Help with Ultra wet grinder
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Ultra wet grinder

Default Help with Ultra wet grinder

Hi all,

I have an ultra wet grider from India. I bought it by 2001. It just went off suddenly. There is no power supply to the motor. How can I check for the repairs. Is there is any nearby service centers in DC area.

Any tips ???

Thanks,
    Anitam.
    Have a nice day...... :D

Anitam....same thing happened to my grinder also when i was Chicago....nothing can be done to that...romba kastam inga ellam repair panna....for that u can buy a new one if u get in some Indian stores... Mine was like motor was fine but was not rotating...problem was with the belt....hmmm...so better don't waste time in repairing that....

yaso

I think Ultra has customer service here in the US though ....let me find out ..
    Well-timed silence has more eloquence than speech....

Anitam,

You could ask around in the local grocery shops.

Usually if its a simple electrical problem, that might be fixed. But if there is a serious problem requiring spares, then it is impossible to do it.. For all I know, it might be impossible to get spares even in India.

Buy a new one..

v-

ps: My amma's wet grinder(s) never had a problem. 3 pasanga.. ovvorutharaa maththi maathithi velai vaangiduvaanga.. naanga thaan avanga "wet grinders"..
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Try contacting one of these guys ....

http://www.innoconcepts.com/Dealers.htm

Duh Tinki.....avanga DC areala illa kettanga....

Anitam.....better buy a new one....labour charges are very costly here....DC areanu sollureenga...romba kashtam anga ellam repair panna.....may be inga Californiala that is surely possible....

yaso

Quote Originally Posted by yasodha View Post
    Duh Tinki.....avanga DC areala illa kettanga....

kashtam kashtam ...

STEP 1: Click the link

STEP 2: take one of the dealers phone no from that page that you just clicked

STEP 3: go to your phone ... or if you have your cordless near you pick it up ... or if you are one of those persons who dont use home phone and use cell phone for everything .. pick up your cell phone

STEP 4: Call using the phone (either home phone or the cell phone) ...

STEP 5: Talk to one of the CSR (Customer service rep)

STEP 6: Ask about service centers in the USA after you go about the normal how are ya , how is the weather and blah blah ( dont forget to tell him you are great even if its such a bad day in your life )

STEP 7: Note down the number for the service center if they give one ..( you can do it using a pencil/pen in a paper or if you are near a laptop or a computer open a notepad and note it down )

STEP 8 : hang up the phone ( dont forget to say thank you and how helpful the CSR was even if they sucked)

STEP 9 : call the service center if you got a number for it ... if you didnt get one go back to STEP 1 or come back her and complain in Geetham

STEP 10: if nothing works buy a new one ... or ask someone who is coming from India to bring one for you ....

PS: some steps may be missing in the procedure and the author does not take responsibility for any typographic errors or if the steps are different from what is mentioned here ...
    Last edited by tinker; 06-20-2007 at 06:43 PM.

Tinki....

yaso

Anita - It may just be a simple fuse issue too ... since its anyways out of warranty check to see if the fuse is gone .... its very easy to replace them ...

Tinki onnu pannunga neengale repair panni koduthidunga...illana....pay for the shipping charges and labour charges for anitam...

yaso

Quote Originally Posted by anitam View Post
    Hi all,

I have an ultra wet grider from India. I bought it by 2001. It just went off suddenly. There is no power supply to the motor. How can I check for the repairs. Is there is any nearby service centers in DC area.

Any tips ???

Thanks,
    Anitam.
    WB anitam
    i have no idea wat u can do...but hope u find a solution soon ..try tinker's step & see if it works

open the grinder and see ........silaneram fuse fryaaaki irukkum..........
    நான் பெரிது நீ பெரிது என்று வாழாமல் நாடு பெரிது என்று வாழ்வோம்!

Anitam,

Local indian storesla poi kettu paarunga.. for example 110-220 electronic kadai kandeepa irukkum.. in NJ we have such stores, where they sell indian products, they also do repairs. so appadi store iruntha chumma kettu paarunga. It might be a minor problem like tinker/Puraa says..

But if hes going to charge more than $100 for it, thalaiya suthee potutu, buy a new one here, since its not worth it

Shy
    I Geetham

Thanks a lot to u all. First I will try for fuse. If I couldn't, I think its better to go for new one.

Thanks a lot tinker. I called the customer service of innoconcepts.com, they asked me to send the unit it by post and the repair cost would be around $150 and he finally suggested to go for a new one.

-Anitam.

Hi all,

Well, I tried the fuse.. it seems to be fine. Now I have to go for new one.

Have any one tried any other brands other than ultra.. Its little bit pricy compared to butterfly and PVG Excel..

-Anitam.

Anitam - I have a sowbhagya and it works perfectly fine ... I am not sure though if you can buy that here in the US .... you pbbly can buy 2 sowbhagya units for the price of ultra ....

sowbhagya is the one like mixie type right... motor will be down and above that u keep the pathiram correcta????

somehow i like ultra more

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by Shy View Post
    sowbhagya is the one like mixie type right... motor will be down and above that u keep the pathiram correcta????

Shy
    Nah ... thats only tilting that will be like that .....this is similar to ultra ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shy View Post

Shy
    Now, premier has this model. Even I like Ultra, but only concern is the price..

Tinker, I don't see Sowbaghya here in US. They have only Ultra, PVG Execel, butterfly, santha, premier and Sharp brands. Now I have to select from one of these.

One of my friend have butterfly, which has 3 stones and grinds much faster than butterfly, but its imported one and has no service centers here in US.

-Anitam.

Anitam - whatever you buy here is definitely going to be costlier than what we could buy in India and bring it in .... yes , I dont think sowbaghya is available here in the US though ..... Check if any of your friends are coming from India ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast