• would boycott

3 75.00%
  • don't care

0 0%
Closed Thread

Thread: China- Olympic Games

Default China- Olympic Games

attend or boycott?

Gordon Brown will be attending the closing ceremony, Angela Merkel will be boycotting.
    Belgium demands a joint EU-27 policy towards the Games...

Will you attend (hypothetical opinions are allowed too ) or boycott?

and why?

Should sport be separated from politics? is just a divide truly feasible?

are you apathetic? then why are you apathetic?????????
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Haven't thought too seriously about it... but on the top of my head..

It is irresponsible for IOC to allow China to bid for the contest - and then let members not participate for any reason other than safety.

It is hypocritical on the part of every nation (who are members of IOC) to allow Chinese to participate in the Games so far, and then say for these-reasons-whatever-they-may-be, that they won't go to china to participate. If chinese are wrong - they were wrong then, and are wrong now.. Why did you compete with them then, and refuse to do so now? Why didn't EU/US/tom-richard-harry-banana-republic did do nothing whatsoever about humanrights in china until now, before boycotting?

I would attend - if only to highlight the conditions of an emerging country which is not open to third-party examinations of their human rights records, and 'lack of democracy'. I sympathize with every one - especially the chinese immigrants who are away, and those who are suppressed in tibet/china - but I would attend.

are you apathetic? then why are you apathetic?
    If I am apathetic, would I really bother to even reply to that? I don't care - thats why I am called apathetic..

v-
    Last edited by vasan; 04-09-2008 at 09:28 PM.
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

well I don't care either way- and I don't care cos it requires far too much logical thinking to come up with a good reason to do either - so I'm just going to take the easy way

- see I replied and I'm apathetic

I wonder if the OGames are going to end up like the Eurovision song contest in the end - hope not
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Default China Olympic Games

These games are not the only ones to be boycotted. Olympic Games as they are now are a disgrace to ancient Olympic Games. They should be generally boycotted. They are just a tool of capitalism and globalization.

/end rant

Closed Thread