Is the Death Penalty good for society ???????????? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Is Death Penality Good For Society??

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 31.33%
  • No

23 27.71%
  • Yes, but only when 100% sure of guilt

34 40.96%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Death Penalty good for society ????????????

Wat comenaughty said makes some sense in some way I guess... Coz that way, U instill real fear and reasoning in the mind of the people, without taking the life of an individual... But still when someone categorizes the same punishments as torture and that shud not be done, it makes u think twice ... Is'nt it ?????

Anyway,... waiting for more from others !!!
    It is not for me to attempt to fathom the inscrutable workings of Providence. -- The Earl of Birkenhead

Heres the link to the picture of the person involved . This ______________ is in USA. I searched all the websites but the news people have changed the crime details form Minor to Patients. If it would be a minor involved case then it would be more serious in USA than the later. He would get atleast 200 - 250 years of imprisonment , but not a life termer.

http://raseenalah.tripod.com/karaikal/news/page20.html
    [b]sleep... [/b

KING_143

Could you please *EXPLAIN* to me the difference (if any) between a Life Sentence and a 200 to 250 years of Imprisonment ??????

Dont U think both of 'em wud've the same impact ???? Provided in either case, the person does'nt get bail n comes out before he is actually feeling rehabilitated !!!!
    It is not for me to attempt to fathom the inscrutable workings of Providence. -- The Earl of Birkenhead

In US generally they add all the terms of the crimes done and give a solid number of years.
    But in India , life sentences are given and generally you cant add the terms like for 1 rape = 7 years , then 3 rapes = 21 years, true in USA but not in india. And a life sentence is for 13 years.
    [b]sleep... [/b

Okay ppl... according to US law system, they spend several thousand dollars for each criminal per month. If as per sweetie, if some hard core criminal is to be kept in solitary prison, imagine how much they have to spend on him - just with a baseless hope of this guy realising his sins!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, how is he going to be a lesson?! Giving a death penalty in a way secures the society from this criminal. Most of the criminals out here are X-convicts. Many come out in bail and do the same crime. why to leave such ppl into the society?

Adding one more point:

Not sure if u guys know this: here in US , if a person is sentenced to say 8 yrs, that doesn't mean he is goin to serve whole 8 yrs.

Firstly: the term starts from NOT when he is sentenced but starts when he is on trial.

Next: For every day he spends in correctional facility on any training program/ works in the facility, one day (or some hrs - not sure) is reduced from his term period. One reason for this is to reduce the dollars (our social security money) spent on him.

Sweetie: if to be practical, US has no way. Death penalty is a must to pull these weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by truepenny
    One reason for this is to reduce the dollars (our social security money) spent on him.

Sweetie: if to be practical, US has no way. Death penalty is a must to pull these weeds.
    dude... what kind of argument is this.. I dont see any valid point here.. To decrease spending ..do we have to start increasing death penalties..

This implies me that you might support ..If a person overspeeds or doesn't stop in Stop sign give him death sentence, So that fear would be instilled in the minds of public.. DO you think value of Life is more than violating rules..

Madhu
    Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing their idiot (re: George W. Bush)

Truepenny .... If U think about the cost involved in keeping a person (a criminal) in solitary confinement and so the best way to avoid this is to KILL HIM (read as death sentence), then there is hardly one can say with regard to arguement !!!

I dunno wat U r trying to get at or trying to say !!!

As u say, the number of terms is reduced based on the time spent in a CORRECTIONAL / REHABILITATION FACILITY .... What does that mean dude ??? Does'nt that mean that the person has undergone a transformation in his life and when he comes out he will surely reach to as many people as he can and spread the message that he has learnt !!!!

IF THERE IS NO WAY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TURN AROUND THEIR LIFE BY LIFE IMPRISONMENTS / CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES / REHABILITATION CENTERS, THEN WHY DO MOST OF THE PRISONS / JAILS / DETENTION CENTERS HAVE ALL THESE FACILITIES ANNEXED TO THEM ????

Is'nt it because every human being, watever hardcore criminal he may be, has got the inner thoughts which at some point in his / her life, will make him think about the right things to do and the wrong things to avoid doing... This is wat I meant when I said a coupla posts earlier that everyone shud be given time to come out of their shell and start living a life with remorse... If no one shows remorse even after a 1000 Years in prison (assuming man can live so long), EVEN THEN I wud not put that man to death... I wud give him more time and keep him in confinement .......

If U worry about the money being spent on Criminals by keeping them in detention, then I think U have not realised that THEY ARE THE PEOPLE WHO NEED THE UTMOST ATTENTION, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES WHO NEED THEIR LIFE TO BE TURNED AROUND AND THEY ARE THE ONES WHO NEED HELP !!!

Every one has the potential to commit criminal activities... U r talking so much now... U Will never know when ur mind / thought decides to give way in a fit of rage and U may do the same crime...... What wud u expect the law to do then ??? PUT YOU DEATH RIGHT ???

huhhhhh.... Above all else, I wish people start respecting other People' lives and value them..... Dusnt mean u kill someone coz he is a criminal.. in Ur eyes he is a criminal... in my eyes he is someone who lost his mind due to various factors such as Society / Situations / Professional Life / Personal Life etc etc..... NO ONE IS BORN A CRIMINAL !!!! In that case there is nothing wrong in spending on such people and HELP THEM GET THEIR TRUE LIFE BACK !!!!!!!!!

[quote="sweetie"][quote="katteri"][quote="sweetie"]
    Quote Originally Posted by katteri
    '' A A convicted individual shud serve as an example to others.... That EVERY SINGLE (so-called) TERRORIST (because they call themself freedom fighters, fighting for their right to live in a place of their own) WHO DIES ARE INDIVIDUALS WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH

EVERY SINGLE CHECHEN REBEL WHO TOOK HOSTAGES IN A MOSCOW THEATRE ARE PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH !!

EVERY SINGLE HIJACKER WHO CRASHED INTO THE WTC ARE PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE FEAR OF DEATH
    !!!!!
    Do u know the exact reason behind their operation they r forced to do this...No one is ready to accept death.As u said abt terrorist once they r captured they ll prefer to die bcos they dont want to undergo sever torture...
    AN EYE FOR AN EYE AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH...Bcos thalaiavliyum muthukuvaliyum avan vanaukku vanthal than theriyum....
    Cu 2 morrow
    I am back.........

Katteri... Un perukku suit aagara maathiri thaan pesara nee ... :P

I think one of the posters already posted abt *AN EYE FOR AN EYE AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH* ... Then obviously the whole world wud be blind !!!

** Bcos thalaiavliyum muthukuvaliyum avan vanaukku vanthal than theriyum**

Atha thaan naanum solren.... Criminals entha vagaiyila intha maathiri kaariyam panna ennam vanthathu nu namakku enna theriyum ??? Ithai ellam yosikkaama summa summa death sentence kuduthuttu iruntha urupada mudiyaathu Katteri.....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie
    Katteri... Un perukku suit aagara maathiri thaan pesara nee ... :P
    Thanks mate neeyum vun perukku thakuntha mathirir rombha sweet a than pesura ...innipa pesuna mayankiduvankala .....illai hard a pesuna payanthuvankala ....
    See Sweetie every suspect (whatever countyr they r in )are undergone several levels of investigation and then only they r labelled as criminals.Based upon the level & intensity of crime they have done punishment will be given.
    Namma topic ill irunthu divert akarai mathiri theiryuthu,..understand the complete meaning.....An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth..
    We wud have seen so many riots in our country During the riots if police /military force doesnt come into act people will steal everything from the shop and do all sorts of **********.You wud have seen what happened in Iraq...there were no medicines left...
    I am not saying all the criminals shd be hanged...
    Based upon the level of crime and the intention behind it shd be investigatedthorughly and then judgement shd be given..
    puriyalai na 100 roopa thirudankuu death sentence kodukalamma....koodathu.. athe criminals convicted of rape, child kidnapping ku.. death sentence than best...
    I am back.........

Atha thaan naanum solren.... Criminals entha vagaiyila intha maathiri kaariyam panna ennam vanthathu nu namakku enna theriyum ??? Ithai ellam yosikkaama summa summa death sentence kuduthuttu iruntha urupada mudiyaathu Katteri.....
    ''In late 10 the century where kings ruled our land... they used to kill criminals and hang only their heads in pole''
    I cudnt remember which book but its one of the famous book, when queen requested the king to drop such activities in future, king told her if i leave this criminals will increase and my welfare of people is lost .Kudi makkali kappathu arasanin kadamai...athu pole its the duty of govt to protect its people from criminals..As u know our constituion has lot of loop holes...still if he cant escape from such holes think how big the crime wud be ...
    avan valarathai vida savathe mell....
    I am back.........

Avan varathai vida saavarathe mel nu nee solla koodaathu KAATERI.... Even u r a mere mortal and so am I and so is everyone .......

Just becoz u r the King or the Queen or someone who believes in their words, shud u go arnd hanging people whom U deem fit to die rather than to live !!

But nee solrathu puriyuthu... Appadi rapists / murderers / etc etc for whom u say that death sentence is the best, wat is the use ??? Just by putting them to death all that U r managing to achieve is SATISFYING UR OWN HUNGER FOR REVENGE !!! Thats all....... Vera onnum kidaikkaathu.... Leave alone Putting another family in distress with the loss of a Life...

Wat difference will it make if U keep the same individual Under life imprisonment without any parole ???? It wud still have the same effect right.... he wud live but he wud go thru more pain tha death because he is living within the confines of the Prison !!! Without any luxury in life....

Taking a life does NOT IN ANY WAY justify YOUR ACTIONS / OR THE INDIVIDUAL CRIMINAL's actions !!!

By the way ... Naan sweet aa irukken / pesaren nu sonnathukku thanks... but naan sweet aa pesarathu unna mayakkavum illa.... Illa ennaiye perumaiya portray pannavum illa.. So alaiyaatha enna .....

Wat difference will it make if U keep the same individual Under life imprisonment without any parole ???? It wud still have the same effect right.... he wud live but he wud go thru more pain tha death because he is living within the confines of the Prison !!! Without any luxury in life....

Taking a life does NOT IN ANY WAY justify YOUR ACTIONS / OR THE INDIVIDUAL CRIMINAL's actions !!!

By the way ... Naan sweet aa irukken / pesaren nu sonnathukku thanks... but naan sweet aa pesarathu unna mayakkavum illa.... Illa ennaiye perumaiya portray pannavum illa.. So alaiyaatha enna .....
    Kaaka kaaka style la soona y to waste the govt expenses if already govt doesnt have enough resources to support common people...Death sentence is a lesson to the future community too....For eg vunka vettila sollirupankaa.. exam ku pokum pothu ozhungha namma vunduu nama velai vundu nu poi exam ezhithittu vaa nu..copy ethuvum adikathe...Yarukkavath kammiya mark vankanum aasai irukumaaa..(suppose if u dont knwo any of the qns).If u do not want to take risk(RISK -PAYAM COLLEGE IL IRUNTHU DEBAR PANNIU VANKOLUNU.. u have seen or heard some one abt consequences of copying) wht u will do , ull try to answer as many qns u know and come out of exam hall i f u want to take a risk u ll attempt to copy... if u r lucky enuf ur not caught of copying ...if ur unlucky ur caught thats how some cases againsts criminal succed ...so most of the criminals escape from loop holes .. antha loop holes ellam thappi ka mudiyathvan evalavu periya kadinch edutha criminal a irruppan.....
    I am back.........

Sweetie starting le irunthe vunka kanakku thappa irukku ...
    Thappana vatham thokuura katchil iruukenkaaa ...appuram ennai alaiyarenu solrenkaa ....(topic a vittu veliye pokathenkaaa
    Name sweet a h vechikittu ..karam a m pesathenkaaa)
    Vunka life le ya eduthu kitta nenka niraiya thapu panni irrupneka (illai nu sweet pesi thapika parkathenka- nan niriay panni irukken).Thappukm right kum ore oru differenc than .. Antha line location .athe mathir thappana decison kum right an decison kum oru difference ORU line distance...antha line POSITION il irunthu yosikaa solluthu 'LAWS;;
    THIRUMBHAVUM SOLREN THOKIRAA KATHCIYLL IRUKENKAAAA......
    I am back.........

INNUM ONNU IPPO VARAIKKUM ...POLL LE PARUNKAA
    Poll :: Is Death Penality Good For Society??
    YES -8
    NO- 5
    I am back.........

INNUM ONNU IPPO VARAIKKUM ...POLL LE PARUNKAA
    Poll :: Is Death Penality Good For Society??
    YES -8
    NO- 5
    Good Comments from Katteri and Sweetie.....But u know that results of Poll will not help to make a team as a Winner....Keep it in Mind.....

And Sweetie I Agree with what Katteri said.....

Sweetie starting le irunthe vunka kanakku thappa irukku ...
    Thappana vatham thokuura katchil iruukenkaaa ...appuram ennai alaiyarenu solrenkaa ....(topic a vittu veliye pokathenkaaa
    Please talk related to the topic....

And Comenaughty What Happened to u and Shy??? Why u ppls not Participating?

Thank u

Be Happy......
    Download -Filesonic-Premium-Accounts-(Updated-Daily)
    http://www.geetham.net/forums/showthread.php?40717

Just by putting them to death all that U r managing to achieve is SATISFYING UR OWN HUNGER FOR REVENGE !!!
    i dont understand why it is being regarded as an act of satisfying revenge?? a person is executed bcos he deserves to be...there is no revenge attitude in that..

the indian army shoots down the infiltrants at the border...they are taking away the life of a human being..Are they doing it for satisfying the hunger for revenge??? if you say yes to this better move into pakistan buddy ...the army is just protecting the other innocents inside our country...same is the case in death sentence no revenge attitude it is just an act of punishing the criminal..so dont regard it as an act of revenge ok??

fear of death will hold a person back from doing a crime and if he/she doesn`t have that fear no worries in hanging him/her to death..

In which side sweetie is arguing will win. WHichever the side may be.. I am 100% sure.
    I am not telling this but my past experience is telling this..

I think now itself we can finish this topic.

In which side sweetie is arguing will win. WHichever the side may be.. I am 100% sure.
    I am not telling this but my past experience is telling this..

I think now itself we can finish this topic
    Dont worry about that Father....Cheer up....Why cant u participate in this Patti Mandram against Sweetie and show ur talents to everyone in Geeetham....Comeon Father....waiting for ur speech.....

Dont think that Sweetie's team will win up....Have u seen many messages from his opponents are really Fantasic....Sweetie's Arguements are very very good though...He is Making this topic much more interesting like others too.....

But Sofia will allot results only for messages that is clear and pucca.....
    Thats the hard thing now in this Patti Mandram...All are playing a very good role for their team...I dunno what to do for the results.....

Again I should try the same type of conclusion that
    I have said last time.....mmmmm God Knows Everything....

Be Happy...
    Download -Filesonic-Premium-Accounts-(Updated-Daily)
    http://www.geetham.net/forums/showthread.php?40717

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast