L1 to H1
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: L1 to H1

Default L1 to H1

Hi Friends,

My brother is in L1 visa and now he got extension for another 2 years.He don't have stamping in the passport.All he have is apporval notice.No I94.
    He applied for a fresh H1 last year and got approved.My questions are

1.How are the options to get H1 stamping in Canada or Mexico?
    2.Can he go to Canada or Mexico without stamping in passport?
    3.Just incase he go to either one of these countries and if he don't get the stamping can he come back to US?
    4.Is there any other options we can think about?

Pl give me your valuable suggestions.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sen_shree View Post
    1.How are the options to get H1 stamping in Canada or Mexico?
    2.Can he go to Canada or Mexico without stamping in passport?
    3.Just incase he go to either one of these countries and if he don't get the stamping can he come back to US?
    4.Is there any other options we can think about?
    Hi there:

I've been to Canada to get my H1 stamped. Absolutely painless procedure and people are much more friendlier than the US Embassy in India. One of my friends went to Mexico and he said that it was a no-questions-asked procedure.

But, for first time stamping of H1 on the passport, I think there is a condition that it must be from home Country. I am not sure about this, so please get it verified.

No, if for some reason the stamping is not done on the passport, your brother cannot enter the US. He has to go to India, get it stamped and then enter US.

For getting it stamped in Canada, your brother needs to first get Canadian visa (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/visa.html) and also fix an appointmet with the US Embassy (http://www.nvars.com/).

Sri

As Sri pointed , he may have to go to India to get his stamping ...

If your bro can stay in L1 and apply for his immigration ... its much easier for him to get it that way than thru h1 ... although am pretty sure you would have thoughtabt that scenario ....

+ Reply to Thread