10 Holiday Gifts That Could Ruin a Romance
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 Holiday Gifts That Could Ruin a Romance

Default 10 Holiday Gifts That Could Ruin a Romance

We asked Yahoo! Personals users what they should avoid giving to girlfriends or boyfriends. Here's what they told us.
    Gift to avoid #1: Unless you are planning on proposing, avoid gifting jewelry, especially a ring, as that perceived level of commitment may intimidate your sweetheart.
    Gift to avoid #2: While a ring may be considered overboard, anything impersonal, such as a kitchen appliance or gift card can be construed as thoughtless or insincere.
    Gift to avoid #3: Avoid gifting lingerie for your first holidays together. It may be considered too intimate and send the wrong message.
    Gift to avoid #4: Gifting something selfish, such as sporting event tickets when you know your significant other isn't a sports fan, can relay that you may be more focused on your own interests than that of the person you are getting the gift for.
    Lump-of-coal award winner: The boyfriend who bought his girlfriend a Wii. Turns out that she wasn't a gamer, he just needed a place to put the Wii because he already had an Xbox and Playstation 3 at his house.
    Work-related items that promote efficiency at the office should generally be avoided.

Gift to avoid #5: Work-related items that promote efficiency at the office should generally be avoided. Why bring up "work" during the holidays, which is a time for relaxation.
    Gift to avoid #6: Clothing may be offensive, especially if you aren't sure about what size to purchase.
    Gift to avoid #7: Animals as presents are generally bad ideas unless you know the person very well. Pets are huge commitments and way too serious for a "first holiday" together.
    Lump-of-coal award winner: The boyfriend who gave his girlfriend a rabbit that died the next day.
    Lump of irony award winner: The boyfriend who gave his girlfriend a puppy. The puppy required so much time and attention that the girl didn't have any time left over for the boyfriend.
    Gift to avoid #8: Re-gifting is never a good idea, especially if it's a gift from a past relationship.
    Gift to avoid #9: Forget cliches, such as boxes of chocolates or flowers. They show little thought or effort.
    Gift to avoid #10: Avoid gifts that may suggest that your significant other needs to change something about himself/herself, such as exercise clothes or gym equipment, which may say that he/she doesn't look good enough as he/she is.

Yahoo

Shy
    I Geetham

ellathayum cover pannitanga. best thing is to gift nothing
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

Oh.. the joy and stress free holiday of a single dude..

Never have to worry about meeting some one's idea of a perfect gift... Buy what you want, dump what you don't want.. and order in pizza and watch football.. yahooooooo !!

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Shy View Post
    Lump-of-coal award winner: The boyfriend who bought his girlfriend a Wii. Turns out that she wasn't a gamer, he just needed a place to put the Wii because he already had an Xbox and Playstation 3 at his house.
    really?
    a resident's husband gave her a Wii for her b'day, they've both become addicted... I think it might even be considered their "romantic time" she really got into the whole gaming phenomena
    I guess it depends, an as most ppl here naturally tend to be IT orientated professionals, I don't know seems like a perfect gift
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

+ Reply to Thread