Soundharyalahari - Thethiyur Subramanya Sastrigal
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soundharyalahari - Thethiyur Subramanya Sastrigal

Default Soundharyalahari - Thethiyur Subramanya Sastrigal

Dear friends,
    This one of the best Soundharyalahari commentaries available in Tamil.
    It was written by a devout Sri Vidya Upasaka & Vedanti Thethiyur Subramanya Sastrigal
    I came to know of this mahan when I happened to come across a treasure house of discourses from Sankara Gurukulam. Many thanks to Nallananbar Sir for sharing the Lalitha Sahasranama Discourse - because of which I found the link to Sankara Gurukulam on mediafire.com. Please download and make use of this treasure.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1i...aryalahari.pdf

The following is an excerpt from Kanchi Periva Forum thread on Thethiyur Subramanya Sastrigal & this specific Soundharyalahari Commentary.

I am starting on this Topic with the blessing of Mahaperiva so that we can continue to share the information about this Mahan.

The moment Soundarya Lahari is mentioned Adi Shankars's picture comes in our mind, equally to many of the SriVidya Upasakas Thtthiyur Subramanys Sastrigal's name will come to mind. He is so synonymous with this wonder literature his commentary is phenomenal.Even the delicate of delicate has been rendered lucid with his exemplary commentary.

Thethiyur Subrmaniya satrigal born in 1885 and lived till 1954 and lived a complete Sastric life. His mission was to spread the Vedic knowledge and Advaita philosophy thro’ his lectures and activities. Sri Sastrigal a devout Sri Vidya Upasakar -his lectures were lucid and drawing lot of crowds and his selfless life was demonstrated, when at end of the each lecture the proceeds were distributed to the philanthropic acts!

He has written commentaries for Slokas ,only a person of such attainment and tapas could write such wonderful commentary on Soundaryalahari, a delicate literary master piece of Adi Sankaracharya.

Sri Sastrigal’s devotion to Adi Sankara is remarkable and was displayed in the annual Sankara Jayanti celebration. Pinnacle of the devotion reached when Sankara Gurukulam ( C.P.Ramaswami Street ( not Road) , Abhiramapuram, Chennai) was established by him in his own land way back in 1940s!

Till now the Annual Sankara Jayanthi Celebration is being celebrated continuously without break. This Gurukulam is such a serene place to visit, those who visit will long to settle down in its vicinity rather than searching for a more serene place! Thus it is no wonder that Senior pontiffs of Mutts ( both Kanchi and Sringeri) visited the place and the present head of both the mutts pontiffs continue to visit this Ashram.

More information would be shared in future post. Members are also welcome to share more information on this Mahan.

From: http://www.periva.proboards.com/thre...#ixzz2dzrtycTh
    Ainkara Hreenkara Rahasya Yuktha Sreenkara Koodartha MahaVibuthya
    Omkara Marma Prathipathineebhyam Namo Namaha Shri Guru Padhukabhyam

Regards,
    Sendhil

Thank u for providing this very rare link.

Thanks very much

Thanks very much

mikka nanRi

Thank you for the information about the pdf and for sharing the link. Thanks to Kitcha also....
    VSeenu

Thank you so much for this. Its a great treasure ! I am always grateful to you

Thank you so much for this. Its a great treasure !

Thanks a lot for the precious upload

Thanks Sri Sendhil for the upload. Thanks also for the brief note on Sri Subramanya Sastri.
    Gowrishankar

thanks so much for another wonderful book..

It is indeed a great treasure and no words to express my sincere thanks to you for the treasure.
    Subbu

Thank you...

Thanks for PDF of Soundharya Lahari by Thethiyur Subramanya Sastrigal

Many thanks for sharing this!

Thank you very much for uploading this bhasyam.

thank you so much sir , great and rare upload

Dear Sir

Thank you for this wonderful subject.

BS

RAM RAM

Thank you for sharing this nice link.

With regards,

ERS

Can any one help me to buy this book (any shops in chennai , where I can get this book ,enquired in giri ,and it is not available )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast