"Faith" Short Story Contest - Winners - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Faith" Short Story Contest - Winners

Congratulations to Che ,anainar ,san ,valluvar

Suha & katteri,
    Thanks for participating & giving hard time for the Judges to Judge

Blues For Planning & organising

Havent read the stories...will read , come & post my comments for the Judges

post my comments for the Judges

Hellooooo.. kathai ezhuthavangalluku usefulaa comment podungammannu Blue kenjuraanga.. neeenga ennadaanna yaar thalaiyilaavathu poosankka udaikkalamannu irukkenga..

Thanks.. :P :P

~~~~~~

Bleukutti...

You shoulda let the judges be anonymous.. For our own saftey I mean.. :P :P

Chummaa kidding folks.. :P No worries..

Great job, Bleu..

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Very nice stories........congrats winners
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

The english entries:

I started reading "The little girl who could." with anticipation. The description of her hair as cruel was both striking and extremely unusual to me, as I carried on reading the story began to develop a rather uncanny ressemblence to "mathilda" . Later I was extremely disappointed to have found out that the real author of this story is a certain Sharon Mason Palmer and can be found on this link: http://www.authorsden.com/visit/view...=4560&id=13038
    what can I say.................. nothing much appart from being disappointed...

The transparent story, was perplexing to me. I like words, this had none. I didn't know what to make of it. I suppose like the blank canvasses it tries to tell us that faith and transparency can be a heady mixture, but this is all conjunctural....too puzzling for me

Sally's story of faith and dedication ws lovely. a great start. I feel though that the author could have elaborated and given far more depth to sally's character. It's a great story which just needs a little more time to develop it further. It's almost the story of everyone of us. It's about wanting something badly enough and having enough courage and beliefe in god or oneself to achieve it. I hope that the author will not take anything I say negatively, I woudl realy like to explore this one in more depth....

The story of Ramachandran was gripping. I must admit that at first I was little bored with all the trivial details of Sivaramans's life, but as the author takes us along the long meandering tracks of the railways, the story develops and become far more interesting. Sometimes humans need faith to continue living, was the message that I extracted from it. Caste is a subject which has been often braoched, but I liked the fact that the son chose the alternative path to it all, I thought it was a great touch. The characters had depth, and the plot was engrossing. great story.

Am afraid that I'll post my thoughts on the tamil entries later, I'm still reading those.

blue.
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Kutzzz... Only original writings..

Neeyaa ezhuthinaa kathai mattum thaan podanum.. Ok? thanks, sweetie.. :D

thaathaa..

ps: Thank you, Blue. My apologies too..
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

nee enna solra ennaku onumm puriyavillai
    Sila vishayangal puriyaama irukkurathu thaan nallathu
    Friends give ur info to the neww pattimandram topic.thank u

wht you mean tahtah and bluelotus??

naan eppavadhu naan eludhunna story and poem sonainana... i do only for fun thats all.....

thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~

Kutz and Blue..

I edited it.. sorry.. See your pm, okvaa? Thanks sweeties..

Vasan

hey suha...... come and share ur comments over here...i know suha is a gud grl and she will participate in the forum well...she will try to win scorpion....lets wait nd see
    Friends give ur info to the neww pattimandram topic.thank u

Good ones and congrats to Anainar, San2003, Katteri and Che

Thanks Blue, T-, V-, NS :P

அட, நம்ம கதைக்கு பரிசா?? ரொம்ப தாங்ஸுங்கோ எல்லோருக்க ும். :D :D :D Glad to know that you guys enjoyed the story.

Sometimes humans need faith to continue living, was the message that I extracted from it.
    That exactly is the message of the story Blue. True, rationality drives most part of our lives but that does not invade the space for faith.

Anainaar borrowed, Siva's name, huh
    The first name the stuck me when I was thinking of a name was Sivaraman. I dont know why and may be I just saw a post by Sivaraman. And that name suits the southern part of Tamilnadu pretty well. :D :D :D.

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to the participants !! :D
    GOOD JOB ..BLUE CANDY
    hope to see more !!

-sWEEtmICHe

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelotus
    Sally's story of faith and dedication ws lovely. a great start. I feel though that the author could have elaborated and given far more depth to sally's character. It's a great story which just needs a little more time to develop it further. It's almost the story of everyone of us. It's about wanting something badly enough and having enough courage and beliefe in god or oneself to achieve it. I hope that the author will not take anything I say negatively, I woudl realy like to explore this one in more depth....
    blue.
    i jus saw this post... missed all the comments thanx bluey for the comment... even i felt the same myself well... sori bout it i had no time to make it in detail n more info on anythin... i think i took like 5-10 min to jus come up with the story n write it.. b4 the closing date.. so was very much last minute ... haha... was funny reading it again

suha's story was nice... ippo thaan teriyathu.. nee yengarantho sututaiya

anainar great story mate very precise n clear
    I'M BACK!

sanjannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn not again

me roberyyyyy adhu thaan me going to haj

Thanks for bumping the thread people, one question for che though I did'nt quite understand these quotes, konjam explain pleech sorry enakku avvalavu pulamai illa

வானிடை வாழும் அவ் வானவர்க்கு
    மறையவர் வேள்வியில் வகுத்த அவி
    கானிடைத் தரிவது ஓர் நரி புகுந்து
    கடப்பதும் மோப்பதும் செய்வதும் ஒப்ப,
    ஊனிடை ஆழி சங்கு உத்தமர்க் என்று
    உன்னித்து எழுந்த என தடமுலைகள்
    மானிடர்க் கென்று பேச்சுப் படில்
    வாழகில்லேன ் கண்டாய் மன்மதனே
    உள்ளே உருகி நைவேனை
    உள்ளோ இலளோ என்னாத
    கொள்ளை கொள்ளஇக் குறும்பனை
    கோவர்த்தனன ைக் கண்டக்கால்
    கொள்ளும்பய ன் ஒன்றில்லாத
    கொங்கை தன்னைக் கிழங்கோடும ்
    அள்ளஇப் பறித்திட்ட ு அவன் மார்பில்
    எறிந்தேன் அழலை நீர்வேனே
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

First One

[தேவர்களுக் காக அந்தணர்கள் யாகங்களில் சேர்த்த உணவை காட்டில் திரியும் நரி புகுந்து மோப்பம் பிடிப்பது போல, உடலைப் பிளக்கும் சக்கரமும் சங்கமும் தாங்கிய திருமாலுக் கென்று ஏற்ப்பட்ட என் மார்பகங்கள ் மனிதர்களுக ்காக என்கிற வார்த்தை காதில் பட்டாலே என்னால் வாழ முடியாது]

Second One

[நான் உள்ளுக்குள ் உருகி வேதனைப் படுகிறேன்; இருக்கிறேன ா, செத்தேனா, தெரியவில்ல ை. அக் கோவர்தனைப் பார்த்தால் எந்தப் பயனும் இல்லாத இந்த என் மார்பகங்கள ை அடியோடு (கிழங்கோடு ்) அள்ளிப் பறித்து அவர் மார்பில் வீசி என் உஷ்ணத்தைத் (அழலை) தீர்வேன்.]

Congrats to Winners.....

will read them all later on........
    azhagu kutty chellam unnai aLLi thookum pOdhu, un pinju viralgaL mOdhi naan nenjam udaindhu pOnaen

will read them all later on
    Sure. Wait one more week. You can read it during the first year anniversary of the thread..

v-
    Short Measures

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12