Vacation Spots - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vacation Spots

donno if there is a 15 seater, but it would be difficult to drive such a long vandi, especially gotto use the side mirrors more for those kinda vehicles
    NS,
    we always rent 15 seater ....its more convenient than having 2 minivans....

Thanks pattams.. neenga CALkku soneengala illai for TN?

thats a good idea i nenver knew univs could do that...
    Shy they usually do...but it shud be their vacation time too ....Try calling the University & ask them if they rent for holidays....rombha nalla irukum coz they have living room,kitchen,2 full washroom & 3 bedrooms ...Simonfraser university in vancouver has that facility & kelowna University has than privledge too....apdi illaina book a ranch or challet ...it cud be 10 mins drive frm the city but rombha nalla irukum specially if its in the mountains ...morn u can wake up & brush ur teeth outside like in India looking @ the mountains

how about Indiana dunes... calm nice and very inexpensive. If you like wine then there are lots of vineyards and even if you dont drink, they are excellent just for a visit. Should definitely camp there... But am not sure how the weather/temp would be for thanks giving.

Smokey is excellent... it shouldnt be too cold at this time too..

Appalachian mountains are wonderful for anything from skiing trecking, hunting, rock climbing or just plain camping... catskill state park is right in NY...

enjoy...
    மின்னல் பாதி தென்றல் பாதி மங்கை ஆனது

we always rent 15 seater Very Happy....its more convenient than having 2 minivans....
    pattams, there is one advantage and one disadvantage. advantage is it would be more fun in a 15 seater. disadvantage will be to drive it. other than an RV, is there really a 15 seater. How many does a Chevy Astro/Safari carry but anyways there are only 8 people at last. A Dodge Durango, Dodge Caravan would be comfortable enough for that :D.
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

Decided to drive to smoky mountains

We are around 8 (4 couples) so thinking of renting a 10 seater as pattams suggested... gatinsburg seems to be 11 hr drive.. since we are many people.. will make sure each doesnt drive more than 2-3 hrs :P

cabins and chalet thaan parthutu irukoom.. seems to be all booked we are still looking... awesomea irukku paarka... for people who might plan in future http://www.gatlinburg.com/places-to-...ets+%26+Cabins

angae just sample 4 bedroom cabin chose panina.. u get loads of stuff and more important is the hot tub ..which is just right for this weather..

but hopefully we get one.. ellamae thanksgivingkku booked pola irukku

Silican..kalakunga... chinese ponnunga kooda orae kummalamnu sollunga.. acho me escape...

Coolian.. poi thaanae?

Shy
    I Geetham

akkaa naannuum varrein

but hopefully we get one.. ellamae thanksgivingkku booked pola irukku
    Kavalai padaathInga shy... Gatlinburg is the prominent location... surely most of the places should be booked...

but there are other places closeby like Townsend and Pigeon Forge that are really scenic (infact the drive from Gatlinburg to Townsed is really nice)and closeby to Smokey where you can find cabins try those places too...

And there are two ways to reach Smokeys one is via 441 and the other through 321 go through 321 (if it is open... usually closed if foggy or rainy)... take 321... it is a excellent route....
    மின்னல் பாதி தென்றல் பாதி மங்கை ஆனது

Shy,

How about the weather in smokey mountains? We are planning for christmas. If it is going to be too told then there's no point in visiting. Let me know.

Little cold.. Some areas are usually blocked off.. But most places you can drive through..

Gets dark easily by 4.30 or so.. So make sure that you are close to some city (and the tank is full !!) when you are close to sun set..

Blueridge parkway is probably one of the most beautiful drives in US.... Let me restate it, not probably, but definitely.. :P

I have driven through in summer, during christmas, fall break, spring break.. each time, it is special and breathtaking.. :P :P

One of the things I misssss the most in the east..

Enjoy pannunga, Doc.. :P Its definitely a great place to go for Christmas.. :P

(Stay at Gatlinburg or Asheville, TN.. :P Appaadi.. rombaa azhagaana oorunga rendume.. bit touristy, but then suits the festival time.. :P vittutu pogavE manasu varaathu.. also visit the Biltmore Castle/estates.. so niceeeeeee... :P :P)..

gosh.. I too want to go now..

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

First time Gatlinburg poyirunthappO, opposite to my hotel was one huge billboard for a toll-free number.. can ya guess? :P

1-800-wed-ring

complete services.. :P All you need to do is show up with the girl. :P :P (And pay ofcourse.. )

Apparently a pretty decent place to get married.. :P :P

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Victorji used to tell that the Pancakes at Gatlinburg are quite famous. But I never got a chance to try them. Give it a shot
    Idhellam kandukkura padadhu Yenna Idhu Vaalipppa vayasu!
    சிலிக்கன்

Would it be worth going to the Niagara Falls during Thanksgiving? I know Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds or whatever they're called are already closed. :-( But I've never been there, and I really, really want to go - unless there'll be nothing to see or do at this time in Niagara Falls...
    Over and out.

If you know both the attractions are closed for sure, no point attacking Niagara. If you are going to Niagara 79 North -> 90 North, make sure you fill up gas and refresh before catching I-90. That whole 120-130 mile stretch has just one rest area with a gas station , thats one of the boring stretches you would've seen in all NE.

Ok but would I be close enough to get sprayed by the mist at least? Or would I only be able to see the falls from a mile away, which would really suck? Thing is, I'll be driving from NYC to Chicago anyway, so I thought going to Chicago via Niagara Falls wouldn't be that bad of an idea...
    Over and out.

Cave of the Winds, Maid of the Mist rendume closed'na. nope, you don't get sprayed by the mist, you can see the falls at proximity though. But it won't be worth driving 400 extra miles just to bird watch the falls.

Ok, you just destroyed my dreams.

Bye, bye, Niagara...
    Over and out.

but anyways there are only 8 people at last. A Dodge Durango, Dodge Caravan would be comfortable enough for that .

We are around 8 (4 couples) so thinking of renting a 10 seater as pattams suggested...
    10 seater?....usuala it comes as 7,8,12 & 15 Shy

First time Gatlinburg poyirunthappO, opposite to my hotel was one huge billboard for a toll-free number.. can ya guess?

1-800-wed-ring

complete services.. All you need to do is show up with the girl. (And pay ofcourse.. )

Apparently a pretty decent place to get married..

Is that so

Quote Originally Posted by coolian
    Oooh! We'll be going all over the east coast! DC, Philly, NYC, Boston, Niagara Falls, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, DC.

Anyone wants to join us? ;-)
    cools,if you have planned to visit all these place....better carry your thermal wear,heavy jackets,and other winter clothing....it is very cold here and sometime windy,foggy,,,sometime the weather drops to 30's......
    Though you are a past Dream,I'm still wandering in that Dream....

enterprise ivar vijarichapoo, they said its a 10 seater.. yethum in detail naan kekalai.. ketu solren pattams.. may be neenga solra mathiri irukalaam.. ivar it can accomodate us'nu enkita soli irupaaroo enavoo.. naan ketu solren

Shy
    I Geetham

Shy-

If you are renting a 10 seater car I think it will be bit difficult to reach the top of the smokys with that. We faced problem with the normal car. Usually people take a 2 seater bike to reach the top. If u r plng to go to the top then you get those kind of bikes and you can go there. Fall season le rombe nalla erukum parke.

Also check this website:
    http://www.nps.gov/grsm/

It says:
    Several roads in the park are currently closed. For updated road and weather information, call (865) 436-1200.

Hve a nice trip and happy thanksgiving!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us
    are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Hi Sruti..

Welcome to Geetham

Hope you enjoy your stay here with us

thanks for the info ma.. yeah its just for driving from my place to gatlinburg.. There we will get bikes or something to go to the smokey's as you suggested

Shy
    I Geetham

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast