US Presidential Election - 2008 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US Presidential Election - 2008

Quote Originally Posted by MadTownDude View Post

I duno if you guys saw David Letterman the other day....and his quotes about Palin....which I thought was funny!!

Palin desperately wanted come International exp so she went to International House of Pancakes for BreakFast

Palin is one brave politician who is brave enough to go on as hunting trip with Cheney!!

I dunno if she is votable but she does have a buzz around her....good genes I suppose!!
    MTD, just saw ur post.. will come back my thoughts later..

but wanted to reply to this part though..

It was awesome don't you think.. it was a classic..

You should watch your fav's 10 ten moment.. at the 2007 White House Correspondents' Dinner.
    Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8px_KyIFyo
    I Geetham

That was funny!!We are going to miss Bush for these kinds of things....

It was funnier seeing Dubya giving an expression at the end of that like..."Who was that idiot from the south?"

Following Friday's debate I see more snipets of arrogant postures of Mccain not even looking at Obama.....Where is the deceny that Mccain professed that Americans had during his Convention speech!!That just proves it was done delibertely to appeal to the Right Wingers and Mccain not being himself....which is sadly quite unfortunate because that was something I thought Mccain was not capable of....

Oh well...its politics I guess....It is just as intriguing as Obama's long association with that Church which he did not find strange till somebody brought it up before his election....

Politics is a funny game!!

One more on Sarah making fun of Biden's age.

And I do look forward to Thursday night and debating Sen. Joe Biden. We’re gonna talk about those new ideas, new energy for America. I’m looking forward to meeting him too. I’ve never met him before, but I’ve been hearing about his Senate speeches since I was in like second grade.

Lady, you do know that biden is younger than your running mate?

Shy
    I Geetham

OMG....with so many choices available I have no idea about the reasoning behind Sarah's VP choice.....the interviews she did with Katie makes even supporters cringe.....While she may appeal to the Conservative base I am not sure about her exp with lots of other things.....Thu debate is going to be very interesting....I hope Biden does not crush her...!!

her exp with

So guys..

Had fun yesterday

Drill baby drill....

A deeper hole for you and McCain.

Joe was awesome yesterday...

What was she thinking, a broad smile and few winks will cut it out and what with not answering some questions and going back to something shes comfortable in - Energy and her track record..

Had a great laugh...

Vasan, I guess you will agree now that this inexperience thing shows of very well in Sarah. And no more talks Obama's inexperienced too.

Obama knows what is expected and can deliver it much better.

Did you guys watch letterman after that?? FUN !!

Top 10 surprising moments in yesterday's debate:

(10)First question for Palin: "Why in the hell do you keep agreeing to talk to Katie Couric?"
    (9)As a welcome to the candidates, St. Louis constructed a special "arch to nowhere"
    (8)To even the playing field, Biden wore stilettos
    (7)A confused John McCain kept stumbling onstage asking where he was
    (6)Most of discussion was what to do about the Mets
    (5)Palin bore a striking resemblance to Mitt Romney in a wig
    (4)Only thing the candidates agreed on? The Late Show Fun Facts book: 240 pages of jam-packed hilarity!
    (3)Biden's insistence that from his house in Delaware he can see Russia
    (2)You could hear Hillary's muffled screams from the parking lot
    (1)Palin mentioned bombing Iran, Pakistan and Tina Fey

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by MadTownDude View Post
    OMG....with so many choices available I have no idea about the reasoning behind Sarah's VP choice.....the interviews she did with Katie makes even supporters cringe.....While she may appeal to the Conservative base I am not sure about her exp with lots of other things.....Thu debate is going to be very interesting....I hope Biden does not crush her...!!

her exp with
    Did you watch SNL, MTD..

check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yysp_w52fNg

Most horrifying thing is Tina Fey just repeats Sarah Palin's exact interview to Katie Couric for some questions..
    Last edited by Shy; 10-03-2008 at 12:47 PM.
    I Geetham

Watched only last ten or so mins on CSpan and read some commentaries.. hmm..

Although the polls show that Sen. Biden won the debate (some 63% to rest)... atleast in the mins I watched, I don't think that much difference was there.. Biden seemed lackluster, with no points to hone or suggest. No clever comments, and no energy in his posture, presentation, and no serious points in discussion..

On the other hand.. practically every newspaper, tv commentators and so forth seem to agree that Sarah Palin did very well..

MSN says (quotin Post): Sarah Palin delivers
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27004258

NYTimes says: Palin Recaptures her image..
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/03/us...ref=television

and except for a handful of liberal commentators most seem to comment along those lines..

In my opinion.. I think the judgement of people is because Palin appears more folksy and unpolished on her statements. No so-called 'ivy-league' styles of debates and interviewing. The gaffes are more because of simply being on the biggest stage of her career. Nothing really to do either with her abilities or accomplishments.

~~~~~~~~~

Lettermen is not the biggest 'joe-six-pack' so to speak. I think his comments are more colored by his bias than even his comedy sense. I will bet ten bucks that he can't/won't find anything funny to talk about Biden/Obama. A comedian should have his talent to mock every one - irrespective of his political beliefs. Of late his talk show has been more unpaid ads for Dems than really comedy shows.

SNL too - in their good period - they made fun of McCain, Obama, and Clinton. Now that is comedy. If you can't see behind the gaffes you are not a comedian.

v-

Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by vasan View Post
    Watched only last ten or so mins on CSpan and read some commentaries.. hmm..

Although the polls show that Sen. Biden won the debate (some 63% to rest)... atleast in the mins I watched, I don't think that much difference was there.. Biden seemed lackluster, with no points to hone or suggest. No clever comments, and no energy in his posture, presentation, and no serious points in discussion..
    I think this conclusion is with just the last 10 minutes right? You shud have watched the entire debate.
    Very clearly she was not comfortable with many questions and just stuck with Energy.

BTW, Biden gave clearly their vision -

Energy - Clean coal and other alternative resources

When all she said was drill drill drill - When america has 25% consumption and only 3% of resource, where are we supposed to drill and pratically that would take years and years.

This was declared Biden's best debate ever. If you get chance please do watch it fully. it shud be in youtube.

Sarah was so lame. When she was asked to defend mccain;s health insurance, her response was, I am paraphrasing here - I will not answer this question as you and moderator want , but I will talk to the american people about my track record - WT

On the other hand.. practically every newspaper, tv commentators and so forth seem to agree that Sarah Palin did very well..

MSN says (quotin Post): Sarah Palin delivers
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27004258

NYTimes says: Palin Recaptures her image..
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/03/us...ref=television

and except for a handful of liberal commentators most seem to comment along those lines..
    See vasan.. For sarah her expectations were very low.. She should not make a fool of herself again. And to that, she did it well. But when it comes to something worth, giving confidence to people that presidency being a heartbeat away, will she be able to handle it - That was a big NO.. People still have doubts about her. That did not change.

Check out the poll numbers.. ~54% still have doubts..

But after the debate, Biedn got ~87% when it comes to a time he being the prez.

So yes, she did good - No idiotic answers.

But that doesnt cut it ;-)

In my opinion.. I think the judgement of people is because Palin appears more folksy and unpolished on her statements. No so-called 'ivy-league' styles of debates and interviewing. The gaffes are more because of simply being on the biggest stage of her career. Nothing really to do either with her abilities or accomplishments.
    because you can talk about hockey moms, joe-6-pack and have some folky deliveries, doesnt mean anything.

Infact, Biden very well conquered that area, when he was so emotional taking about the turn of troops.

This has nothing to do with if you are washington-class or not. It is about how much knowledge you have in handling the bigger responsibility.

~~~~~~~~~

Lettermen is not the biggest 'joe-six-pack' so to speak. I think his comments are more colored by his bias than even his comedy sense. I will bet ten bucks that he can't/won't find anything funny to talk about Biden/Obama. A comedian should have his talent to mock every one - irrespective of his political beliefs. Of late his talk show has been more unpaid ads for Dems than really comedy shows.
    After McCain stood him up like an ugly date and had an interview with Katie.. I dont blame him, you know ;-)

Shy
    Last edited by Shy; 10-03-2008 at 11:29 PM.
    I Geetham

even if ms Palin's inadequacies are laid bare for all to see- she still manages to come up with enough good publicity to keep her at the top of the polls...
    Obviously, she can't compete with the likes of J Bidden, and her Alaskan track record is rather appalling (did you know she made rape victim pay for their examination kits ... ).
    However, will the average American Citizen care? or will they be swayed by the "high School Election drama" that she's making this election into?
    The average American citizen seems a little wanting in common sense to me- after all they chose GW Bush twice ...
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelotus View Post
    The average American citizen seems a little wanting in common sense to me- after all they chose GW Bush twice ...
    Very true !!

Shy
    I Geetham

And they elected Bill Clinton before that..

Hindsight, as they say.. is 20/20..

I don't have bragging rights in this matter. Hey.. we had Jayalalitha as a CM.. several terms.. If you thought McCain is old, ask how old is MK.. and was Vaipayee.. and.. and.. and.. and..

Tell me one, and I will show you ten more..

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Shy....looks like that video is not available...I will have to check Youtube.....I did see bits and pieces of it in the news....I liked those top 10 you sent...I had missed that....

As per the debate....she is clearly evoking memories of how Dubya caught the attention of the conservative base appealing to them.....showing him as a regular Joe....unfortunately I doubt if this is going to get the undecided votes they need to win this election....It is surprising Palin is able to handle the big stage better compared to Katie interview and that is partially because she answers a different question everytime she is in a corner...pretty clever ahn.....but she did manage to come out reasonably okay without any mistakes....but the expectations were so low anyway...she definitely surpassed my expectation in that sense.....!!

One plus for Republicans is that they will be energized by this performance of Palin and will start using every trick now to get the undecided voters!!

Rural America has so much support support for the conservatives even with this scary economy and Dubya's policies and that's quite shocking....!!

Rural America has so much support support for the conservatives even with this scary economy and Dubya's policies and that's quite shocking....!!
    It shouldn't be a surprise. Their worries are much different from readers of NY Times and Post and living in the bicoastal areas....

What is truly surprising is the bicoastal people who claim they are more educated and such, have such lack of understanding of issues concerning the rural areas and what makes them tick. If they know, what those people need and how to address their concerns and speak to them, they may have success.

All Dems could do is to talk down to them and when they don't care, accuse them of lack of knowledge and intelligence. "I know more than you know and I am your superior, so you should vote for me" can hardly be a winning slogan. No wonder the Dem president who won in the recent times, actually came from Arkansas.

v-
    Short Measures

Exclamation Re: US Presidential Election - 2008

what ever the result is,the problem for Indians only ,obama and Macoin both r problems both are told, that going to stop the Out sourcing and the same time the market also dull in USA , so we have to wait what is going to happening ,,,,,,

-------------------------------------------
    Lara
    sreevyshcorp

Joe McManus, 62, Republican, Washington DC, lawyer
    Both candidates showed a complete lack of initiative of how to handle the credit crisis. The choice is clear; let's elect Gordon Brown.
    sure you can sir, but only in exchange for all your gold bullions - after all the Brits need to fill their coffers left empty by the Icelandic nonsense
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123