+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Green Chilies and Chicken Chili

Default Green Chilies and Chicken Chili

Green Chilies and Chicken Chili
    Ingredients:
    1(2lb)/Lg. Roasting Chicken - stewed. Reserve the broth
    16 oz.- Old El Paso Whole Green Chilies
    8 oz - Old El Paso chopped Green Chilies
    16 oz – jar Green Salas or Salsa Verde (Hot, Medium or Mild)
    2 to 4 cups Chicken Broth
    Black Pepper – To Taste
    Salt – To Taste; if needed
    1 ½ to 2 Tbsp. – Cumin (Initially. You may need to add more to adjust to your taste)
    Chopped Jalapenos – Optional

Assembly:
    Removed the skin and shred the stewed Chicken.
    In large soup or stock pot combine;
    - Stock
    - Green Chilies
    - Green Salsa
    - Add chicken
    - All the seasonings
    Mix to combine and taste.

Note: Go easy on the seasonings until the chili has simmered for about 10 to 15 minutes to develop the flavor. Then you can correct it and ‘up’ the spices if needed.
    Heat the mixture at a moderate simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes. Then taste to adjust the seasoning.

Note: If your taste are to the spicier side. You can add both the jalapenos and the

HOTGreen Salsa
    Mrs. Renfros(brand name)is pretty good in this. Pick it up at Market Basket.
    Trader Joes Salsa Verde and Fire Roasted Green Salsa are good too, although perhaps not as spicy.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Again, this is from my workplace's recipe competition. Please don't ask me any doubts.

Sri

Sri,

Competition or not, did you try out this recipe?

I didn't know chilis were made with out any sort of beans in them.. This simply looks like boiled chicken with chillies, rather than chili..

And the chillies are way too much, but that could be because it is texas style..

Anyways.. one of these days, will give it a shot.

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Oh.. Thank you, Ms. Recipe Writer....

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Was like

enna da Sri non-veggie receipe poduraangale nu

Shy
    I Geetham

enna da Sri non-veggie receipe poduraangale nu .. Shy
    Don't believe what people from texas say, teacher. See their actions, and make up your mind. I thought you would have 'learned' this from our beloved Prez..

Who knows what Sri munches on.. I will keep my fingers crossed..

v-
    Short Measures

Oh.. Thank you, Ms. Recipe Writer....
    You are very welcome, Admin Vasan Sir... I didn't even read the recipe.. Just copy and paste.. quick and easy..

Quote Originally Posted by Shy View Post
    Was like

enna da Sri non-veggie receipe poduraangale nu
    Oh, idhu parava illae.. check the other one.. it has even beef in it.. :mjpu;r;rp: :mjpu;r;rp: Veetilae Kamadhenu padam ellam vechirukkaen, poojai-la..

Sri

Quote Originally Posted by Sri View Post
    You are very welcome, Admin Vasan Sir... I didn't even read the recipe.. Just copy and paste.. quick and easy..

Oh, idhu parava illae.. check the other one.. it has even beef in it.. :mjpu;r;rp: :mjpu;r;rp: Veetilae Kamadhenu padam ellam vechirukkaen, poojai-la..

Sri
    Paarthen

Vasan.. Sri appadi irupaanga nenaikureengo hmm.. poojai ellam panraanga right.. so may be not like the prez i guess

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by vasan View Post
    Don't believe what people from texas say, teacher. See their actions, and make up your mind. I thought you would have 'learned' this from our beloved Prez..

Who knows what Sri munches on.. I will keep my fingers crossed..
    Are you sure you have fingers left in your hand? I thought I cut it all, deep-fried and munching on that now..

Sri

ps: Crawford is too far from where I am.. I look at this State's map and imagine it to be the shape of India (well, if you are really imaginative) and I'm staying in Madras.

ps: Crawford is too far from where I am.. I look at this State's map and imagine it to be the shape of India (well, if you are really imaginative) and I'm staying in Madras.
    Anainar signature .. Every dawg has its day and today is mine mathiri.. naanum appadi thaan think panuven.. coastal Chennai in NJ and i am in the middle - WMambalam

Shy
    I Geetham

Are you sure you have fingers left in your hand? I thought I cut it all, deep-fried and munching on that now..

Sri
    Sri solla ve illa... Hannibal a nenga... remba latea therunchukitten...

V finger chips nalla irrunthucha?

Quote Originally Posted by Shy View Post
    Anainar signature .. Every dawg has its day and today is mine mathiri.. naanum appadi thaan think panuven.. coastal Chennai in NJ and i am in the middle - WMambalam
    Neenga West Mambalam-aa? Me Mylapore. WM is my favorite haunt as my favorite aunt lives there.

Not very hard to imagine that I'm in Madras.. see this..

Quote Originally Posted by sri_gan View Post
    V finger chips nalla irrunthucha?
    Yummy in the tummy... He-Man... Sorry, I finished it all. Admin Vasan Sir cannot type anything 'cause he has no fingers left..

Sri

Sri...thanks a lot for the recipe....

Enga veetula irukurathe 3 peru...athula onnu kosuru mathiri....onnu veg....so fulla non-vegna naan thaan....ivalo panni saapidanumna naan thaan saapidanum.... impossible....yaaravu vanthaa... can try but appo sariya varalainna...acho... summa therinji vachikaren...

yaso

Yaso..

take all portions, reduce them exactly 1/8th. and try..

You don't need a whole roast chicken.. just couple of chicken wings is more than enough..

v-
    Short Measures

Yaso,

onnume ariyaatha oru appavi kozhiya vetti sapidrathu ungallukke nalla irukkaa?

athuvum thaniyaa sapidarathu.. inga half-portion annupidunga.. unga pavam 1/2-aa kurainchidum..

v-
    Short Measures

Quote Originally Posted by vasan View Post
    Yaso,

onnume ariyaatha oru appavi kozhiya vetti sapidrathu ungallukke nalla irukkaa?

athuvum thaniyaa sapidarathu.. inga half-portion annupidunga.. unga pavam 1/2-aa kurainchidum..

v-

yaso

Quote Originally Posted by yasodha View Post
    Sri...thanks a lot for the recipe....

Enga veetula irukurathe 3 peru...athula onnu kosuru mathiri....onnu veg....so fulla non-vegna naan thaan....ivalo panni saapidanumna naan thaan saapidanum.... impossible....yaaravu vanthaa... can try but appo sariya varalainna...acho... summa therinji vachikaren...
    Yaso... you are very welcome..

Do what I do, Yaso.. Cook a lot and have a little with you and distribute the rest of the stuff. Or, if you want more ideas, check out Manamadu's and MSB's ideas in CAT.. They were having a great time this afternoon..

Sri

Yean Sri... vegetarian ethuvum select agalaiyaaa???

Quote Originally Posted by sri_gan View Post
    Yean Sri... vegetarian ethuvum select agalaiyaaa???
    You do realize where I am living, don't you? Even in salad, they need beef flavor.. In my office, I am the only vegetarian..

Sri

You do realize where I am living, don't you? Even in salad, they need beef flavor.. In my office, I am the only vegetarian..

Sri

Next time nenga poi kodi puduchu vegetarian receipes kku thani competition vaikka sollunga....

Minorities will be given priorities la but ethukkum carefula irrukkunga romba pesuna ungala adichu soup vachalum vachiruvanuga kaatu payaluga.

suriyan80 Guest

[QUOTE=Sri;408656][

THANKS

+ Reply to Thread