NFL Thread : 08-09 Season
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFL Thread : 08-09 Season

Default NFL Thread : 08-09 Season

The Big Bad Bold NFL Thread

2008-2009 Season

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New story lines may crop of over the next 16 or so weeks..

But Right NOW >>>>>

1) No Tom Brady. One of the biggest losses of New England Patriots happened during the very first quarter of the very first game of the season. Star quarterback, and defending NFL MVP, Tom Brady is injured and out for the entire season. Sucks big time..

But hey.. they are surviving.. 2:0 right now..

2) With much ado, and print and internet-cable-chatters, Brett Favre debuts for NY Jets. Won the first, and lost the second. Even bet that Jets don't get to the playoffs..

3) Cowboys and Giants.. Keeping it up and real..

4) The sad story of Vince Young and Titans..

And oh.. Although they are my neighbours, all I want to say to Chargers is.. we have had enough, guys. Shut up, stop whining, start playing.

Chat along people..

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Tom Brady - What a huge loss for the Pats..... I was looking forward to some Favre=Brady matchups....but sounds like Matt Cassel is doing quite well.....

Brady or not...that team is good enough to make the Playoffs...but am not sure after that...

Jets with Favre is my second fav team for obvious reasons....but not sure how much ammo they have....

I hate the GB mgmt but love the team....Go Packs and beat those cowboys next Sun night!!

Chargers....I feel sorry for em....but they can come back up....

Raiderssss ...are we going to play them this year?

Wow....another NFL season......my days are brighter now for the next 5 months or so....

Go Packers....Go Driver..Go Aaron!!

oh dear Teena ....meant days are brighter wrt to sportsssss!!

Am I in trouble or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Teena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadTownDude View Post

Am I in trouble or what?
    Well-timed silence has more eloquence than speech....

Seems like at least one of the goals of the thread are successfully met..

Doc.. cheer up.. its only football..
    Oh.. You can even share the hot-wings and chips.. No drinking for you though..

v-
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Yes Vasan....sounds like that goal has been met

....hot-wings/chips will be shared only for cheering the Packs though!!

Am I in trouble or what?
    Yes Vasan....sounds like that goal has been met

....hot-wings/chips will be shared only for cheering the Packs though!!

Teenaaaaa,
    vidatheeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Teena View Post

Am I in trouble or what?
    Dream is not what you see in your sleep; is the thing which does not let you sleep

Packers sucked big time against the boys!!With no running game.....unless they can step it up....the best they can do is maybe a wildcard playoff spot!!

Boys look very impressive....!!Good Offense......Great Receivers/Run game!!

Pats....first home loss in Years!!

Looks like Denver is still creeping up with those last minute wins!!

Loved to see the Bears Losing though!!

Go Favre....but seems he is losing it against the Chargers now!!

Feel almost sad for Favre.

Simply no protection for the QB and just over all poor defense as well.. Jets are ruining Favre's career..

Chargers won..

v-
    Short Measures

Yes Vasan.....feel quite sorry for Favre...Hope the Jets can give him more protection this week...or else he is toast....also their receivers are not in sync with Favre and I see no Jet with the power/speed to run down the field for the long ball.....

Chargers looked solid and definitely not like a 1-2 team!!

Packers playing Tampa.....looking forward to what kid of offense they bring up with....Run game sucks big time for them!!

Heavy loss for the Pats LW.....

Vasan....You thinks Brewers are going to scrape past the Mets for the wildcard spot?

As I am typing this Mets are one game behind.. and Brewers have the last three against Cubs, of which the first is being played. Cubs are already scored four and shut the brewers for the first five innings...

Going to be a nailbaiter, me thinks.. and bet on Mets..
    Poor Shy needs a team to cheer on the post season..

Besides it will be a nice present for Steinbrenner.. Yanks out, Mets in is as classic as it gets..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bucs have not shown any greatness this season so far..

Seems like only Broncos and Boys are exhibiting any sorta spirit.. May be Eli and Giants too..
    I think it will be an easy one against the redskins this weekend..

~~~~~~

College football.. USC lost.. now the 4th ranked Gators also lost by a measly one point..
    all things are funny this season, it seems..

v-
    Short Measures

Vintage Favre this weekend and Jets fans can rejoice and so do his Packer Favre fans....some of his razors were just bullets to the endzone....a throw from almost midfield to the endzone almost took a Jets player with it.....!!

I hope Favre can keep repeating this every weekend fo himself and stick it to the Packer Management.

wrt Packers.....it was a tough loss to Tampa but they have themselves to blame running just 20+ yards the whole game....Aaron Rodgers struggled big time with 3 INT's and poor guy got himself injured....unfortunately every injury he has in this physical game wil be judged against a man who played with pain for 16 season wo missing a game....Packers mgmt and its 3 stooges are idiots to put this man under such pressure!!

What a scary hit it was for that Arizona WR....AM GLAD he is going to be okay!!

+ Reply to Thread