Ammuvaaghiya Naan
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ammuvaaghiya Naan

Default Ammuvaaghiya Naan

Ammuvaaghiya Naan has been in the news for several months as this was one of the movies whose release was delayed due to Sivaji. The film did not in anyway disappoint the impressive trailer which was released some time back and delves deep into the life of a commercial sex worker.

The movie is about Bharathi who lives and grows among sex workers, after her drunkard father, a rickshaw driver sells her to them for a paltry sum. She finds love and affection in the most unlikely place and grows up to be one among them. Her very first customer is a popular literary figure, Mahadevan. Due to his sadistic approach towards her, others in the house save the girl and ridicules Mahadevan. Many years pass by and Bharathi has turned into a young and beautiful woman now and is the most sought after in the house. Enter Parthiban a famous writer, whose last two books missed the National award by a whisker. As he is keen to write a story on a sex worker, he enters this house and is totally taken aback by the character of Bharathi and falls for her.

Parthiban asks her hand in marriage and after a lot of apprehensions, she agrees to his proposal. Bharathi soon realizes how famous Parthiban is and slowly falls in love with him after understanding his love towards her. But society does not accept their love nor does Parthiban's family and friends. Meanwhile Parthiban writes his next book on Bharathi but Mahadevan is in the panel of the selection committee for the award. Will Parthiban get this award? Will Bharathi live a peaceful life there on? To get the answers for these questions, catch it in the theatres.

Padmamagan the director has come up with one of the most realistic movies in recent times. The bold subject which he has chosen for his debut film is something to be appreciated and there are many scenes which are suggestive of a genius director in the making. The first night scene where Bharathi is unable to demonstrate the coyness and Parthiban asking her to sleep alone for once and when she is unable to do this, he hands her a walkman with a Ilayaraja's "Nothing but wind" tune, will surely catch you unawares. Another scene worth mentioning is when the couple goes to a restaurant and an old customer of Bharathi comes at the opportune moment and the ensuing conversation is brilliant. There are of course few immature sequences but the main positive point in the movie is that the story is never melodramatic.

Performance wise Parthiban stands tall in a role which is tailor made for him, He impresses with his underplay and Bharathi is blessed with a role of her life time in her debut venture and even though she has not used it to the fullest potential, she has not wasted it either. Mahadevan has also given a good performance.

Technical aspects in the movie are brilliant, especially the camerawork and music. Cinematography by M.S.Prabhu is very natural, which gives the right feel for the film. Music by Sabesh Murali needs special mention as the duo has given a superlative performance. The songs heard in the cassette sound very different from what we see them on screen. The feel of the movie is conveyed in the songs and it will be of no surprise if the duo gets an award or two for their work.

On the whole Ammuvagiya Naan is more like a beautiful novel. It is not slow but everyone will not be able to appreciate this work of art. It is more like a complex poem for elite poets.

Verdict - For those who want to see a quality Tamil movie

Stars -

Behindwoods

Anyone seen this movie???

Shy
    I Geetham

Shy intha padam release aacha???? No idea about this movie....Minnie kitta thaan kekkanum....

yaso

enakkum theriyalai yaso..

nalla irukku pottu irukaan .. so paarkalaam i guess

Shy
    I Geetham

Aug 31st release yaso but in some places innaike release pola irukku..

Shy
    Last edited by Shy; 08-31-2007 at 01:35 AM.
    I Geetham

Shy ivanoda padam ethavathu message irukkum...romba naal aachu parkanum....

yaso

Quote Originally Posted by yasodha View Post
    Shy ivanoda padam ethavathu message irukkum...romba naal aachu parkanum....

huh......me read that tittle ........Ammavaaghiya Naan

Default Ammuvaaghiya Naan’s path to worldwide recognition

Ammuvaaghiya Naan, which has hit the theatres recently, is doing well as expected. This Parthiban-Bharathi-starrer is all about a sex-worker who finds true love and enters into matrimony. The society’s view on their relationship forms the rest of the story.
    The movie is being recognized for its bold theme among the multiplex audience. Grapevine has it that there are plans to feature the movie in various film festivals as Ammuvaaghiya Naan has strong potential to make it to the awards list.
    However, there seems to be minor hitch in that as Bharathi, who play the female protagonist in the movie, did not lend her voice. This disqualifies the movie from being featured in the film festivals. To overcome this problem the team has decided to dub a few scenes using Bharathi’s original voice. Seems like the team will leave no stone unturned for a worldwide recognition.

yaso

oru 15 mts paarthen...thaangala..delete panniten..

paarthiban

Quote Originally Posted by chinglees View Post

paarthiban
    thanks sweetie.. naan appo paarka maten

Shy
    I Geetham

En Chings...avalo mosama irukka???? naan parkanumnu illa ninaichikittu irunthein....

yaso

Quote Originally Posted by yasodha View Post
    En Chings...avalo mosama irukka???? naan parkanumnu illa ninaichikittu irunthein....
    hmmm..therila yaso...enaku intha maathiri padamlaam pudikaathu.....athum paarthiban'aa keka vendaam..ivanku intha maathiri eduka romba pudikum nanikuren..

Quote Originally Posted by Shy View Post
    thanks sweetie.. naan appo paarka maten

Shy
    vendaam shy akka...vendaam...intha maathiri padamlaam paartha manasu thaan baadikum...

vendaam shy akka...vendaam...intha maathiri padamlaam paartha manasu thaan baadikum...

acho.. better read the review and then see movies inimel nee

Shy
    I Geetham

paarthiban
    you saw 15 mins....wow,great...ffwd panni,panni...intha worst movie'ku 15 mins mom kita irunthu nalla coatings vangi arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... surprised they havent censored anything

Shy akka
    Micky...

those who want to see the movie..

Vikatan review.

Shy
    I Geetham

Well, some movies will only appease some people, if the aim of a movie is to please everyone, then the movie would end up as a Pokiri or a Sivaji, fun but ultimately pointless.

Chings, it is true Parthiban once in a while goes well crazy, for example Pacha Kuthirai, but I don't think that was the case here. I didn't entirely agree with the some of the first half hour of the movie, so I can understand where you are coming from. Some of the scenes were essential, but some were like "Oh no, what is going on here". But after that I think it was quite good.

But then again, if you only want to see "good" things in a movie, this is not one for you, regardless of how beautiful the love between Parthiban & Barathi is in the latter half of the movie. Certain things happen in the world, whether good or bad that's the reality. It is upto us whether to accept that or pretend nothing bad happens ever!
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

+ Reply to Thread