Recipe Writers FAQ
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recipe Writers FAQ

Default Recipe Writers FAQ

Hi Everyone-

Happy to see lot of postings. I encourage everyone to partcipate.

I didn't start my guideline for this reason only, like what happened today, so that I can weigh people contribution.

Based on that below are my requests to mainatain integrity of this heading.

1. Don't post more than 5 recipe / day and Please post it in random time so that it will allow me to verify the recipe and give a green signal. Please post valid and legible recipes, we are commited for others happiness when it comes to cooking.

1a.) Try to bring Tamizh and English recipes so that everyone will enjoy.

2. I'm doing the verification as volunteer step which is different from other forum and please respect that, if I see some one adding those green signals i have no tolerance and I will delete the topic without notice. Please note I have a habit of noting down what i've done and what I have to do.

3. If you see an existing recipe Topic please put your recipe under the reply mode and I will verify and copy the content to the First post as a second, third etc.. methods. (one such example is the Garlic pickle), so your post is not deleted and you still get good statistics ok.

4. I would love to make a difference than any other forum in this, so please give me advices as and whenever you can.

5. I'm going to open another topic for recipe Request in the sticky section, please request your recipes there and get the recipe postings to be done from there also.

6. Do not write a recipe if you are not sure about what you are writing and delete it without notifying when we await for comments.

Enjoy the stay and keep the creativity intact.

Get the List of Request for recipes at :

http://www.geetham.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2196

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bala; 04-03-2008 at 05:29 PM.

just our of curiosity and to comment...

how do you propose to verify a recipe? I know i have been cooking some stuff - for which the recipes on the net give some really silly and completely wrong outlines. Also, there are different recipes for the same dish from every person. if you plan to cook each recipe and then check, would you like some one to taste them for you... ... hee hee...

There are also several different ways to cook some common dishes - even stuff like saambar, chicken and such. SO you should also allow some different versions - people can choose whichever they find it attractive... But some of the recipes I saw today are obviously phonies, because they are the common food couched in new fangled names... old wine in new bottle kinda stuff... You might want to take them out...

any ways, this will add a lot of work to you, sri... take care...

as always, we admire your work and efforts to bring in good stuff...
    clap, clap...
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

I get your point vasan.

The verfication i do is the basic stuff to the level I can think of, it may or may not be good thats why i requested in the readers section to comment.

Regarding multiple recipes, I know its a lot of work, but lets try something really different from others.

Quote Originally Posted by sri_gan
    I see some one adding those green signals i have no tolerance and I will delete the topic without notice. Please note I have a habit of noting down what i've done and what I have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by vasan
    how do you propose to verify a recipe? I know i have been cooking some stuff - for which the recipes on the net give some really silly and completely wrong outlines. Also, there are different recipes for the same dish from every person. if you plan to cook each recipe and then check, would you like some one to taste them for you... ... hee hee...
    Vasan. You are a researcher right? If you send a paper for a publication how the editorial board is checking it? By re-doing the work?
    But by asking the reviewrs to look into it.

Geetham is having lot of reviewers ( Unfortunately they are all coming in hidden mode ) and all are very good friends ( I didn't say girl friends. Ok? ) of sri_gan. So sri_gan can evaluate this receipies easily.

Cheers.

sri,

keep up the good work

I think the same too, if you have 2 or more receipes

for carrot halwa put it all under one topic.

That will give us options.

Thanks again da.

sri

is it possible to categorize the receipe. like appetizers, desserts, south indian dishes (veg items, non-veg), north indian dishes (veg items, non-veg), specialities, etc. this might be useful while searching once volume of the receipes become high. just a thought :D

keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by sathy
    sri

is it possible to categorize the receipe. like appetizers, desserts, south indian dishes (veg items, non-veg), north indian dishes (veg items, non-veg), specialities, etc. this might be useful while searching once volume of the receipes become high. just a thought :D

keep up the good work
    Sathy I already thought about that, You should see a difference soon.. I will try to use the maximum of the Topic heading ok va.. Thats a nice suggestion.

Eventually when we have more recipes, I will definetely bring it under sub headings.

Quote Originally Posted by arumugam57

Vasan. You are a researcher right?

Geetham is having lot of reviewers ( Unfortunately they are all coming in hidden mode ) and all are very good friends ( I didn't say girl friends. Ok? ) of sri_gan. So sri_gan can evaluate this receipies easily.

Cheers.
    naan researcher-ah illai-nnellam theriyadhu...

sri-ya nenachu poramai thaan pada mudiyum... Sri has a lot of G-Friends... (uh, oh... G does not stand for Girl, its for Good !!, right Aru??)

vaazhga..
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Vasa,

Enna puthusa etho sollure... itha paaru pooramai ellam padathe.. naan yaarkittium privatea ellam pesurathu illai... inga message replies ke enakku time seriya irruku...

Nalla paaru ennoda average day postinga... then you will come to know..

Do some one want the procedure of making paneer?
    Have a wonderful day Friends.

ya i want i know the procedure,but while frying paneer it melts.so will u please tell me what should be do for this?
    thanks!
    Tell the procedure please

ungalukku paal thirinjatha?
    yennaku thiriyavee illa . i am trying for the first time.i did a mistake i added lime juice as such without mixing it in water

let me try and give u the correct procedure by today or tommorow

light a uppu potal kuda.. paal thriyum.. but its upto you guys.

thanks for ur suggestion

hi sri_gan or admin can i know whether my recipie is accepted or not? what are the needs for a recipie to be accepted? how long will it take to approve a recipie by you?
    [shadow=orange:e833a88dc9]vedha [/shadow:e833a88dc9]

Quote Originally Posted by vedha79

hi sri_gan or admin can i know whether my recipie is accepted or not? what are the needs for a recipie to be accepted? how long will it take to approve a recipie by you?
    You should see the below words on top of your recipe.

Assured for Trying - நீங்கள் இதை முயற்சி செய்யலாம்.

Mostly within 24 hrs.. I will verify and add the statement.

Ok va.

[shadow=cyan:b2ff62cfb5]
    thanks sri_gan .

i will check after 24 hours whether my recipie is approved.

[/shadow:b2ff62cfb5]

[highlight=yellow:68aa1f52ef]

hi moderators of cooking section,

can i know whether i can post new recipies or any type of recipies in cooking section apart from the requested recipies????

plz let me know.....thanks....
    [/highlight:68aa1f52ef]

u can post any recipies as ur wish. But only thing the recipy should be good. Its just for fun. Dont take it serious vedha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast