Is the Death Penalty good for society ???????????? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Is Death Penality Good For Society??

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 31.33%
  • No

23 27.71%
  • Yes, but only when 100% sure of guilt

34 40.96%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Death Penalty good for society ????????????

The point is not about the degree of punishment... If u luk at it that way, DO U KNOW THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN REHABILITATED AND SENT OUT ON BAIL JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE SERVING LIFE SENTENCES, AND HALF WAY THROUGH THEY FELT BAD FOR WHAT THEY DID, AND FINALLY ENDED UP DOING SOCIAL SERVICE ????

Now that, I think, is a more effective / reasonable solution to dealing with criminals instead of taking away their life and not giving them a chance to feel sorry for what they did !!!

Theres nothing more in life for an individual other than to have time to think about his misdeeds and do something to erase those bad memories....

PS., CAPS is just to make a point... nothing else !!!
    It is not for me to attempt to fathom the inscrutable workings of Providence. -- The Earl of Birkenhead

Death penality should be given to person who take others life! there is nothing wrong if death penality is given to such type of person,if he is found guilty he should be sentenced to death, nothing wrong in it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie
    Quote Originally Posted by katteri
    '' A convicted victim is an example for others ,of how one should not lead such a life''
    True... A convicted individual shud serve as an example to others.... That does'nt mean a Convicted individual who is executed by a Death sentence will be alone a living example...

He can also be a LIVING EXAMPLE OF A CONVICTED INDIVIDUAL !!!!

Afterall who are we (As mere mortal human beings) to take the life of others ????

What do U mean by *Unless the rules are strict, people commit mistakes* ???? Do U mean to say that the CURRENT LAWS OF OUR NATIONS AND THE WORLD are not being held in Strict Implementation ???? Come on..... Think again !!!
    s OF COURSE OUR CURRENT LAWS ARE NOT STRINGENT.....u CAN SHOW ME N NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO DOESNT FEAR FOR ANYTHING OR ANYONE ... BUT U CANT FIND A PERSON WHO DOESNT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH....(IF U COULD FIND ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW-AND MY HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS TO HIM ALSO)...
    Fear of death not only makes criminals to think b4 they act but also saves the common man.For instance , in schoolings (either 10 th or+2) if u have been caught of copying u ll be debared from the examination...So oru payam irukanum thappu seiyaa koodathunnu,...
    I am back.........

Quote Originally Posted by madhu_aish1
    A nice and touchy topic to discuss . Here comes my part of argument..

First of all . the poll should have only 2 options. "yes" or "No". What does 100% guilty means . As per many countries law. The defendant is looked as Not guilty . It is the necessity of prosecution to prove guiltiness with records and Proofs. Until proved and convinced he can't be convicted. So 100% guilty doesn't make sense to me..
    Madhu
    Good comment madhu
    Thats what i said in my earlier whats 100 % guilty and 80% guilty..Sofia pls explain
    I am back.........

YES YES..

death penality is good for society. after this I dont want to argue on this topic becos of no time. So meet all you people in next pattimandram.

good topic fosia.

-Krishng.

As far as I am concerned when the tamils are given death sentence for assasination of Rajeev I felt that is a punishment that is too much..

But when kashmir terrorists who bombed parliament awarded death sentence I felt that is correct...

So the basis for what they had done the wrong thing matters in deciding the death sentence....

Stop this attitude of taking revenge and think clearly people
    To build a good society there is no wrong in supporting death penalty..and it is given to someone who deserves it... so how come it is a revenge taking attitude friend?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie
    '' A convicted victim is an example for others ,of how one should not lead such a life''
    True... A convicted individual shud serve as an example to others.... That does'nt mean a Convicted individual who is executed by a Death sentence will be alone a living example...

He can also be a LIVING EXAMPLE OF A CONVICTED INDIVIDUAL !!!!

Afterall who are we (As mere mortal human beings) to take the life of others ????

What do U mean by *Unless the rules are strict, people commit mistakes* ???? Do U mean to say that the CURRENT LAWS OF OUR NATIONS AND THE WORLD are not being held in Strict Implementation ???? Come on..... Think again !!!
    s OF COURSE OUR CURRENT LAWS ARE NOT STRINGENT.....u CAN SHOW ME N NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO DOESNT FEAR FOR ANYTHING OR ANYONE ... BUT U CANT FIND A PERSON WHO DOESNT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH....(IF U COULD FIND ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW-AND MY HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS TO HIM ALSO)...
    Fear of death not only makes criminals to think b4 they act but also saves the common man.For instance , in schoolings (either 10 th or+2) if u have been caught of copying u ll be debared from the examination...So oru payam irukanum thappu seiyaa koodathunnu,...
    EVERY SINGLE (so-called) TERRORIST (because they call themself freedom fighters, fighting for their right to live in a place of their own) WHO DIES ARE INDIVIDUALS WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH

EVERY SINGLE CHECHEN REBEL WHO TOOK HOSTAGES IN A MOSCOW THEATRE ARE PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH !!

EVERY SINGLE HIJACKER WHO CRASHED INTO THE WTC ARE PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH

EVERY SINGLE KASHMIRI INSURGENT WHO STORMED THE PARLIAMENT ARE PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH!!!

EVERY SINGLE SOMALIAN CIVILIAN WHO FOUGHT AGAINST THE US in 1993 / 1994 (for reference, the Black Hawk Down incident) ARE PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH !!!

Look closely and u will find that fighting against such people / executing them by a death penalty is not going to do any good, coz there are many more waiting to get to the frontlines.... And Even before U wud give them a death sentence and take away their life, they wud have been dead !!! Can U understand ????

Dont talk about people not having fear of death in this world.... The current world is full of people who dont have fear of death and those who are willing to do whatever it needs to even live a life for single second peacefully.....

There is no point in comparing a school punishment for copying / a criminal .... that dusnt make any sense whatsoever......

The fear of death does not make people like the ones I mentioned think... Rather It wud make them more hard becoz they know that anyway they are going to die... whether it be by a suicide belt bomb or by the guns of a execution squad !!!! So all that matters to them is why not complete their job before they die in whatever way !!

Death Sentence is NOT GOING TO DO ANY GOOD, least being taking away the life of a human being .......... Which I THINK, We as fellow human beings, and mere mortals, DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO !!!!!
    It is not for me to attempt to fathom the inscrutable workings of Providence. -- The Earl of Birkenhead

I dont agree with DEATH penality as a punishment. But for those who are eligible by their deeds should be isolated till death.
    [b]sleep... [/b

And dont tell me the current laws are not stringent in conatining the public... that may be the case in our country where the same law can be applied in a different manner to the common man and to the Influentia or political person.....

I am goddamn sure Laws of the world in General (right from the VISA laws to travel laws to general laws for the well being of the society) are being implemented in full force and strict treatment.... Atleast thats wat I can see from the way people Live here where I am not... and In other countries too....

EVERY SINGLE (so-called) TERRORIST (because they call themself freedom fighters, fighting for their right to live in a place of their own) WHO DIES ARE INDIVIDUALS WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH

EVERY SINGLE CHECHEN REBEL WHO TOOK HOSTAGES IN A MOSCOW THEATRE ARE PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH !!

EVERY SINGLE HIJACKER WHO CRASHED INTO THE WTC ARE PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH

EVERY SINGLE KASHMIRI INSURGENT WHO STORMED THE PARLIAMENT ARE PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH!!!
    EACH OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE ONE THING IN COMMON, THEY DO NOT FEAR THEIR DEATH BUT THEY FEAR THEIR FAMILIES DEATH

WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT TERRORISTS IT IS ALTOGETHER IN A DIFFERENT DIMENSION.

Would killing their families would stop terrorism?. Thats what Isreal has been doing for years. And Russia did it last year. Did they succed?
    [b]sleep... [/b

Thats what I am also trying to say.... Either killing the criminal himself / their families is NOT GOING to do any good !!!

Did U read all my postings ??? Guess u wud understand better abt what I am trying to say if U did just that.....

When people like these prepared to die no matter how, then what is the point of awarding a death penalty and bragging about it ????

Rather I wud prefer keeping them alive, say under a life imprisonment, away from the eyes of their family, and make them feel what loss and loneliness is all about.... Guess that wud have a greater impact on the individual / as well as others who are related to this individual, since once he realizes the mistakes he will be in a position to advice others against do similar things in the future....

And just because U pointed it out, LEMME tell u something... Just because the Russians / Israeli' have gotten carried away and started attacking the terrorists families, THEY ARE DOING NOTHING BUT ADDING MORE FUEL TO THE ALREADY RAGING INFERNO !!!!!!!!!! U r going to see more blood when U treat people this way... and this wud be the same case for a Death penalty too........ No Good... But More harm !!! Thats wat will happen....

Sweetie I am on your side of argument ...
    [b]sleep... [/b

Gud for u King_143 .... :P

Good comment madhu
    Thats what i said in my earlier whats 100 % guilty and 80% guilty..Sofia pls explain
    100% guilty is nothing but when a person doing harm to the society forever.....hope u understand....

Be Happy......
    Download -Filesonic-Premium-Accounts-(Updated-Daily)
    http://www.geetham.net/forums/showthread.php?40717

Sweetie I am on your side of argument ...
    Sorry King As per the rules "U cant jump from one team to another team"

Thank u

Be Happy.....
    Download -Filesonic-Premium-Accounts-(Updated-Daily)
    http://www.geetham.net/forums/showthread.php?40717

I dont agree with DEATH penality as a punishment. But for those who are eligible by their deeds should be isolated till death.
    Sofi,
    I did not change my party, The above statement is my first statement
    [b]sleep... [/b

Friends,
    Does any one know what happened to the (so called )Doctor who was involved in (minor age) sex film scandal. I think that ______ should get some kind of punishment seeing which no other ______ should dare to attempt such things.
    I thing some kind of hilter level torture (in public) should keep atleast few such __________ from doing these things.

I think death sentence would be too small for him
    [b]sleep... [/b

I think that ______ should get some kind of punishment seeing which no other ______ should dare to attempt such things.
    king,
    wat abt chopping off the part, which played major role in the crime, like the way its done in saudi .... ....so that the ppl get a shiver to even think of the nature of punishment if caught?

naughty
    [shadow=red:e593bb7649]- Naughty...... [/shadow:e593bb7649]

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast