some other singer named Rayanah never heard that name before
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by shiva
    meenkodi theril manmadha raajan oorvalam pogindraan
    was there a video for this version have always seen the male version of the song (one which Sudhakar sings ).

Quote Originally Posted by ns80
    Anuradha Sriram and Mathangi sang the Mala Mala song in Chocolate
    she sang Kokkaragiri in CHocolate, Malai Malai was sung by some other singer named Rayanah never heard that name before
    Whooops!
    got it wrong ! Its Rehana... actually AR Rehana. AR Rahman's sister!
    I got confused between Anuradha Sriram and AR Rehana cos they both sing all these dodgy kuthu songs most of the time. Jaarri ....

Quote Originally Posted by shivadev
    Quote Originally Posted by krishng
    My next arimugam: Pa. Vijay

Pa. Vijay is one of the most sought after lyricist today. Some of his popular songs are 'Karupu daan enakku puducha coloru', ‘Ennakkoru girlfriend venum ada ….’, 'Vetri Kodi Kattu', 'Swaasame' from Thenali, all the songs from Paarvai Ondre Podume, and Thulluvado Ilamai, in recent times 'Ichuthaa', 'July malargal', 2 songs from Dhool, Priyamana Thozhi, Boys, 'Dimsukatai' from Thirumalai ….'Bak Bak Madapura' etc. He is happy that Sneha’s favourite song is his song ‘Bak Bak Madapura’ and feels a sense of achievement when stars recognize him at functions. Author of many books Vijay’s wish is to translate them into many other languages in the near future. His proud moment came when AR Rahman, Shankar and Bharatiraja released ‘Silmishiye’, one his literary works.
    this same guy, got national award for the year 2004 which were anounsed today, for this song"ovvoru pookalume...." in the movie autograph.....
    Pa. Vijay's song "Ovvoru Pookalume" has also been added to the syllabus by Madurai Kamaraj University University.

jency was a great..she left the film field to teach music in a govt school in kerela...i remember reading it some where...

yaarukachum singer Ranjith pathi news edhachum kidaicha sollunga.. he sang a song in the movie pudhukotailirundhu saravanan (pudhu kaadhal). also many other songs..

cheers.

Was searching for Ranjith and look who I found blogging

NS, indha blogla edho chinmayi pathi sollraangannu ninaicha.. vera ennavo talk poikittu irukku..

cheers.

Nice on NS. Its Chinmayi's blog site. Its good !
    Her website too !

krish, singer Chinmayi's full name is Chinmayi Sripada and that was her blog site.

oh ok ok NS.. thanx for the info. enakku avaloda full name theriyaadhu. adhaan yedhonnu ninaichutten..

cheers.

Here goes my next arimugam: Chitra Sivaraman

She is based in Bangalore, comes down to Chennai often to record for Tamil and Telugu films, travels to Kerala to anchor the weekly Sapta Swarangal on Asianet and sing for Malayalam movies and globe trots with her band for her music shows abroad.

CHITRA SIVARAMAN has loads of luck — in these days when talent is aplenty and being at the right place at the right time can make a whale of a difference, she has been able to manage things quite well. "That's the irony of the whole thing," says this charming singer. Chitra's face may not be too familiar, but her voice ought to be. "I live in Bangalore and that's a handicap.

Composers could think I am too far away from Chennai, to be bothered with. But one call, and I am here in a few hours ... " Still she did succeed in getting her first break in Tamil films from A. R. Rahman because she was at his studio at the opportune moment.

"Yes," she agrees. "I tried to meet Rahman through a friend, but the actual call from the composer's office came quite suddenly one evening. I was asked to come over with a demo cassette. Quickly I recorded a couple of ghazals and a few Malayalam and Tamil numbers at home and took them with me. I assumed that I would have to hand over the cassette to an assistant. But Rahman himself was there. He took my cassette inside to listen to it and soon his engineer came out and told me that I should return at 9 p.m. for the recording. I couldn't believe my luck. Overjoyed and absolutely tense I recorded my first Tamil film song, "Athini Pathini... " for "Tenali." It was a duet with Hariharan." What better opening could an aspiring singer ask for?

But it was a long time before she actually met Hariharan in person. "I met him at the studio where I was waiting to record for "Kangalal Kaidhu Sei." In Bermudas or Capri, whatever you call them, and with his hair tousled I first didn't recognise him. Then I went and introduced myself, and at once he said, `we have given a duet together haven't we? You did a good job... ' I was thrilled," Chitra recalls.

Chitra was in Chennai recently, to record a Telugu song for A. R. Rahman. Between "Tenali" and the recently released "Enakku 20 Unakku 18" and the yet-to-be released "Kangalal Kaidhu Sei," she has sung quite a few numbers for Rahman and also for Yuvan Shankar Raja, Karthik Raja, Vidyasagar, Deva, Bharadwaj and others.

The "Thozha Thozha ... " song Chitra sang for "Pandavar Bhoomi" was a major hit. But strangely she has not recorded for its composer Bharadwaj again. "As I told you, my not living in Chennai could be a reason," says Chitra. She has also sung for the Hindi film, "16 December."

Chitra's mother tongue is Tamil but she is proficient in all the languages of the South ("Only my Telugu is not all that good") and Hindi. And thankfully it includes the mother tongue. "My parents would insist that I speak and write Tamil properly, together with other languages," she says.

As Chitra Iyer, she is a known face to Asianet watchers — she is the anchor of the Malayalam channel's popular music show, ``Jeeva's Sapta Swarangal." Having done her education in Kerala, Chitra is very fluent in Malayalam. "Though there I am known more as a stage singer and TV person I've sung for Malayalam films also."

As Providence would have it, Chitra had gone to a studio to record a demo to be circulated among Malayalam film composers. And in the adjacent room was composer Bernie-Ignatius. He heard her sing and the next day he called her over for a song recording. She has sung four songs for Bernie since then and also for Suresh Peters and Balabhaskar, in Malayalam.

Chitra is excited about two recent Malayalam hits of hers. "Chundathu ... ", a duet with M. G. Sreekumar, in the Mammootty film, "Chronic Bachelor" that has music by Deepak Dev, and the "Ishta Mallada" song with singer Afzal, for "Swapnakoodu' — a very different kind of song composed by Mohan Sitara.

"Meera Jasmine, on whom the song was picturised, has done such a wonderful job that you would think that she's sung the song herself," says Chitra.

In Tamil, many of Chitra's numbers have been for Jyotika it appears. "I've noticed it too," she laughs.

Her Kannada number for the film "Kurigalu Saar Kurigalu" was composed by Hamsalekha.

In between her tight schedules, she travels all over the country and abroad — from Sri Lanka and the Gulf to Germany and the U.S. — crooning with her band. "And I also have a family to attend to," adds this happily-married singer. Husband Sivaraman shares her passion for music and encourages her in her pursuit, says this mother of two.

Source:hindu(02/01/2004)

Here goes my next arimugam: Shalini Singh

This playback singer has reached the centre-stage with several chart-busters to her credit in 2002 and 2003.

Among her hit songs are impressive peppy numbers like 'Yennai Konjam Maatri' in Kaakka Kaakka for music director Harris Jayaraj, 'Ichitha Ichitha' in Run for Vidyasagar, 'Vai Raja Vai' for Deva in Panchathanthiram, 'Gundu Ponnu' for Vidyasagar in Dhool, and 'Bulbul Tara' in Arasu for Mani Sharma.

That is a pretty good list for an upcoming artiste. All these songs have been on top of hit parades of every music and radio channel for weeks.

Shalini Singh is 21 years old.

She began her singing career at the tender age of three.

She participated in many musicals such as ‘Annie’, ‘Sound of Music’, ‘Joseph’s Coat of Technicolor’s’, ‘Cats’ etc…
    She sang for several Ad’ films such as Nutrine, Parrys Biscuits, Milka, Fairever, H.M.T. Shreyas Watches, Kumaran Silks, Lalitha Jewellery, Reynolds, Idhayam Oil, Coffee Bite, Bar-One, Maggie, Ponds Dreamflower Talc, Saber Pens etc…the latest being Ponds, Cello Pens for Rajiv Menon productions.

She joined Magnasound when she was 12 years old and cut her first album at the age of 13, titled “ Shalini ”. It was a mix of 8 songs done in Tamil.

Besides her solo album, she has rendered her voice for around 25 albums in different languages.

A little later she came into playback singing and has sung for many movies like – Thulli Thirindha Kaalam, Velai, Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar, Kalyaana Gallattaa, Appu, I love you da, Run, Pallavan, Dhool, Nee Varum Padhaiyellaam, Kaalaatpadai, Panchathanthiram, Punnagai Poove, Kaadhal sadugudu, Kaadhal Kisu Kisu, Kaaka Kaaka, Pepsi, April Madhathil, Indru Mudhal, Thiruda Thirudi, Anbe Un Vasam, Paarai, Lollipop, Thithikudhey, Nizhal, Irandu peyar, Alai and other songs, in languages such as Hindi, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Gujarathi etc.

She has also sung title songs for various serials like Choti Si Asha for Sony T.V., Premi directed by K.Balachander, Theinmozhi and other Tamil serials etc.

She is also a performer and has performed in places like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Calcutta, Bangalore and various parts of South India, including shows in Australia, Denmark, Germany, France, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Kuwait, etc with artistes like Hariharan, Shanker Mahadevan, S.P.Balasubramaniam, Unni Krishnan, Shaan, Sadhana Sargam, Udit Narayan, Whigfield, Lucky Ali, Sukhbir, S.Janaki, P.Susheela, Mano, Unni Menon, Srinivas, Sukhwinder etc.

Awards:

She received her first Award from the Rotary Club called the Youth Merit Award followed by an award given by the Cinema Kalai Mandram for the ‘Best Singer’ of 1997.

Again she received an Award for ‘Special Playback Singer’ category by the Lions Club of Chennai.

The next Award was from Matchmakers as the ‘Best Singer for 2002’.

She received another award from the Karnataka State Government as the ‘Best Female Singer’ in Kannada.

Recognising her talent in singing, she was offered a lead role as a singer in the serial ‘Oonjal’ by no less a director than K.Balachander.It also included many other singers such as S.P.B.Charan and Mano which turned out to be a great success. She was also awarded the ‘Best New Face’ Award for this serial.

She also acted in the film ‘Pop-Corn’ directed by Naazar who is a renowned actor in the south. This subject also deals with music and the main star cast includes big time artistes like Simran, Mohanlal and Vivek etc.

Her training

She was trained in western classical music for 11 years. She is at present learning the piano for her sixth grade as well as 'Theory of Music' for her fourth grade from the “Trinity College of Music”, London. She learnt carnatic music for 2 years and is now undergoing training in hindustani music for the past 6 years.

Academics

Besides her singing, she is at present doing her second year M.A. in English Literature.

Recent developments

She has been nominated for ‘The Best Upcoming Singer’ category in the International Tamil Film Awards that is to take place in Malaysia for the year 2002.

Hit songs of Shalini:

S.No Film Music Director Name of song
    1 Panchathanthiram Deva Vai raja vai
    2 Raajiyam Bharadwaj Thottuka Da
    3 Run Vidyasagar Ichitha Ichitha
    4 Irandu Peyar Sunil Verma Ho Romeo
    5 Anbu Thollai Soundaryan Muthu Malai
    6 Oru Neram Soundaryan Yen Kannil Nee Than
    7 Nee Kidaithal Pothum Manoj Bhatnagar Pthikichi Da
    8 Kaalatpadai Bharadwaj Title song
    9 Kaalatpadai Bharadwaj Idly
    10 Dhool Vidyasagar Gundu Ponnu
    11 Pop Carn Yuvan Azhagana Soozhal
    12 April Mathathil Yuvan Kanavugal Pookkum
    13 Pallavan Vidyasagar Ice Malai Katrey
    14 Yendrum Unnai Bharadwaj Solli Theriyadhu
    15 Punnagai Poove Yuvan Jogging seyyum
    16 Punnagai Poove Yuvan Nee theendamal
    17 Indran Krishna Teja Aiyaiyo
    18 Speed Dancer Krishna Teja Sonali
    19 Kaakka Kaakka Harris Jayaraj Yennai Konjam Maatri
    20 Arasu Mani Sharma Bulbul Tara
    21 Nee Varum Pathai Bharadwaj Kaadhal Mayuri
    22 Madurai Jilla S A Rajkumar Muthu Muthalagu
    23 Kadhal Kisu Kisu Vidyasagar Kabadi Kabadi
    24 Indru Mudhal Deva Eureka
    25 Indru Mudhal Deva Oru Aasai Vandha
    26 Lollipop Yuvajith Pothum Yendru
    27 Pepsi Harris Kanavugal Periya
    28 Kurumbu Yuvan Kinginey Minginey
    29 Kaadhal Sadugudu Vidyasagar Mama
    30 Thiruda Thirudi Dhina Unnai Paartha Pinbu
    31 Paarai Sabesh/Murali Kannukkul Tic Tic
    32 Kaadhal.com Bharadwaj Satham Indri
    33 Anbe Un Vaasam Dhina Inguthan
    34 Nizhal Vimal Raj Theepori
    35 Aha Ethanai Azhagu Vidyasagar Kadhu Pathikichi
    36 Kolagalam Bharadwaj I like you
    37 Appadi Ya Bhavadharini Kannukkul Neeye
    38 Thulli Thirindha Kalam Ganesh Kumar Deewana Deewana
    39 Velai Yuvan Kanni Ponnu
    40 Kalyanam Galatta Yuvan Madonna Michael Jackson
    41 Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar Karthik Raja Ailasa Ailasa
    42 Appu Deva Idam Tharuvaaya
    43 I Love You Da Bharadwaj Autograph
    44 I Love You Da Bharadwaj Title song
    45 Anbe Un Vaasam Bharadwaj Yenga Poraa
    46 Ishwaran Vidyasagar Kottabomman
    47 Alai Vidyasagar Solli Kaattu

Here goes my next arimugam: Mirchi Suchithra

This young Radio Jockey has captured the imagination of the people of Chennai in a short time.

When Radio Mirchi's FM station was launched a few months ago, it very much started as an underdog, faced as it was with the intense competition from television major Sun TV's Radio Suryan.

However, vivacious and enterprising RJs like Suchitra, known affectionately as Suchi, took the staid city by storm with some lively and innovative forms of radio anchoring. Within a few weeks, Suchi and Sujatha became household names in Chennai, thanks to their sparkling wit, spontaneity and intelligent conversation with fans across the city.
    shaadi.com

Basically, she works as an RJ with Radio Mirchi, where she hosts the breakfast show called 'Hello Chennai'. The show is from Monday to Saturday, 7 to 11 a.m., Live. The show deals with city happenings, national/international newsworthy snippets, sports, business, and it comes to Chennaivasis in a fun-format, easy-to-digest style.

However, that is only one side of her. Suchi, having become an instant hit, with the youth in particular, film producers and music directors are keen to make use of her multi-faceted talents.

Thus, she has now started singing for films.

Suchi has sung in Laysa Laysa (Ennai Polave - a duet with Chitra), Kaakha Kaakha (Uyirin Uyire - another hit duet with KK), Punnagai Poove (Venus Venus Pennae - a duet with Devan) and has now sung her first solo for Jay Jay, the much-hyped Reema-Sen number on the crowded Vishakapatnam railway station platform!

Incidentally, she has also done a cameo as Radio Mirchi RJ Suchitra in the same film. She enjoys writing, having contributed articles to The Hindu and Economic Times for a while now. She won this year's Commonwealth Broadcasting Association's highly commended International Award in short-story writing which has helped renew her commitment to write for children.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast