Home Remedies
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Remedies

Default Home Remedies

Hey guys,

thought we can have a common thread for all the home remedies..

Please share your advice in this thread, so that everyone will benefit

Shy
    I Geetham

Stomach Pain

• Drink lemon tea with some honey added in it for taste. It will keep away stomachache.
    • Mix 1 tsp each of mint juice and limejuice. Add some ginger juice and black salt in it. Drink this mixture.\
    • For immediate relief, chew betel leaves with a few rock salt crystals.
    • Take 1 tsp of a mixture of carom seeds (ajwain), a pinch of black salt & a few drops of fresh lemon juice with luke warm water.
    • Stomach ache due to dehydration or indigestion: Drink 3-4 times half a cup of water with a few drops of Pudin Hara added.
    • For upset stomach: Take 1 teaspoon coriander or caraway seeds with 1 cup hot water.
    • Drink Lemon Juice and in general lots of water
    • Fenugreek seeds, soak in overnight and drink in empty stomach the next day. Used to bring down the heat in the body
    Shy
    I Geetham

Ohh..thanks for the pointer Shy.. Never even realized we had a remedy for this.. I think mine's caused due to heat.. I can even feel the heat in my eyes..

Fenugreek seeds, soak in overnight and drink in empty stomach the next day. Used to bring down the heat in the body

This is vendhayam, isn't it? How could you eat that stuff? It's so yuck! I don't even like vendhaya dosai..

Do we have to take it with water or buttermilk?

Sri

ps: you created the thread now.. hehehee.. I didn't notice.. thankoo Shy.

yep.... its yucky thaan..

water la soak pananum..

morning just drain the seeds if its too much initially and just have the water...

I started by driking this water and then immed a pinch of sugar or lemon slice vaila poduduven...

its really good.. body temp koraicha.. then hair falling yethum irukaathu..

40 days solvaanga theriyumma.. if u do it daily.. u can see the awesome diff in ur body and face

also for girls.. body temp shud never be high at all.. not good.. if u know what i mean..

Shy
    I Geetham

I'll try this, Shy.. thanks again..

What's the 40 days? I think my body heat is too high... Only yesterday I was complaining to my mom that I'd be the first baldie at my age..

Sri

oru mandalamnu solvaanga villagela.. meaning.. 40 days thondarnthu u got to follow nu artham

shy
    I Geetham

venthaiyam evalo soak pannanumnu sollaliye Shy....sollunga please...:p

yaso

Quote Originally Posted by yasodha View Post
    venthaiyam evalo soak pannanumnu sollaliye Shy....sollunga please...:p
    Evvalavu soak panninaalum ungalukku (color parthu kulirchiyaana) piththam theliya pogarathu illae Yaso.. so, free-aa vidunga..

Sri

:p

Yaso.. usually 2 spoons should be fine.. morning oru glass kudika it shud be fine

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by Shy View Post
    yep.... its yucky thaan..

water la soak pananum..

morning just drain the seeds if its too much initially and just have the water...

I started by driking this water and then immed a pinch of sugar or lemon slice vaila poduduven...

its really good.. body temp koraicha.. then hair falling yethum irukaathu..

40 days solvaanga theriyumma.. if u do it daily.. u can see the awesome diff in ur body and face

also for girls.. body temp shud never be high at all.. not good.. if u know what i mean..

Shy

I shud try this ....with heat my temper is rising too :mjpu;r;rp:

Thanks Shy

Any home remedies for continuous burping????

Quote Originally Posted by Teena View Post
    Any home remedies for continuous burping????
    Teena what happened????

yaso

yaso not for me.....it's for my husband.......he is having serious trouble in the past 10 days. It flares up especialy if spices are taken.

yaso not for me.....it's for my husband.......he is having serious trouble in the past 10 days. It flares up especialy if spices are taken.
    Teena usually burping nallathu thaan but too much burpingna konjam yosikkanam.... ask him to avoid spicy food konja nalaikku.... illana neraya thanni kudikkanum....thanni kudikka sollunga...

yaso

Used to bring down the heat in the body
    Fridge-kkulla 10 minutes irunthaa podhum.. cool down thaan..

alternately, sit in your car, a/c full blast at lowest temperature setting.. and go for a drive. manasum kuLirnthidum.. body-um cool aayidum.. (if you are living in that coast, just drop the window down.. )..

(c) vasan's home remedies.. v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

• Increase the amount of fluid you drink, especially water. Avoid carbonated drinks and alcoholic beverages.
    • Avoid foods that cause gas, such as beans, broccoli, cabbage, and bran. The amount of gas that different foods cause varies from person to person.
    • Avoid swallowing air. Swallowing air may increase your symptoms.
      • Eat slowly. Avoid gulping food or beverages. When you rush through meals or eat on the run, you are more likely to swallow air.
      • Chew your food thoroughly before you swallow.
      • Avoid drinking through a straw.
      • Avoid chewing gum or eating hard candy.
      • Do not smoke or use other tobacco products.
      • If you wear dentures, check with a dentist to make sure they fit properly.
      • Keep calm. Tension and anxiety can cause you to swallow air.
    • Take a medicine that you can buy without a prescription. Be sure to follow the instructions on the label.
      • Activated charcoal tablets, such as CharcoCaps, may decrease odor from gas. Charcoal is usually taken after meals or at the first sign of gas discomfort.
      • Antacids, such as Di-Gel, Maalox Anti-Gas, and Mylanta Gas, allow gas to be belched away more easily. However, these medicines often have no effect on gas that is already in the intestines.
      • Food enzymes, such as Beano, which help break down the sugars found in vegetables and grains, can be added to foods that cause you to have gas.
    Teena... I have an old book.. iyarkkai vaidhiyamnu..my thathas..athula yetha iruka parkuren...

Shy
    I Geetham

Teena,
    If its happening often ask him to see the Dr...
    Last edited by butterfly; 08-23-2007 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks everyone for the tips. He is already following a few remedies and also taking mylanta, beano but those are not helping him enough.Got to see a doctor if the condition persists more than a week from today.

Any remedies for heart burn/GERD?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast