Why to read gita ?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why to read gita ?

Default Why to read gita ?

An old farmer lived on a farm in the mountains with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Bhagavad-gita. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, “Grandpa! I try to read the Bhagavad-gita just like you but I don’t understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Bhagavad-gita do?”

The grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, “Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water.”

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, “You’ll have to move a little faster next time,” and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead. The old man said, “I don’t want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You’re just not trying hard enough,” and he went outside to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house.

The boy again dipped the basket into the river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, “See Grandpa, it’s useless!”
    “So you think it is useless?” The old man said, “Look at the basket.” The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.

“Son, that’s what happens when you read the Bhagavad-gita. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Lord Krishna in our lives.”

Here are Some quotes on Gita from Great People

When I read the Bhagavad-Gita, the only question left is how God created the universe. Everything else seems to be superfluous.” - Albert Einstein.

“The balance of mind which few highly-civilized individuals, such as Arjuna, the hero of Bhagavad-Gita, can maintain in action is difficult for most of us even as observers.”
    T. S. Eliot. - American-English Poet.

“The deeper you dive into it, richer the meaning you get…with every age, the important words will carry new and expanding meanings. But its central teachings will not vary.”
    Mahatma Gandhi.

“Let the Gita be to you a mine of diamonds as it has been to me. Let it be your constant guide and friend on life’s way. Let it light your path and dignify your labor.” Mahatma Gandhi.

“When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and I see not one ray of hope on the horizon, I turn to Bhagavad-Gita and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow.” - Mahatma Gandhi.

“It gives utterance to the aspirations of the pilgrims of all sects who seek to tread the inner way to the city of God.” - Dr. S. Radhakrishnan.

“In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavad-Gita, in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seem puny and trivial.” - Henry David Thoreau.

“In the great teaching of the Vedas, there is no touch of sectarianism. It is of all ages, climes and nationalities and is the royal road for the attainment of the Great Knowledge”. - Thoreau. - American Thinker.

“It is already becoming clearer that a chapter which has a western beginning will have to have an Indian ending if it is not to end in the self-destruction of the human race… At this supremely dangerous moment in history the only way of salvation for mankind is the Indian Way”.- Dr. Arnold Toynbee.- British Historian 1889-1975.

Shridhar Bhatt

Thanks for the Story. I hope I heared this earlier. The modern grandson will tell Thatha you are a nut, how come one fetch water with a basket and will never do that repeatedly and the basket will remain dirty. There is a old saying in tamil, "Moothor sollum , Muthu Nellikaiyum Munne Kasakum Pinne Inikum" ( the advices of Elderly persons and riped Gooseberry will be bitter at first but later it will be Very sweet.)

thanks for the story and quotes

Dear Shridhar Bhatt ji,
    Many thanks for the story.
    May Jagadamba bless your Vedanta Classes Shravanam.

Another link with illustrations http://media.radiosai.org/journals/V...07/12-Gita.htm

Regards,
    Sendhil

Very Nice one sir. Thank you.

Blog Entries

thank you sir

Doanh nghiệp chúng tôi với thương hiệu ASIA cam kết hoạt ðộng liên tục 24/24h ðể ðáp ứng cho khách hàng về tiến ðộ, bên cạnh ðó chúng tôi cũng ðầu tý quan tâm ðến chất lýợng cũng nhý giá thành ðể luôn cùng sát cánh bên quý khách hàng trong một môi trườngcạnh tranh của nền kinh tế sôi động Việt Nam.

CHUYÊN:

-
    GIA CÔNG sõn  TĨNH ÐIỆN- Sõn tĩnh ðiện Việt Nhật - Nhôm thanh định hình - Sõn vân gỗ nhôm- Sõn nón bảo hiểm- Sõn tĩnh ðiện- Sõn tĩnh ðiện nhôm.- Gia công sõn vân gỗ nhôm- Sõn tĩnh ðiện kệ chứa hàng- Sõn tĩnh ðiện thang máng cáp- Sõn tĩnh ðiện tủ ðiện- Gia công cõ khí: cắt chấn tole, inox...- Sõn tĩnh ðiện kệ siêu thị - Sõn tĩnh ðiện vách ngãn vãn phòng -Sõntĩnhðiện lan can kênhNhiêu Lộc Thị Nghè-gia công nhúng nóng,gia công mạ kẽm - Sõn tĩnh ðiện cửa gió,hàng rào, lan can cầu thang...- Sõn tĩnh ðiện gia công- Sõn tĩnh ðiện nhôm- Gia công cõkhí- Sõn tĩnh ðiện cửachống cháy-Sõn tĩnh ðiện nhựa-Sõn tĩnh ðiện kệ chứahàng, bàn ghế nhôm, sắt mỹ nghệ, quạt hút, tole tấm, các sản phẩm cõ khí, xây dựng,các sản phẩm cõ khí xuất khẩu ,sõn tĩnh ðiện lan can Ðại Lộ Ðông Tây,sõn tĩnh ðiện lan can kênh Nhiêu Lỗ (Thị Nghè)...
    Nhận 
    sõn tĩnh ðiện các khu vực Long An,Biên Hòa,Thủ Đức ,Bình Chánh , Bình Dýõng,Ðồng Nai,Củ Chi,Hóc Môn ,TP Hồ Chí Minh,KCN Việt Nam – Singapore,KCN Sóng Thần,KCN Xuyên Á,KCN Tân Tạo ,KCN Vĩnh Lộc và các tỉnh lân cận.Quận 9,Quận 2,sõn tĩnh ðiện Tân Bình,sõn tĩnh ðiện Bình Tân...
    *Có xe giao nhận hàng tận nõi.

Tag: son tinh dien,sõn tĩnh ðiện,gia cong son tinh dien,nhom dinh hinh,gia cong in van go

+ Reply to Thread