Egg Masal - முட்டை மசால்
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Egg Masal - முட்டை மசால்

Default Egg Masal - முட்டை மசால்

Assured for Trying - நீங்கள் இதை முயற்சி செய்யலாம்.

I just posted the tomato briyani..

The side dish I am going to post today goes well with tomato briyani..

Egg Curry..

Boiled Egg - 4 (Cut into half, or you can have it as whole)
    Onion(Sliced) - 2
    Tomatoes - 4
    Curry leaves - a few
    Green Chillies(cubed) - 3

Mustard seeds - 1/2 tbsp
    Urad dhal - 1/2 tbsp
    Gingelly or groundnut oil - 3 tbsp.
    tumeric powder - 1/4 tbsp
    Chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp
    Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
    Sambhar powder - 1/2 tbsp
    Salt to taste.
    Corriander leaves for decoration

(1) In a pan, heat oil and put mustard seeds, urad dhal and curry leaves. Once mustard seeds sputter, add onion and let it brown. Also add the chillies at this time.
    (2) Then add tomatoes and add all the powders. fry it nicely, till all the tomatoes peices mashes. Once all done, add salt.
    (3) Then add the boiled egg and keep turning all of them very carefully for 2-3 mins.Add corriander leaves.

Your done now.. You can keep that in the pan and finally once u are ready to serve, can change to dish, in this way, all the masala taste eggla ooridum...(if cut into half)..

Thats it.. Your done..

Hope u enjoy..

Shy

I have tried this recipie. This is great. Thank you very much for this receipie. But can use some little garam masala for curry taste.

Yeah ur right sindhu...U can use garam masala too..

Shy

mm.. good. I can cook this stuff reasonably OK.. Just like the recipe says, and it comes out well. For easy going guys in US, you could have this with tortillas, or rice. Its comes out quite alright... Cooking time is also pretty fast.

Being the utterly unskilled guy, I am, I also use canned tomato (with green chilles) and so, no need to do any cutting.. The taste would be little sour because of all the preservatives... But, hey... you can buy the cans and stuff it at home for couple of months, no big deal. Its not possible with tomatoes though.. !!

Never imagined that I could write something in Recipe section !!! Man.. Kaliyugam-ah yenna??
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

i have got a fundamental qn..... since i have not cooked egg till now, i want to know how to make boiled egg ... in the sense, can i boil eggs in open utensil or cooker or?? ...if so, how much time/whistles in cooker.....

thanx
    naughty

Hey hey... even I can answer the question.

It all depends !!

You see, do you want hard boiled eggs or soft boiled eggs - or 'just' boiled eggs?

First and foremost - don't put it in a pressure cooker. Though nothing serious will happen.. the cooking time is so less you can do it with out a pressure cooker. Take adequate amount of water (enough to cover all the eggs) and put the eggs in it (don't break it...) and put it on the stove. Water will start to boil.

For 'ordinary' or 'just' boiled eggs, allow for 4-5 mins of vigorous boiling. Turn of the stove, keep it water for 3 more mins. Pour out the water. Put the eggs in cold water for another 3 mins. Now you can break the shell and good warm, nicely boiled eggs are ready.

If you want to soft boiled or half-boiled, stop the stove at 4 mins, don't bother cooling, just go ahead remove the shell. Caution: Contents WILL be hot. Some liquid may spill.

If you want to eat hard-boiled eggs, you can add another 3 to 10 mins of boiling time - depending on how hard you want them to be. Cooling off time is just the same as 'just' boiled eggs......

innum recipes vennum-naa Mod kitte thaan kekkanum.. illaina inge poi thedalaam...

http://www.eggrecipes.co.uk/

Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

wow.. vasan.. super explanation.. great!!!

naughty... try this and let us know

Shy

Quote Originally Posted by Shy
    wow.. vasan.. super explanation.. great!!!

naughty... try this and let us know

Shy
    அகஸ்த்தியர ே ஒரு சாதாரண முனிவரை பார்த்து மகாரிஷின்ன ு கூப்பிட்ட து போல இருக்கிறது , ஷைய் ( நாணம்), நீங்கள் இப்படி கூறுவது! பாரட்டுக்க ு மிக்க நன்றி !! :D :D
    Short Measures

+ Reply to Thread