+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vegam Review

Default Vegam Review

Vegam
    Cast : Ashwin Sheker, Archana, Prabhu, Kushboo, S Ve Shekher, Sriman

Direction: K R Udhayashankar

Music: S.Ve. Shekher, Uma Maheswari

Production: Rajesh Vaidya

One more star descendant in the Kollywood horizon. This time around, Ashwin, son of comedian turned politician S.Ve. Shekar makes his foray in tinsel town as hero in Vegam. Although there are sincere efforts to make this a grand entry, there is a link which is missing somewhere and the result is not too encouraging.

The film has been inspired from a Hollywood flick called Cellular. The title evinces some kind of expectation that the film could be a fast paced one but it disappoints appallingly. Leave alone the speed of a rocket, the film does not even move at a cyclist’s speed. The only solace happens to be S Ve Shekar’s dialogues which provide some comic relief.

Prabhu and Kushboo are there but one is not able to envision their presence in the film. Prabhu dons the role of a police officer and needless to say he has not been utilized at all. Ashwin runs an event management firm and he goes to Malaysia in search of his lover Archana.

Sriman who is a suspended police officer kidnaps Kushboo and Ashwin gets a call from Kushboo. What happens to Kushboo forms the story of Vegam. A story which necessitates a racy narration sags all over and the film limps till the end.

Hero Ashwin manages dance and stunts but needs tremendous improvement in emotions and body language and about the heroine, lesser said the better. On the technical side, Suresh Urs’s editing and K S Selvaraj’s camera offer some kind of succor. Nothing much to speak about Rajesh Vaidhya’s music. Director K R Udayshankar should have worked harder. There are absolutely no elements in the film to create an impact on the audience mind.

Verdict - In short, a damp squib...

Behindwoods
    Shy
    I Geetham

Default pls stop

these guys can stop acting and go for some cookery classes as they look like a gadorgajan jokers they look like in the screens. because of s.v.sekar we cannt tolerate these funny animated actors. hey you better stop acting okva.

Is this movie even worth a review. The original Cellular itself is a very ordinary movie. I heard this was a terrible movie. I wonder how the music were like (composed by SV. Sekar and his wife ). They made some silly publicity for this movie in a Koffee with Anu episode during that time.
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

+ Reply to Thread