The NFL Thread: 07-08 SEASON - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread: 07-08 SEASON

Will Miami win atleast one ?
    May be, but I am not willing to bet on that.. One thing I am sure though - the Raider fans are having a huge sigh of relief..

Colts taken a big hit because of injuries. Hopefully they will all get healthy in hurry to complete the season. They are hosting Jags and Titans from their own division. So, Colts have the season in their own hands.. And Vinateri's foot..

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

escapeeeeeeeeeeeee

Shy
    I Geetham

haha Shy

nakkals or thittufying us? ....or a grumpy Jets fan ??

Ippaddi vandhittu oru karuthu sollamma ponna eppaddi!!

"Three points, man. Three points. The Patriots and three points," said Reid whose team also lost the 2005 Super Bowl to New England by three. "They're killing me with it."

I did not get to watch the game but heard Philly gave NE quite a fright!!

Vikings creamed the Giants.....one of the teams I picked to give a fight to NE....Now it seems Steelers are the ones who will decide whether it is 16-0 or not!!

Guys.....don miss the Thu night NFC game and ofcozz root for the Packs!!

down down Boys!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadTownDude View Post
    haha Shy

nakkals or thittufying us? ....or a grumpy Jets fan ??

Ippaddi vandhittu oru karuthu sollamma ponna eppaddi!!
    Only nakkals and thittals.. no fan or anything

all glued to TV today I guess

Shy
    I Geetham

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shy View Post
    all glued to TV today I guess

Shy
    Ofcozzz....Monday night in Fall/Winter....its football night!!

Guys....switch now to ESPN to see grown up men roll over in water clogged mud.....its quite a game so far guys....If Dolphins can't 'swim' today they probably never will this season!!

just one field goal by steelers.. with 17 secs remaining.. and fins with no timeouts enter 0-11 territory..

whoa...

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

With Steelers winning the ugly battle 3-0.....it was funny to hear the commentators talk about the last scoreless nfl game was in 1943 and those who played the game (if still alive) might be the only ones having the champagne with the record still intact and almost challenged by this game with 17 secs to go.....(hope nobody in that grp got any heart attack)

Tough defeat for the Packers...but time to suck it up and prepare for the NFC Championship game possibly again at Texas stadium.....

No:4 had a bad day....Cowboys were much better prepared in a supposedly weak secondary for them...they definitely out thought the Packer offense....

Dallas looked good....and Tony Romo is the new the stud in the town....Brady must be like...'What the heck.......'

Anybody predicting a NE / Dallas SB showdown....Manning and Favre may not like it...just yet.....

Cowboys escape one at motor town while Pats continue to motor on and looking at one more win in the process of smashing the 'too much talking and no game' Steelers!!

No:4 is back (although I am not sure how fit) but the Packs look to be good in full strength...

It does seem like heading for another NFC showdown at Dallas....

Vikes...Yikes....they can be dangerous in the Playoffs(if they make it)

Anybody there??

yeah.. still around.. and just itching to get to the sunday showdown..

pats gonna shoot the jets down..

I am going to videotape the entire game for personal repeated viewing pleasure....

v-
    Short Measures

Thats so wicked!!

Pats seem so unstoppable....I wonder what that Steeler safety ate before he gave the Guarantee stmt....was quite a scene when they were getting beat.....

Why does the Falcons coach resign when Dolphins coach is still there.....?guess there is no Dog fight in the aqua world....

Why does the Falcons coach resign when Dolphins coach is still there

Considering the fact that Pats are on the verge of matching old Dolphins undefeated season record - the current winless season from Dolphins is just way too pathetic... From an undefeated superbowl champion in 70s to winless team in 2007-8.. wow.. Wonder what Shula has to say about that..

v-
    Short Measures

Patriots have done it 16-0....you all Patriot fans there.....having a party or what?

Brady seems unstoppable...against a decent Giants defense.....he was able to deliver whenever pressured.....a truly classy performance....all of their players are stunning in their own right.....In this era of free agency its amazing to build a group of such talented guys.....

It will need something special to beat these guys....I do feel Dungy will have his team ready when they possibly face off at AFC champs....

but anyway...at this point.....they are the team on top....!!!

yes, another good win for the Patriots.
    Proud of Giants' performance - tried their best despite it being a 'meaningless' game for them. Inspite of a couple of injuries sustained during the game, I think this outing would have given the Giants a mental edge (if it helps), going into their wild card game against the Bucs.
    As for the Patriots, another two games to go, to better the Dolphins - the pressure is mounting - let's see if they can handle. I guess if anybody could, it'll be them...
    Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt - Anon.

Venki,

I was quite surprised the way (atleast until mid 4th quarter) the Giants put up a fight..

Made it far more interesting than the Skins/Boys and Titans/Colts. You could see that the Cowboys and Colts really didn't want to play..

16-0 is nothing. We need to hoist the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
    Moss for Regular Season MVP and Brady for Superbowl MVP.

I feel sad for Welker, Gaffeney, Maroney, Samuel and others.. In every other team, their effort will be on the first page. With Brady and Moss, they are eclipsed.. All the same....

Vince Lombardi, people.. Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Nothing else matters..

v-
    Short Measures

Vasan,
    Yes, even I was surprised the way Giants held their own until quite late in the game.
    I agree - 16-0 will not 'count' if the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl.
    May Giants or the best team win .
    Happy New Year!!
    Venki
    Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt - Anon.

I thought Giants wo Jeremy Shockey would be pretty ordinary but they cud be dangerous in the playoffs....

I feel Skins will be a dangerous team in the Playofss and if they can win against Seahawks ,boys better watch out!!

Patriots - Pressure is on you.....but they have handled it pretty nicely so far

MTD your boys are playing..

~~~~~~~~~~

Seahawks already have two 2-TDs.. both the drives are good..

Packs have one..

Go PACKERS..

~~~~~~~~~~

Go PATRIOTS >>>

v-
    Short Measures

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast