Should Mohd Afzal be pardoned?

View Poll Results: Should Mohd Afzal be pardoned?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • no

4 100.00%
Closed Thread

Thread: Should Mohd Afzal be pardoned?

Red face Should Mohd Afzal be pardoned?

Mohammed Afzal Guru has been sentenced to death for his role in the attack on Parliament on December 13, 2001. His execution is scheduled to take place on October 20.

More news here:

http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/oct/02msg.htm
    I am back.........

Arundathi roy and some congress party member are seeking clemency for him...

While BJP is seeking death sentence.....

If he has committed mistake, he deserves to die....
    I am back.........

He committed the crime.. But no to death sentence.

Probably the only thing Arundhati and I agree on..

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

No death sentence for any reason whatsoever. Life sentence definitely and life should most definitely mean life.
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

Do you guys agree on the statements by Arundati that the evidence is not enough and the court did not give him fair trial? That is all bullshit. I can understand opposition to capital punishment, but for that do not throw mud on the efforts by prosecution to prove that he masterminded the killing, which is what Arundathi did to my outrage. Dhananjay was hung recently. And where was Arundathi Roy at that time? She is the one who knows when to poke nose to get maximum publicity, like most of the Communists do.

I still dont believe that people fight against capital punishement even in such proven cases of terrorism and killing of innocents. What about the rights of those innocents? All the hoopla about death to death being not equal to another death aside, how will the message be delivered that the effect of such acts is nothing but death? He has to be hanged. Now that there is so much noise about him, we should make his life meaningless. That is the only way to treat these guys.

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Well said Anainar,

Is killing of innocent people is not a crime against humanity.....

He deserves a better punishment than death sentence....some kind of tortured death.......
    I am back.........

Anainar.. atlast we both are in the same boat

Death sentence is the only answer

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by anainar View Post
    All the hoopla about death to death being not equal to another death aside, how will the message be delivered that the effect of such acts is nothing but death? He has to be hanged. Now that there is so much noise about him, we should make his life meaningless. That is the only way to treat these guys.

Cheers
    What is the difference between this message and the so called terrorists??

Aren't they claiming that death of people is the only way to deliver message??

Isn't our complain about terrorists the same as the statements made here - that the life is treated meaningless by those guys?? They treat our lives meaningless, and we treat their meaningless.. all in all, every one treats every other persons life meaningless.

Death penalty is different only because it is state sponsored killing. But heck if the terrorist does not believe in your 'govt', it is terrorism for them..

Killing - no matter what the motive is - plain wrong. And conveys no credible or useful meaning. When we treat one life as meaningless - what we really do is we treat rest of our beliefs as meaningless too.

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

NO to clemency .... no second thought .......
    to death sentence .......!!

Most of such ppl dont value Life...so wats the point of Death sentence?..

Quote Originally Posted by vasan View Post
    What is the difference between this message and the so called terrorists??

Aren't they claiming that death of people is the only way to deliver message??
    We dont hunt for some innocent people, environment and make sure atleast few deaths happens do we? Terrorists do that. They monitor and select a good spot and just kill innocent people without any warning or chance. So how can you compare???

On the contrary we actually give him a state appointed defense attorney and give him a chance to defend himself even when the whole world including himself knew that he killed all those people. This is not an eye wash,end of the day, there are chances for either side to win in front of the law. Appuram vera enna venum for this heartless people?

Killing - no matter what the motive is - plain wrong. And conveys no credible or useful meaning. When we treat one life as meaningless - what we really do is we treat rest of our beliefs as meaningless too.
    No govt is hunting to kill any individual, but at the same time, people like these are not required for the society, they are just nuisance to it.

Today was reading an in CNN, a rape victim in Africa, ange evaloo prove paninaalum they couldnt do anything.. victims age range is from 2 to 63. enge poi ithai solrathu. And the rape is not just the "forget the past one", its gang rape, severe physical problems and all that nonsense. So in such situations, the victims life is gone, so you want to preach to that guy when you catch him or want to kill and set an example to the society that next time you see a lady dont harm her or your life is on line?

Shy
    I Geetham

people like these are not required for the society, they are just nuisance to it.
    Sorta what the English dudes thought about Baght Singh?? That they are not required for the society??

Who else is not required?? Last time I checked, I didn't contribute much to the society, and some how I don't see how I am required.. You guys gonna kill me now? :P

~~~~~~~~~~

The logic is pretty straightforward.. Some one does some act so as to grab every ones attention (at least in this particular case). And we (arguably on the good side, because the law says so, and a law that the other guy does not agree on), kill him publicly.. making a spectacle of him.

One wants to convey a message of whatever grievance he has.. We want to convey that we have a grievance against such things and him..

Both end killing the others..

No difference. Both are equally wrong.

v-
    Short Measures

This is too late for him…. After 13 years the judgment was announced. See…. from 1993 to 2006 how many bomb blast happened in India? How many people were killed? It is pity, in country like India. If it happens in Arab countries, immediate death sentence in public will be given. Still we are talking about Ahimisha, Gandhi, and peace etc., no meaning in it. This is not 1947, it is 2006.The punishment for these kinds of crime should be more. He must be punished.

paul

Closed Thread