HELP .... Oragami
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP .... Oragami

Default HELP .... Oragami

does anyone know how to make a really good paper plane and a paper rose ... can u pls pls make the instructions very easy thnk you ...
    trees have feelings too!!!

enakkum venam... nothing else to do @ colelge... please post instructions if anyone knw...
    I Will Be Back!!!

i don't think anyone knows! .... oh the shame!!!

chinna vayasulae senchathu.. may be will ask my kutti friends and tell u

give us some time. ivalo kashtamana projectla potutu seekaram result ketta eppadi.
    தீயினால் சுட்ட புண் உள்ளாறும் ஆறாதே நாவினால் சுட்ட வடு - திருவள்ளுவ ர்

I think there was a thread by shiam_sharan ... I will try to search and link it ...

Oopsssss.. I am sorry it was for crochet ...

http://www.geetham.net/forums/htopic,17452,.html
    Well-timed silence has more eloquence than speech....

Quote Originally Posted by tinker
    Oopsssss.. I am sorry it was for crochet ...
    yes kids ...start crocheting instead

I can make a few ....but they all dive ...they never fly :?
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

I used to make them.. but I am not sure if thats what you are looking for..

also its sorta hard to explain in words.. far easier to demonstrate..

give me some time.. please..

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Hi,
    See if this helps

Shiam

The Deltry Paper Airplane

The Deltry paperairplane is easy to fly, and very easy to make. It flies slowly, and very smoothly and gently. And it holds together nicely. It's a good bet to become the standard paper airplane people make, because it's easy and the results are amazingly good.

Because this is the simplest plane here, and the first, pardon us for explaining how to create it quite slowly and carefully, so that everyone can follow along, in twelve very simple steps.

1. Take an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet of paper, and crease it along the middle, by folding it in half lengthwise along the dashed "valley fold" line shown and unfold again.

2. After this point, the result of one folding operation will be shown together with the next folding instructions.

3. Now fold down the top corners inward to the center crease along the dashed "valley folds" shown, making two new right-angle triangles visible in illustration 4.

4. Fold the large top triangle (made up of the two small triangles you just created in step 3), over and down.

5. Fold the lower part of the tip of the large triangle up again. But note - not quite all the way up to the top.

6. Leave about 3/8ths of an inch of space from the top. This will help the flaps to lock under tightly and keep the airplane together when it's done.

shiam kalakiteeeeeeeeeeenga..

wow thanx you got diagrams too but but its not complete.....

Sorry...
    Here is the rest of it..
    Shiam

7. Fold and unfold two top triangles, much as you did in step 3, where the dashed valley folds are shown. Just as in step 3, the inner edges of the new triangles should line up with the center line of the plane you are making. That is to say, don't try to fold right up against the tip you folded up in step 5, since that tip is supposed to be a bit lower.

8. Now bisect the new folds you made, using the previous creases you just made in step 7 as a guide. Fold and then unfold along the two dashed lines, leaving you back where you started, having created two new upper creases.

9. Now you can fold the two large right angle triangles down again, repeating the first part of step 7. For the moment, ignore the two new creases you just created in step 8.

10. Fold along the two dotted-and-dashed "mountain folds", tucking the lower triangles well underneath, snugly locking them in place. (These two triangles of paper go under the tip you folded up in step 5.) The next diagram, Diagram 11, actually shows this being done. You've almost made a paper airplane.

11. The tucking operation shown in progress. Tuck it way under so that everything holds together.

12. Now you have to make a few partial folds and the airplane is complete. Be sure to distinguish the dashed "valley folds" (that create a valley) from the dashed-and-dotted "mountain folds" that create slight hills. Take a peek ahead at illustrations 13 and 14 to see the paper airplane you are trying to create, if you like.

13. The Deltry aircraft in flight - remember that it's a very slow flyer, much slower (and more graceful) than most paper airplanes. Don't throw it, just release it while your hand is moving forward slowly. One good grip is shown below in diagram 15.

14. Front view.

15. This isn't the only way to grip the Deltry paper airplane in order to launch it, but it's the easiest way. Gently now! This plane soars at a leisurely pace, it doesn't speed anywhere. It flies best if you don't throw it, so much as release it as your hand moves forward a little. You may want to point it's nose just a little downwards as you launch it.

wow....nice shiam....

yaso

eksellent.
    I Will Be Back!!!

Wow........

Excellent Shiam
    Pookal pookum tharunam aadhavane parthatharum illaye..
    Pularum kaalai pozhuthai muzhumathiyum pirinthu povathillaye..

thanks shiam ...now guess what I'm going to be experimenting with
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

nice demo shiam...

cindy, it will be useful for u
    First Deserve Then Desire

lasik, y to cindy

Quote Originally Posted by iig
    lasik, y to cindy
    guess lasik got confused.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lasik
    cindy, it will be useful for u
    En paer adipaadrathu..........Enakku appidi enna special'a useful'aa irukkum.... :D
    Pookal pookum tharunam aadhavane parthatharum illaye..
    Pularum kaalai pozhuthai muzhumathiyum pirinthu povathillaye..

thanks a lot for that!!! wow!!! its just like coming out of an intensive course!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast