Help! Unable to Post a New Thread
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! Unable to Post a New Thread

Exclamation Help! Unable to Post a New Thread

Dear Administrator(s)/Moderator(s)

I thought of starting a new thread on the topic 'Discourses by Trichy K Kalyanaraman' as many links for his discourses are dead but unfortunately I couldn't. When I click the 'Post a new thread' tab, it says 'Your account doesn't have sufficient privilege'.. Help needed!

I could post my comments on threads though.
    Last edited by royalmechwarrior; 03-23-2014 at 06:24 PM.

You are a new member (?!!!). You need certain number of posts before you get the privilege to start threads or add links to posts !!! So first thoroughly go through various sections, keep posting your replies. Before you start a thread please use the search option ( right top corner) for any earlier uploads., with different spellings and ensure you did not create a DUPLICATE THREAD.

Just to add a working link for an existing thread, please don't create a new thread !!! Simply add your link to the old thread. Hope you understand. " name of the Artist - name of the Topic" - is the system maintained for thread title. Please add short review or an introduction to topic & details ( say number of files etc ) , so that members clearly decide to take it or not. Have a happy stay with Geetham. Valga Valamudan.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I'm a new member. Created the ID long back but active for about a week or so. How many posts required to get the privilege of starting new threads?

Yes, If I start a thread I will definitely give details such as

Topic/Title, Name of the artist, No of files, Size of the files and Duration.

and I will definitely search on the topic/artist before posting. However, many links are dead and there are many requests made by new members (including me)..

many links are dead and there are many requests made by new members (including me)..
    Vanakkam Nanba,

Yes, but it is unavoidable. You will know the reasons in due course. Recently mediafire changed its policy and deletes the data if the uploader did not sign in for a certain period of time so also when the files are not downloaded for some period it deletes it. Now tell me how many times you will upload and reupload the same files ? It happens with Rapidshare and other sites also. What happened to Megaupload ?!!! etc., ?!!!

Secondly there is a Dharma for everyone. When somebody downloads from a thread, is it not his Dharma to acknowledge with gratitude to reply that thread ?!!! (please note the uploaders not create thread just to get these 'thanks', but only when a thread is replied it gets bumped up, and many more new members and even old members who missed those threads earlier can use it. As replying to the threads is not mandatory here in Geeetham, majority members 'LOOT' without a say and in turn the files are deleted.( just check number of views and replies combination - in many cases it is not even 5% ) Only when a link not working, many members reply to those threads as request for re-upload. This is the common thing happening here.

So I request you to understand these happenings first before you create threads. Hope you understand it correctly. All the best, we are here to help you. Valga Valamudan.

Thanks for that briefing Covai. Appreciated! Yes, I did see the diff in views & replies. Views are in 4/5 digits while replies are barely in two digits which is very sad. There was a forum called '***********', where to get the links for the download you have to reply and hit the thanks button. Maybe the moderators here should follow that strategy.

Finally posted a thread!!! Yahoooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by royalmechwarrior View Post
    Finally posted a thread!!! Yahoooooo!
    All the best. Thanks for you good intention to share, but there is a a separate section for Youtube links. ( Mattran Thotathu Malligai ), so correct yourself next time.

http://www.geetham.net/forums/forumd...tathu-Malligai

http://www.geetham.net/forums/forumd...be-Collections

Quote Originally Posted by Meenatchi View Post
    All the best. Thanks for you good intention to share, but there is a a separate section for Youtube links. ( Mattran Thotathu Malligai ), so correct yourself next time.

http://www.geetham.net/forums/forumd...tathu-Malligai

http://www.geetham.net/forums/forumd...be-Collections
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know about those two sections. Mods can move the thread to the 'Youtube section'. Hereafter, will post correctly..

Blog Entries

Long back I started in IT related topics a thread under coption job opening in chennai requesting elgible candidate to apply.Now it has become obsolete. The thread may be removed. Please help me. Atleast remove my message. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by joywala View Post
    Long back I started in IT related topics a thread under coption job opening in chennai requesting elgible candidate to apply.Now it has become obsolete. The thread may be removed. Please help me. Atleast remove my message. Thanks in advance.
    Your thread is here : - http://www.geetham.net/forums/showth...pening+chennai

You can use "Edit" option for changes. Hope this helps. Valga Valamudan.

Default Help!

I request my post #864 ...

http://www.geetham.net/forums/showth...anda-ji/page44

to deleted, since I don't see any 'edit option' may be being not eligible. This will be appreciated. Thanks.

(Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.)

Why i am getting this
    message sometimes?.whenever this message comes the thread which i have posted is not displayed.

+ Reply to Thread