Never Ending Kushboo's Issue - Todays Update
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Never Ending Kushboo's Issue - Todays Update

Default Never Ending Kushboo's Issue - Todays Update

Kushboo has got herself into a tangle following an interview to a weekly.

The actress had stated in the interview that there was nothing wrong in the premarital sex. This resulted in flared tempers among the members of Tamil Protection Movement who organized protests in front of Nadigar Sangam on Sunday seeking an apology from the actress stating that she has brought disrepute to Tamil culture.

However sources close to Kushboo allege that it was the handiwork of some vested interests as she was in the forefront during a recent showdown between film stars and producer-director-actor Thangar Bachchan following the latter's alleged derogatory remarks against the women artistes.

Thangar was made to apologize before the women stars at the Nadigar Sangam recently.

Now the boot is on the other leg.

Now she is facing the wrath of womens' organizations for her over-the-top comments on pre-marital sex in an interview to a weekly.

Pushed to the back foot, Kushboo has been quick to offer a clarification.

She has said 'it was indeed unfortunate that a big issue has been made out of my interview. I find no wrong in whatever I had spoken about pre-marital sex. In the changing scenario, whatever I spoke holds true. Needless controversy has been with my interview'.

The actress-turned-producer also stated that such controversies are not new to her career and she would face them boldly.

In her interview, Khushboo has suggested that in modern times chastity cannot be expected from girls.

IndiaGlitz
    Though you are a past Dream,I'm still wandering in that Dream....

hmm i don't exactly what she said...... but if she did say only "that there was nothing wrong in the premarital sex" .. then i find nothing wrong with the statement...
    azhagu kutty chellam unnai aLLi thookum pOdhu, un pinju viralgaL mOdhi naan nenjam udaindhu pOnaen

i agree with u viji

btw.. is this the same news posted in tamil by che also in this section???
    I'M BACK!

edhavadhu pesitholaiyattum.. ivangalukku vera pozhappu kedaiyadhu..
    தீயினால் சுட்ட புண் உள்ளாறும் ஆறாதே நாவினால் சுட்ட வடு - திருவள்ளுவ ர்

oru velai aduthu kushbuva apologize panna solluvaangalo? paarkalaam. but she boldly said that she made this comment becos this is more common in big cities. so she is not going to withdraw her statements and not to apologise for that.

cheers.

but if she did say only "that there was nothing wrong in the premarital sex"
    I dont agree to this. As many has said now, if she wants to say this, she shud have better said that in bombay/calcutta not in chennai/TN

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by Shy
    but if she did say only "that there was nothing wrong in the premarital sex"
    I dont agree to this. As many has said now, if she wants to say this, she shud have better said that in bombay/calcutta not in chennai/TN

Shy
    hmmmmm what ever she said is her personal opinion... i don't see her targeting anyone.... if she think premarital.. sex is okay.. thats her view.. she is not telling ppl to do.. it
    azhagu kutty chellam unnai aLLi thookum pOdhu, un pinju viralgaL mOdhi naan nenjam udaindhu pOnaen

Taken aback by the outcry her remarks on premarital sex had generated in the state, South Indian actress Kushboo, today tendered an open apology to Tamils, especially women, saying she would never even dream of sullying the image of the Tamil people.

Cutting short her visit to Singapore where she had gone with her family, Kushboo, who flew back to the city today, said "even in films, I never undertook roles, which lowered the image of women."

"I have the greatest regard for Tamils, especially Tamil women. If my remarks have hurt anybody's feelings, I tender an apology. I am one among you and will always remain with you," said the Mumbai-born actress and prima donna in Tamil cinema in the 90s, in a statement.

Meanwhile,a defamation suit has been filed today in a city metropolitan magistrate's court under Section 499 and 500 of the IPC (punishment for defamation) against the actress. An effigy of the actress was also burnt in Salem city.

Some political parties and a few among the film fraternity in Tamil Nadu had taken offence to her remarks on premarital sex and had demanded an apology from the actress.

The actress had reportedly said in an interview to a magazine that it was fine for girls to indulge in premarital sex, but they should take care to avoid unwanted pregnancies and contracting Sexually Transmitted Diseases.

She later justified her statement by saying that no educated man could expect his partner to be a virgin.

Kushboo is married to a Tamil film director. The couple have two children.

About a 100 "casual artistes" gathered in the South Indian Film Artistes' Association premises to back the actress. They also demanded action against the partymen who had stormed the Association office earlier in the day.

In a similar incident, Thankar Bachan, film director and producer, recently had to face the wrath of the actresses including Khushboo for saying, "women who acted mainly for money are akin to prostitutes".

He later had to apologise and Khushboo reportedly was not pacified with the apology.

Source: Hindu

The actress had reportedly said in an interview to a magazine that it was fine for girls to indulge in premarital sex, but they should take care to avoid unwanted pregnancies and contracting Sexually Transmitted Diseases.

why are these women mad at her statement?? she ain't saying anything about tamil gals and premartial sex

Viji,

you dont understand the mentality of people back home. Any celebrity statement will create some problem or another..

Also if girls are already so westernized and want to have a carefree life.. ippadi celebritiesum yethi vitaangana, parentsku thaanae athu problem.

If you have such an opinion, do it urself or advice ur family and friends, why make a public statement abt it?

Shy
    I Geetham

vijitha,,,,,dir thangar was targetting only actress in his statement,,,,,but kushbhoo has target overall women which has created big problem....when asked to apology she has inturn reverted has can one point out who is perfect,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by micky
    vijitha,,,,,dir thangar was targetting only actress in his statement,,,,,but kushbhoo has target overall women which has created big problem....when asked to apology she has inturn reverted has can one point out who is perfect,,,,,,,,,
    huh?? i don't see her targeting anyone.. she just told her view...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    shy i understand that media ppl have big impact on the ppl.... but going to court for it?????

I dont see anything wrong in what she said about premarital sex , but the other point where she says any educated person should not expect his wife to be a virgin was uncalled for..

Kushboo later justified her statement by saying that no educated man could expect his partner to be a virgin.

For full news...

http://headlines.sify.com/news/fulls...r~s~e~x~remark
    Well-timed silence has more eloquence than speech....

Viji... court ellam stunt, I agree with you.. Politicians ooda velai.. they wil have fun now.. onnum seya mudiyaathu.. but thavalai than vaayaal kedum mathiri kushboo velai athunu solven...

As a celebrity she didnt think abt the responsibilty she had parthiyaa..

Shy
    I Geetham

People generally turn a blind eye to acts of violence, but when it comes to matters of religion or virtue/virginity, they are anything but silent spectators.

"There is no necessity to remain a virgin till you get married," said Khushboo. And the puritans rose in protest. In response, Khushboo tried to justify her remarks and the crowd set off with brooms and anything they could get hold of.

These are not the ordinary lay people, nor do they belong to a woman activist group. They are members of Thirumavalavan's Viduthalai Siruthaigal party. Khushboo was only expressing her personal opinion. But the Viduthalai Siruthaigal gathered in front of the Nadigar Sangam, and brandishing brooms and slippers, they raised anti-Khushboo slogans. Khushboo hails from Mumbai and they want her to get out of Tamilnadu.

Khushboo had been vociferous in raising objections to Thankar Bachchan's tasteless remarks. Thankar's friend Thirumavalavan took offence to this. "A temple for Mumbai's Khushboo? But an aplogy for Tamilian Thankar Bachchan?" were some slogans adorning wall posters.

In such a situation, when Khushboo let loose her statements, the Thirumavalavan group grabbed on to it immediately. If the police gave permission, the normal course of action would have been to protest outside Khushboo's house. So, why did they go and protest outside the Nadigar Sangam?

"Thankar Bachchan had to apologise for his remarks at the Nadigar Sangam. Keeping this in mind, Thirumavalavan's men want to create a cheap ruckus in front of the Nadigar Sangam and try to besmirch our reputation," says a Nadigar Sangam member in fury.

After the protest had died down, many of the Nadigar Sangam members arrived at the scene, including many female members. Anti-Thirumavalavan and anti-Viduthalai Siruthaigal slogans were heard. They also asked for a ban on Thirumavalavan's Viduthalai Siruthaigal party.

This counter action by the actors and actresses has put Thirumavalavan in a spot.

Source: Cinesouth

Celebrities have responsibilites? Since when??

Don't people have responsibilities? Or are they exempt from such stuff, because they come up with fine sounding names like culture, panpaadu, and so on??

I don't find anythign wrong in Kushboo's statements. Or in her right to express her opinions.

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

I can't stop grining
    there's no issue on earth like that of a certain membrane which has the power to raise so much "interest"

blue.

Useless talk..You cant expect better view from an Actress. Its her personal view and I donno why she is draggin all the educated ppl for it. Damn it. Anyway every1 in this world is not Sundar C. thats the answer for her.

Quote Originally Posted by vijitha
    Quote Originally Posted by micky
    huh?? i don't see her targeting anyone.. she just told her view...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    shy i understand that media ppl have big impact on the ppl.... but going to court for it?????
    viji she hasnt target anyone,,,,if she has done that it wouldnt be a big issue,,,,,she has said in general,,,,thats why all are jumping..........
    thatha there is nothing wrong to speak out their opinion,,,,,but there should be a limit,,,,all this talks will go well if it is in her own circle as she mentioned.......
    this is similar to thangar case----there he mentioned only actress,,,,kushboo has said it a different way which means all the same to the public........
    moreover as jaggy quoted --- no one can be like sundar.c

Two separate incidents in the city have turned the spotlight again on freedom of speech and expression, moral policing and invasion of privacy.

First, actress Kushboo sought to clarify that her comments on pre-marital sex published by a news magazine were based on findings of the magazine's survey on pre-marital sex, and said that she had been misunderstood.

Kushboo said she had commented on pre-marital sex as an unfortunate trend worldwide and had not said anything specifically to malign Tamil culture or women.

Rushing back to the city from Singapore, she regretted that the issue had been blown out of proportion.

The actress said she was sorry if anything she said had hurt the sentiments of the Tamil public.

Her clarification came after a section of women affiliated to the Tamil Protection Movement protested against the actress and burnt effigies of her.

Meanwhile, a women's wing functionary of the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) has filed a defamation complaint against Kushboo. According to the PMK's Central Chennai district women's wing secretary, Deepam Jayakumar, Kushboo's interview had caused anguish and mental agony to her and other women in the State. She said the remarks undermined the culture and civilization of Tamils and it derided the pride of the petitioner and other Tamil women.

The complainant wanted the actress to be summoned to court and punished for offences under Sections 499 and 500 of the Indian Penal Code. The petition, filed under Section 200 of the Code of Criminal Code, was submitted to the VI Metropolitan Magistrate at Egmore, Dharman, on Monday.

In another instance, party-goers were in for a rude shock when they woke up on Monday morning to find that Tamil dailies had splashed pictures of them with "distasteful captions."

The management of the hotel where the party was held expressed shock and a spokesperson said that when the hotel had complied with all rules laid down by the police, including shutting down before midnight and restricting entry to those below 21, the uninvited lensmen who gate-crashed the party had no right to invade the privacy of customers. "If a husband chooses to kiss his wife at a private party, who are we to interfere?" the spokesperson asked.

The two instances follow on the heels of the Anna University Vice-Chancellor's enforcement of a dress code, ostensibly to protect values.

"It is women who have been the target of moral policing in every case," a woman activist observed. "The Vice-chancellor wants to dictate what women should wear, political parties targeted Khushboo's comments for petty publicity and Tamil dailies that use a staple of sleaze from films today are talking about women and morality. Talk about hypocrisy."

Source: Hindu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast