Interview with Vivek
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interview with Vivek

Default Interview with Vivek

Interview with Vivek

Vivek - king of comedy

Vivek is the most successful comedian in Kollywood now. Why? He is the one who is laughing all the way to the bank.

Vivek's rising stock in the industry and among the masses can be gauged by the fact that he is the first comedian to become a brand ambassador for a soft drink.

But Vivek's is no irreverent black humour kind; it is, on the other hand, sensitive and sympathetic. At one level, it also makes you think.

That is his speciality: Making the heart laugh, while making the mind think.

Q: How did you make it here?

Vivek: I was fortunate to be introduced a decade ago by director K Balachander in 'Manathil Urudhi Vendum'. I had to struggle and work hard to reach this level. I should thank my fans who encouraged me and my directors who had faith in me and gave me a variety of roles to excel.

Q: What are your forthcoming films, and do you have any special ideas for them?

Vivek: I want to create social awareness through my comedy and that should be seen in my forthcoming films which include - 'Kaadhal Kisu Kisu', 'Visil', 'Parthiban Kanavu', 'Boyz', 'Ennaku 20 - Unnaku 18' and 'Samy'. I am striving to create awareness among the masses through my comedy on social evils. I am not an atheist. I believe in the almighty, but I oppose things which fool people in the name of God.

Q: What are your future plans?

Vivek: I have been greatly influenced by the writings of President A P J Abdul Kalam. I have met him twice and from then on have decided to carry his messages to the masses through my films. My forthcoming films would have advice for kids and youngsters in a humorous sort of way. I hope my comedy, in my forthcoming movies, would create an awareness what movies like 'Thaneer Thaneer' or 'Arangettram' had earlier created.

Q: Can you elaborate on the educational trust you have created?

Vivek: Every person has a social responsibility. Keeping that in mind, I have started an education trust in my mother's name. I not only provide assistance for education to poor children, but also provide medical and financial assistance to the poor and needy.

Q: On being chosen as brand ambassador for Mirinda...

Vivek: I am happy to have been chosen as Mirinda's brand ambassador and the money that I make from it would be utilised for my trust. It's a great honour that a comedian has been chosen for the first time, in the Indian film history, as a brand ambassador for a popular drink.

Q: On whom have you modelled yourself?

Vivek: I am a great fan of veteran artistes N S Krishnan and M R Radha. They had great social awareness and were never afraid to raise their voices against vices in society. Comedy was never a scarcity in Kollywood. Comedians of great calibre had emerged from this land

Default copied

these stuffs were taken from my website htttp://in.geocities.com/sivaram1987

check there for all reviews,previews,interviews.

the webmaster as not given me the credit of these stuffs.

+ Reply to Thread