Closed Thread

Thread: [Geetham List] - Seven Wonders of Tamil Nadu

Hybrid View

Default [Geetham List] - Seven Wonders of Tamil Nadu

[Geetham Lists]

Seven Wonders of Tamil Nadu

:p :p

Okie, dear people..

We have had plenty of discussions about the new seven wonders, or 7-W version 1.01 etc. Good or bad, agree or disagree, one good thing is to list some places that are important centers of culture and interests of tourism.

What would be your list of 7 important places to see in Tamil Nadu?

Let us confine this list to only man-made wonders - architectural and other such interests (that are not-worship places). We can create few more lists for Temples (and other worship places), for natural habitats, and for beachers.

Nominate them now.. we will vote for them after a week.. Each nomination should have atleast two votes/selections for inclusion in the poll..

Top seven will form the

Geetham's List of 7WofTN

~~~~~~~~~~~

Would be nice if you can add some photos as well. May be next time when we visit India, we could check out some of these places..

Thanks,

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

1. Ooty udhagamandalam - Queen of Hill Stations
    2. Kodaikanal - Princess of Hill Stations

Quote Originally Posted by sri_gan View Post
    1. Ooty udhagamandalam - Queen of Hill Stations
    2. Kodaikanal - Princess of Hill Stations
    Sri,

Suggest man-made, architectural wonders..

We can nominate both ooty and kodai for natural wonders/ places..

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Vasan......nalla idea ponga....

Ok my nominations vanthu

Bellur
    Halebied

They are in Karnataka,India.

Will post picture after searching... and will try to add more...

yaso

Quote Originally Posted by yasodha View Post
    Vasan......nalla idea ponga....

Ok my nominations vanthu

Bellur
    Halebied

They are in Karnataka,India.

Will post picture after searching... and will try to add more...

But yaso.. this is 7 wonders of Tamil Nadu, list.. neenga karnataka sollureengale?

First TN podunga.. appuram we can add more lists for other places.. and one for the whole country, infact..

v-
    Short Measures

Pothys
    Kumaran Silks
    Chennai Silks
    azhagu kutty chellam unnai aLLi thookum pOdhu, un pinju viralgaL mOdhi naan nenjam udaindhu pOnaen

My choices:

1) Rippon Building, Chennai

2) Vivekananda Rock and Gandhi Mandapam, Kanyakumari

3) Mahabalipuram - Rock Temples and Statues

4) Kallanai - Grand Anicut of Trichy

5) Stanley Reservoir - Mettur, Salem

Two more to be added..

v-
    Short Measures

tanjore periya koyil...not allowed that's one of the biggest of tn...

mahabalipuram is used as a place of worship by some...especially ranganathaswamy that is i the middle of the temple...and the lingam at the back...so that is off ur list vasan u r back to 6
    Sonnavan Kannan...Solbavan Kannan...
    என்.சி.எம் (N.C.M)

suriyan80 Guest

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Ncm;
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tanjore periya koyil...not allowed
    apparam enna erukku Tamil Nadu
    la..
    ethu ellam renpa Athigam
    varanda pumi namma
    Tamil Nadu

Senji Koattai Tirumalai Nayakkar Mahal idhellam eppadi. naan ponadhilla, so not much idea.
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

suriyan80 Guest

Default Heights of Beauty on Tamil Nadu's Hill Stations(Ooty.)

Heights of Beauty on Tamil Nadu's Hill Stations

Screened in the mist-clad Nilgiris, Ooty is South India's premier hill station. The route to the green paradise is equally enchanting. You will travel on a steam train amidst lush greens and floating dews to a dream destination. Renowned as the Scotland of the East, Ooty is a leisure place that lingers the best of everything; sun lighting up one hill with the best colour even as the other beside remains shrouded in green velvet, mountain ponies chomping the best grass by the kerbside, and above all you will relish the best of hot filter coffee and even hotter 'sambhar'. Remember to scale the highest peak of the Nilgiris (Blue Mountains) at 8,606 ft - Dodda Betta - a mere 10 km from Ooty to behold the best of the views of south. Tourists can also go for hand-gliding courses organised by the Tourism Department from March to May. Enjoy flying over the shimmering rivulets and emerald lakes that are an angler's delight underneath. Spend your mornings at the Ooty Gymkhana Golf Club with as many rounds of golf as you want. The Ootacmund Derby is the climax of the season and attracts top Indian jockeys and is a must visit for every traveller to Ooty.

Talking 7 wonders of TN

Hi, my votes in order
    1. Tanjore Grand Anaicut - standing tall for centuries
    2. Tanjore Big Temple
    3. Srirangam temple
    4. Madurai Meenakshi temple
    5. Rameshwaram temple
    6. Mahabs shore temple
    7. Vivekanandar Rock Kanyakumari

Quote Originally Posted by vasan View Post
    [Geetham Lists]

Seven Wonders of Tamil Nadu

:p :p

Okie, dear people..

We have had plenty of discussions about the new seven wonders, or 7-W version 1.01 etc. Good or bad, agree or disagree, one good thing is to list some places that are important centers of culture and interests of tourism.

What would be your list of 7 important places to see in Tamil Nadu?

Let us confine this list to only man-made wonders - architectural and other such interests (that are not-worship places). We can create few more lists for Temples (and other worship places), for natural habitats, and for beachers.

Nominate them now.. we will vote for them after a week.. Each nomination should have atleast two votes/selections for inclusion in the poll..

Top seven will form the

Geetham's List of 7WofTN

~~~~~~~~~~~

Would be nice if you can add some photos as well. May be next time when we visit India, we could check out some of these places..

Thanks,

Vasan

Closed Thread