illa official tripaaaaaaaaaaaa..

oru periya listae thayar aguthu..
    தீயினால் சுட்ட புண் உள்ளாறும் ஆறாதே நாவினால் சுட்ட வடு - திருவள்ளுவ ர்

thanksgiving varuthe athaan

neenga engayum polaiyaa...

Sruti.. mm....hawaii.. supera thaan irukkum..but budget idikuthu

Shy
    I Geetham

naan ippo thaan friends kooda trip adichuttu vanthaen..

so for near future no trip aborad.. but no strict plans.. anything can happen any time.

intha thadava enna place poreenga shy..
    தீயினால் சுட்ட புண் உள்ளாறும் ஆறாதே நாவினால் சுட்ட வடு - திருவள்ளுவ ர்

smoky mountains, tennesee

Shy
    I Geetham

8. Georgia
    8th place vara level'la andha state'la onnum illaye
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

I believe that's sruti's list, ns. How is Washington 20 and Oregon not even on the list?
    Over and out.

I believe that's sruti's list
    ho appadiya
    ~~~~~~
    cools have'nt toured the east coast much DC pakkathula irundhuttu Niagara, Pitts kovil'e innum paakale'nu sonniye. adhaan ketten.
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

DC pakkathula irundhuttu Niagara, Pitts kovil'e innum paakale'nu sonniye.
    Nopes. Been enough times up and down the east coast and chicago, but haven't REALLY gone "inside" if you know what I mean.
    Over and out.

SUMMER IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, intha long weekend.. yaar ellam enna plan panni irukeengo...

nothing much.. delware water gap poi again oru visit panittu varalaamnu yosichu irukoom...

one day camp and rafting..

Shy
    I Geetham

Shy...camping pooreengala...have fun....
    campingna food eppadi????anga poi cook panna poreengala.....campingku enna enna eduthuttu poveenga....:p

yaso

Yaso...

It depends pa.. if you had rented cabins, then ellame irukkum no need to worry. just some extra comforters yeduthutu pogalaam... illain you can book a ground and have you own tent... ground la electric outlets irukkum.. so

(1) you can cook rice... naanga usually pack puliyotharai mix or vathal kulambhu or whatever u can do.. then rice appo sudda vachukalaam..
    (2) roti rolls senchutu pogalaam..

Campfire la non-veg na can do chicken or whatever u like..
    we usually do corn

since its like you all the facilities (appadi kitchen mathiri illainaalum) u can easily cook anything..

Shy
    I Geetham

u can easily cook anything..

Shy
    கேம்பிங் போன இடத்தில அரைச்சு விட்ட சாம்பார் எப்படி பண்ணூறது?

illai chumma therinchukalaamnnu..

just grill.. ithai vida vEra enna vENum.. sausages, chicken, steak, pork tenderloins... sorgam.. :D even better if you go fishing camp... fish, filet, grill, munch munch munch.. :D

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

after long time.. looking fwd to this weekend.. :D .. gonna be yummyyyyyy
    azhagu kutty chellam unnai aLLi thookum pOdhu, un pinju viralgaL mOdhi naan nenjam udaindhu pOnaen

Quote Originally Posted by vasan View Post
    கேம்பிங் போன இடத்தில அரைச்சு விட்ட சாம்பார் எப்படி பண்ணூறது?

illai chumma therinchukalaamnnu..

just grill.. ithai vida vEra enna vENum.. sausages, chicken, steak, pork tenderloins... sorgam.. :D even better if you go fishing camp... fish, filet, grill, munch munch munch.. :D

v-
    ada paavi.. oru veg item soneengala

Shy
    I Geetham

(1) Lake George and Lake Placid, NY:

Very nice place. Lots of activities and Georgetown is so full of fun. for both adults and kids.

(2) Camping near hudson River:

Complete wilderness. Awesome place if you are very adventurous. there are lots of camping grounds, both public (NYV Dept) or Privately owned. I guess private ones are good, since they are deep into the woods.

(3) Rafting:

There are lots and lots of rafting place around this area.

There are 5 rivers and depending upon the comfort zone you have, can choose. We went in Hudson and Black river. Its class III and IV. Was great!!! Chances are that atleast once your raft will topple .
    If you have kids or scared of water can choose the sacandaga or ausable river. You would have whitewater at some areas, but no toppling.
    For more info check:
    http://www.hudsonriverrafting.com/
    These people provide free camping too.

(4) adirondack state park:

Awesome place to visit. Has loads of waterfalls. We had only one and a half day for this place. So visited just 3-4 waterfalls, did biking. But you have
    lots of activities to do.

(5) Caves:

On the way back, we had like 4 hrs, heard that the second largest cave in the northeast was nearby(an hrs drive from the state park). Howe Caverns.[http://www.howecaverns.com]. The drive to this place is lovely. I-88. Atleast once you guys shud visit this area. I love the drive.

The founder Howe, once while digging his backyard, saw a hole with a gush of fresh air coming out itseems. This was in 1842 He then digged with a help of his friend neighbour and found an amazing cave. After all the work, he opened the cave in 1843 for the public. Fee is 50 cents, in those days half of a days salary it seems. But eventually he sold the property to sagendorf, who closed it for business for cement. Because of this business, they blasted the cave and thus destroyed 300 feet of the cave. Again in 1929, they reopened just for public and from then on its all fun

The adventure begins with an elevator ride 156 feet below the earth’s surface into this unique subterranean world. With an ever-constant temperature of 52o F, visitors venture on an 80-minute guided tour.
    The feel, the flow and the force of The River Styx continues to unfold with today’s cavern adventure including the world-
    famous boat ride on the underground Lake of Venus.
    The Winding Way is considered among the best examples of underground water erosion in the world and visitors journey about 560 feet through its series of more than 30 curves and corners.

I love nature. the stone formations, The crystal clear water and its transparency amazes me. the winding way is so cool... we had fun hiding and scaring others..

More than 50 marriages had taken place in this cave too

More info: http://www.howecaverns.com/about_howe/pr_history.php

Shy

Last edited by Shy; 05-29-2007 at 02:16 PM.
    I Geetham

Machu Picchu

Wanted to go here once..

My colleagues told me about this place last month or so. They did the trail for 3-4 days or so.. Naan kandukalai.. but saw that today in the shortlist for new 7 wonders of the world.. poi padicha, seems to be an interesting place..

Those interested:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machu_Picchu
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca_ro...o_Machu_Picchu

Shy
    I Geetham

Hello West coast makkale..

Planning to make a trip down there

Have 9 days .. eppadi plan panalaam nu help panina romba helpfula irukkum

Wanted to see LA, Grand Canyon and if possible Las Vegas.

I mean like.

(1) How to plan to reach there.. is LA nearby or Las Vegas or fly to Phoenix?

(2) How long shud we spend on each location.

(3) What the best places to see in these areas.. example.. in Grand canyon, which side is the best, south, west or north??

(4) What abt stay? is it just hotels.. or is there are cabins for Grand Canyon? No camping thou

Shy
    I Geetham

Hello West coast makkale..

Planning to make a trip down there
    Welcome to Los Angeles, the finest place on earth.. (play the hotel california song as background music.. :p )

Good that you have 9 days, Shy.. It will be just alright..

Apart from nature sites, would you also like to see theme park sorta things ?

Wanted to see LA, Grand Canyon and if possible Las Vegas. I mean like.

(1) How to plan to reach there.. is LA nearby or Las Vegas or fly to Phoenix?
    LA is about 4 hours west of Vegas. From Vegas, the southern rim of the Canyon is about 4 hours. As the crow flies, it is short, but the road goes a bit south and curves around to goto Grand canyon.. If you travel straight from LA to the Grand Canyon, you will be there in 6 or so hours..

Some things/places to visit:

LA, Hollywood, San Diego and neighbourhood, Las Vegas (city stuff)
    Yosemite, Sequia, Death Valley, Grand Canyon (nature)
    Universal Studios, Disney land, Long Beach, Sea World, etc (touristy themeparks)
    Getty village & center, LACMA, WaltDisney Music Hall (museums)..
    USC, UCLA, CalTech, Pepperdine.. (I visited some of these... when I came here first time.. )..

LA beaches - from LA to San Diego are a must see.. Very lovely..

(2) How long shud we spend on each location.
    Depends on what kind of things you want to do. Grand canyon if you don't plan to hike, you could do it in one day. But the rest of the tour is upto you..

(3) What the best places to see in these areas.. example.. in Grand canyon, which side is the best, south, west or north??
    Southern rim. If you like you should also visit the Sequias, and Yosemite. Death valley is nice, but might be very hot..

(4) What abt stay? is it just hotels.. or is there are cabins for Grand Canyon? No camping thou
    Grand canyon village has plenty of hotels. On the park itself there is a hotel run by the park people, but that is a tad expensive and always booked..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some easy tour..

LA two days: one day at Universal city and Hollywood, one day rest of the places, and evening at the beach.
    San Diego two days: Drive along PCH, take your time on all the beaches around.. and one day at the SeaWorld and city itself..
    back to LA..
    Drive up north to yosemite. On the way you can visit the sequias. Stay at Yosemite for a day/night.. Place is truly a treasure.
    Vegas. Stay over. Spend the night (not the day.. day will be very hot.. and not much interesting.. ).. Vegas is a night city. Stay in a hotel and just go in and out of all the places along the strip.
    Drive to Grand Canyon (via Hudson dam)..
    Stay at the village. Wake up early, catch the sun rise.. and drive up and down to see all the beauty of the canyon.. You can even take a chopper tour.. or go rafting on Colorado..
    Back to LA

Timing might be bit hard.. but see the things that you like best.. you can skip San Diego, but one of your sisters will come with sticks and stones at me..

Enjoy, teacher.. Feel free to ask as many questions..

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Here is kutti map..

v-
    Short Measures

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast