Skimpily clad girls.....
Closed Thread

Thread: Skimpily clad girls.....

Default Skimpily clad girls.....

hi all,
    i have this interesting topic based on observation in real life.... we all know india is getting westernized with respect to clothing and the amount of skin girls expose is on the rise now-a-days.... lots of girls started wearing this macro/mini/nano/watever skirts and real skimpy tops..... and we guys, have the natural tendency to ogle at them.... but when we do that, the girls feel uncomfortable and some of them even try to hide their uncovered skin ()..... if thats the case, wats the need to expose skin? janangale.... im once again..... really confused....

naughty

P.S - i dont have a poll qushtin....if any one can give suggestions, that wud be gr8

Default Re: Skimpily clad girls.....

Quote Originally Posted by Comenaughty
    hi all,
    i have this interesting topic based on observation in real life.... we all know india is getting westernized with respect to clothing and the amount of skin girls expose is on the rise now-a-days.... lots of girls started wearing this macro/mini/nano/watever skirts and real skimpy tops..... and we guys, have the natural tendency to ogle at them.... but when we do that, the girls feel uncomfortable and some of them even try to hide their uncovered skin ()..... if thats the case, wats the need to expose skin? janangale.... im once again..... really confused....

naughty

P.S - i dont have a poll qushtin....if any one can give suggestions, that wud be gr8
    Saaamy neenkaaa itha pathi pesalamaa ne oru debate vaikalam.....
    I am back.........

Good Thought!!!

Expecting more answers!!!

My feel is There should be a balance in everything!!!

Quote Originally Posted by katteri

Saamy...

Quote Originally Posted by suryalover
    Good Thought!!!

Expecting more answers!!!

My feel is There should be a balance in everything!!!

Ippo ethu imbalanca irrukunu sollurengo....

comenaughty sonnathaiye sollurengala illa nenga ethachum puthusa ukichu sollurengala....

Nizhnevartovsk, Western Siberia, Russian Fed.

Girls who wear such short clothes exposing their skin have to also take into account that boys are going to drool over them.

If girls do not want guys to tease them then they should not create a situation themselves.
    There is absoulutely no harm in the style of clothes they wear as its their freedom and choice.

Venky

Absolutely right Venky.....anybody has the right to wear whatever they want. But they should also accept the consequences of their actions.
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

Basically its the question of balance and limits. Where you draw the line(laksman rekha). From what i understand these gals, they want to be beautiful. so they do all make-up n fashionalble things. sometimes they get carried away and wear wat they think is fashionable. they dont mind whether it really is comfortable.
    but once they are on the streets, they realise they have gone too far, beyond the limits, start covering up.
    as someone said, all this is done, not just for comfortabilty, but to make we guyz to ogle at them.
    most gals just react to the situation, than to think abt it. this is my general opinion . no pun intended

Ella visheyamume appadithan, not only dress, I will go hand in hand with venky and dinesh.

There is no difference of opinion from me neither.

Boys drool over girls whether they are skimply clad or fully covered. What are we now a joined brotherhood with Taliban?

And what do you mean accept the consequences? What conseqences? Do you get to drool? Do you get to abuse, molest and violate? Are people supposed to dress up in gunny-sacks just because of 'consequences?'. Just who has the right to say what is modest and what is 'skimpy'? Do we have a law in the country that limits public lynching and on modesty in public?

What if some one thinks whatever you think is modest as something completely immodest and inviting? Does he get to do what ever he wants, and do 'good' women need to face 'consequences?' Just what is the BALANCE you talk about? Does it mean women simply have to behave the way you think they ought to behave? And why is such a question of modesty, and proper dressing behaviour not applied to men? If women also think that 'drooler' can drool all they want but will have to face the consequences of violence (such as pepper spray, knifes, and anything else that is handy) would that be a balanced reaction? Just how many of the sexual crimes have been given this explanation: they were provocatively dressed!!? Are the consequences any better than these crimes?

Women are protected by the Law. And they have the right and freedom to dressup as they like and as the law permits. Whoever does violate the law (at least on paper we do have laws to protect women) will have to face the consequences of the Law. People can not set limits on how one person should behave - only the law of the land has to set it. And people should respect these laws.

Are a free country governed by adopted constitutions and some sort of civil and public behaviour? Or the freedom is meant for men only and for women to face 'consequences'?
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Vasan,

Exaclty my thought on seeing the posts. No one, has the right to dictate this is modest and this is immodest and face the consequences. Freedom is a cornerstone in a democracy and that is non-negotiable.

I dont think girl mind guys drooling. In fact many may even like it. But when the drooling crosses the line into violence,molestation, verbal abuses or what not is when the problem comes. Drooling is also our right if we see a beautiful women and she herself does not have the right to tell us, "Dont drool" violently.

These consequnces is the threat term used by most of the mobs and psychopants to propogate their theories and idealogies. A guy threw acid on a girl's face because she did not wear burqa in Kashmir. Every on condemned that incident. You guys are talking about consequences with mini/micro skirts. Only the threshold is different, but the threat is the same. The idea of this by itself should be abhored. Forget about threshold.

Cheers.
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Boys drool over girls whether they are skimply clad or fully covered. What are we now a joined brotherhood with Taliban?

brothers and sisters of geetham...

let us face it... no whimpers and whinings here... bare truth is that women should prepare to face the consequences of their dressing... i'll explain how... here it is not the question of man or woman... any being has to be responsible for their actions... for example, a guy roaming naked or almost naked on streets will attract attention of dogs who will pounce on him at first sight... so guys have to accept consequences of their dressing.. shave pannama mudiya seevaama pichchaikaaran maari ponaa naai thurathum... then that guy cant complain dog is infringing on his freedom etc etc. he shud realise consequences of his actions... here no rocket science is involved... just plain logic... common sense... if u know that something mite happen bcos of something u do, then better not do it.... or do it and face conseqs happily... now govt. cant control all dogs from barking and biting such badly dressed guys so it is left to ur prudence to dress properly... similarly govt cant control men from ogling (forget eve teasing... that is a different issue... that is NOT connected to dressing... i will come to that later) when women expose certain portions of their body... they very well know that men treasure such rare glimpses and would not mind being indecent enough to stare at them... so it is their duty to make sure they are not stared at... and if they dont, then they shudnt complain...

but then this a pretty tricky issue... ppl mite want to connect dressing sense to eve teasing... there it doesnt hold good at all as I have seen girls dressed like Kopperunthevi, Senthamizh Chelvi etc. (to borrow from Vivek's dialogue being teased by college guys... so for eve teasing dressing doesnt matter... but then it is aggravated by provocative dressing...

but then when we are debating abt all these things we must remember that no matter what women are always catch the attention of most men not matter how decently they are dressed... so even if all women come dressed in half-sari men will still ogle attractive women... so all that is needed here is literacy and openness... in the US i have never seen 'eve teasing' or ogling at all... agreed if pam or some other hottie walks by, men mite ogle but certainly not like india... in india the problem is caused by separation of sexes... we need a healthy interaction between men and women... only then such issues can be resolved...
    வாழிய செந்தமிழ்!

aama comenaughty,

the girls feel uncomfortable and some of them even try to hide their uncovered skin
    andha maari ponnunga eppadi hide pannuvaanga... adhaan aal paadhi aadai paadhi nnu solliteengale (meaning half their body is exposed or even more )... aprom eppadi hide pannuvaanga
    வாழிய செந்தமிழ்!

Quote Originally Posted by sabeshan
    let us face it... no whimpers and whinings here... bare truth is that women should prepare to face the consequences of their dressing...
    Ennoda srippukku artham purunchiruchaaaaaa???

andha maari ponnunga eppadi hide pannuvaanga... adhaan aal paadhi aadai paadhi nnu solliteengale (meaning half their body is exposed or even more )... aprom eppadi hide pannuvaanga
    adhu enakkum theriyum hide panna mudiyathunu...but ana, attempt pannuvango.... notice panni parunga...theriyum....

naughty

i agree tht a healthy interaction between gals n boyz wud certainly help this. bcos you know wht other side wud react for a certain action

Thanks Vasan for completly misunderstanding what I meant

Of course I accept that women should be free to wear whatever they want. I mentioned this in my previous post itself. By consequences, I meant the complaints women give of guys, like drooling etc. If one is prepared to dress in a certain way, then one also should have the mindset to face the interaction the society would give to it.

I have a right to freedom of speech, but because of that is it possible for me to come and shout at you at your doorstep. Similarly, freedom in a democratic society is also limited to a certain extent while giving consideration to the society itself. Ultimate freedom to do anything is impractical and very dangerous to the survival of a society.

It is fine to preach absolute freedom, but are we living in an ideal world? When a woman is able to walk alone at midnight without any problems, then I'll have no objection towards whatever dressiing style. So, in Western countries the attitude towards skimpy dresses is very liberal, and I would accept it is fine to do so, since the person in question is not doing anything against the norms. But if the country is India (or indeed Sri Lanka), I would not think it is suitable to the society. This is not because I think that women shouldn't be given equal status, but because the society itself has not achieved the required mindset to accept these practices. And in such a society the reaction to such dresses might be very dangerous. That's what I meant by consequences. I'm thinking practically here. Of course it's nice to think in the way you and anainar do. But, most the things you talk about, including freedom, is nothing but fiction in our societies.

PS: My original answer was with respect to India, as the original poster did refer to India by name. If it was a general question, my answer would've been different.
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

Quote Originally Posted by suryalover
    Quote Originally Posted by katteri

Saamy...

I am back.........

maybe you guys shold be asking the girls who wear these clothes why they do it

Closed Thread