continue surah 6.....
71. Say: "Shall we indeed call on others besides Allah,-
things that can do us neither good nor harm,- and turn on
our heels after receiving guidance from Allah. -
like one whom the evil ones have made into a fool, wandering
bewildered through the earth, his friends calling, come to us',
(vainly) guiding him to the path." Say: "(Allah)'s guidance is the
(only) guidance, and we have been directed to submit ourselves to the Lord of the worlds;-
72. "To establish regular prayers and to fear Allah. for it is to
Him that we shall be gathered together."
73. It is He who created the heavens and the earth in true
(proportions): the day He saith, "Be," behold! it is. His word is
the truth. His will be the dominion the day the trumpet will be blown.
He knoweth the unseen as well as that which is open.
For He is the Wise, well acquainted (with all things).
74. Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: "Takest thou idols for gods?
For I see thee and thy people in manifest error."
75. So also did We show Abraham the power and the laws of
the heavens and the earth, that he might (with understanding)
76. When the night covered him over, He saw a star: He said:
"This is my Lord." But when it set, He said: "I love not those that set."
77. When he saw the moon rising in splendour, he said:
"This is my Lord." But when the moon set, He said: "unless
my Lord guide me, I shall surely be among those who go astray."
78. When he saw the sun rising in splendour, he said:
"This is my Lord; this is the greatest (of all)." But when the sun set,
he said: "O my people! I am indeed free from your (guilt) of giving
partners to Allah.
79. "For me, I have set my face, firmly and truly, towards
Him Who created the heavens and the earth, and never shall I give partners to Allah."
80. His people disputed with him. He said: "(Come) ye to dispute with me,
about Allah, when He (Himself) hath guided me?
I fear not (the beings) ye associate with Allah. Unless my Lord willeth,
(nothing can happen). My Lord comprehendeth in
His knowledge all things. Will ye not (yourselves) be admonished?
81. "How should I fear (the beings) ye associate with Allah,
when ye fear not to give partners to Allah without any
warrant having been given to you? Which of (us) two parties
hath more right to security? (tell me) if ye know.
82. "It is those who believe and confuse not their
beliefs with wrong - that are (truly) in security,
for they are on (right) guidance."
83. That was the reasoning about Us, which We gave to Abraham
(to use) against his people: We raise whom We will,
degree after degree: for thy Lord is full of wisdom and knowledge.
84. We gave him Isaac and Jacob: all (three) guided:
and before him, We guided Noah, and among his progeny,
David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses, and Aaron: thus do
We reward those who do good:
85. And Zakariya and John, and Jesus and Elias: all in the
ranks of the righteous:
86. And Isma'il and Elisha, and Jonas, and Lot: and to all
We gave favour above the nations:
87. (To them) and to their fathers, and progeny and brethren:
We chose them, and we guided them to a straight way.
88. This is the guidance of Allah. He giveth that guidance
to whom He pleaseth, of His worshippers. If they were to
join other gods with Him, all that they did would be vain for them.
89. These were the men to whom We gave the Book,
and authority, and prophethood: if these (their descendants)
reject them, Behold! We shall entrust their charge to a
new people who reject them not.
90. Those were the (prophets) who received Allah.s guidance:
Copy the guidance they received; Say: "No reward for this do
I ask of you: This is no less than a message for the nations."
91. No just estimate of Allah do they make when they say:
"Nothing doth Allah send down to man (by way of revelation)"
Say: "Who then sent down the Book which Moses brought?-
a light and guidance to man: But ye make it into (separate)
sheets for show, while ye conceal much (of its contents):
therein were ye taught that which ye knew not- neither ye
nor your fathers." Say: "(Allah) (sent it down)": Then leave
them to plunge in vain discourse and trifling.
92. And this is a Book which We have sent down, bringing blessings,
and confirming (the revelations) which came before it:
that thou mayest warn the mother of cities and all around her.
Those who believe in the Hereafter believe in this (Book),
and they are constant in guarding their prayers.
93. Who can be more wicked than one who inventeth a
lie against Allah, or saith, "I have received inspiration,"
when he hath received none, or (again) who saith,
"I can reveal the like of what Allah hath revealed"?
If thou couldst but see how the wicked (do fare) in the
flood of confusion at death! - the angels stretch forth their
hands, (saying),"Yield up your souls: this day shall ye receive
your reward,- a penalty of shame, for that ye used to tell
lies against Allah, and scornfully to reject of His signs!"
94. "And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created
you for the first time: ye have left behind you all (the favours)
which We bestowed on you: We see not with you your
intercessors whom ye thought to be partners in your affairs:
so now all relations between you have been cut off, and your
(pet) fancies have left you in the lurch!"
95. It is Allah Who causeth the seed-grain and the date-stone
to split and sprout. He causeth the living to issue from the dead,
and He is the one to cause the dead to issue from the living.
That is Allah. then how are ye deluded away from the truth?
96. He it is that cleaveth the day-break (from the dark):
He makes the night for rest and tranquillity, and the sun and
moon for the reckoning (of time): Such is the judgment and
ordering of (Him), the Exalted in Power, the Omniscient.
97. It is He Who maketh the stars (as beacons) for you, that ye
may guide yourselves, with their help, through the dark spaces
of land and sea: We detail Our signs for people who know.
98. It is He Who hath produced you from a single person:
here is a place of sojourn and a place of departure:
We detail Our signs for people who understand.
99. It is He Who sendeth down rain from the skies: with it
We produce vegetation of all kinds: from some We produce green
(crops), out of which We produce grain, heaped up (at harvest);
out of the date-palm and its sheaths (or spathes) (come)
clusters of dates hanging low and near: and (then there are)
gardens of grapes, and olives, and pomegranates, each similar
(in kind) yet different (in variety): when they begin to bear fruit,
feast your eyes with the fruit and the ripeness thereof. Behold!
in these things there are signs for people who believe.
100. Yet they make the Jinns equals with Allah, though
Allah did create the Jinns; and they falsely, having no
knowledge, attribute to Him sons and daughters.
Praise and glory be to Him! (for He is) above what they attribute to Him!
101. To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and
the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort?
He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things.
102. That is Allah, your Lord! there is no god but He, the
Creator of all things: then worship ye Him: and He hath
power to dispose of all affairs.
103. No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision:
He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things.
104. "Now have come to you, from your Lord, proofs
(to open your eyes): if any will see, it will be for (the good of)
his own soul; if any will be blind, it will be to his own (harm):
I am not (here) to watch over your doings."
105. Thus do we explain the signs by various (symbols):
that they may say, "Thou hast taught (us) diligently,"
and that We may make the matter clear to those who know.
106. Follow what thou art taught by inspiration from thy Lord:
there is no god but He: and turn aside from those who join gods with Allah.
107. If it had been Allah.s plan, they would not have taken
false gods: but We made thee not one to watch over their doings,
nor art thou set over them to dispose of their affairs.
108. Revile not ye those whom they call upon besides Allah,
lest they out of spite revile Allah in their ignorance. Thus have
We made alluring to each people its own doings. In the end
will they return to their Lord, and We shall then tell them the truth of all that they did.
109. They swear their strongest oaths by Allah, that if a
(special) sign came to them, by it they would believe. Say:
"Certainly (all) signs are in the power of Allah. but what will
make you (Muslims) realise that (even) if (special) signs came,
they will not believe."?
110. We (too) shall turn to (confusion) their hearts and their eyes,
even as they refused to believe in this in the first instance:
We shall leave them in their trespasses, to wander in distraction.
111. Even if We did send unto them angels, and the dead did
speak unto them, and We gathered together all things before
their very eyes, they are not the ones to believe, unless it is in
Allah.s plan. But most of them ignore (the truth).
112. Likewise did We make for every Messenger an enemy,-
evil ones among men and jinns, inspiring each other with flowery
discourses by way of deception. If thy Lord had so planned,
they would not have done it: so leave them and their inventions alone.
113. To such (deceit) let the hearts of those incline, who have
no faith in the hereafter: let them delight in it, and let them
earn from it what they may.
114. Say: "Shall I seek for judge other than Allah. -
when He it is Who hath sent unto you the Book, explained in detail.
" They know full well, to whom We have given the Book,
that it hath been sent down from thy Lord in truth.
Never be then of those who doubt.
115. The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfilment in truth and in
justice: None can change His words: for He is the one
who heareth and knoweth all.
116. Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth,
they will lead thee away from the way of Allah.
They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie.
117. Thy Lord knoweth best who strayeth from His way:
He knoweth best who they are that receive His guidance.
118. So eat of (meats) on which Allah.s name hath
been pronounced, if ye have faith in His signs.
119. Why should ye not eat of (meats) on which Allah.s
name hath been pronounced, when He hath explained
to you in detail what is forbidden to you - except under
compulsion of necessity? But many do mislead (men)
by their appetites unchecked by knowledge.
Thy Lord knoweth best those who transgress.
120. Eschew all sin, open or secret: those who earn
sin will get due recompense for their "earnings."
121. Eat not of (meats) on which Allah.s name hath
not been pronounced: That would be impiety.
But the evil ones ever inspire their friends to contend with
you if ye were to obey them, ye would indeed be Pagans.
122. Can he who was dead, to whom We gave life,
and a light whereby he can walk amongst men,
be like him who is in the depths of darkness,
from which he can never come out? Thus to those
without faith their own deeds seem pleasing.
123. Thus have We placed leaders in every town,
its wicked men, to plot (and burrow) therein: but they
only plot against their own souls, and they perceive it not.
124. When there comes to them a sign (from Allah., They say:
"We shall not believe until we receive one (exactly)
like those received by Allah.s apostles." Allah knoweth best where
(and how) to carry out His mission. Soon will the
wicked be overtaken by humiliation before Allah,
and a severe punishment, for all their plots.
125. Those whom Allah (in His plan) willeth to guide,-
He openeth their breast to Islam; those whom He willeth
to leave straying,- He maketh their breast close and
constricted, as if they had to climb up to the skies:
thus doth Allah (heap) the penalty on those who refuse to believe.
126. This is the way of thy Lord, leading straight:
We have detailed the signs for those who receive admonition.
127. For them will be a home of peace in the presence of
their Lord: He will be their friend, because they practised (righteousness).
128. One day will He gather them all together,
(and say): "O ye assembly of Jinns! Much (toll) did ye take of men.
" Their friends amongst men will say: "Our Lord!
we made profit from each other: but (alas!) we reached our term -
which thou didst appoint for us." He will say:
"The Fire be your dwelling-place: you will dwell therein for ever,
except as Allah willeth." for thy Lord is full of wisdom and knowledge.
129. Thus do we make the wrong-doers turn to each other,
because of what they earn.
130. "O ye assembly of Jinns and men! came there not
unto you apostles from amongst you, setting forth unto you
My signs, and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?"
They will say: "We bear witness against ourselves." It was the
life of this world that deceived them. So against themselves will
they bear witness that they rejected Faith.
to be continue surah 6............