What r u reading now??? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What r u reading now???

Asterix is a great series. Lot of the humour within is very very subtle, so you we wouldn't grab it the first time, but when you actually understand it, it will be extremely funny...
    Trolling Geetham since 2003...

Kajol might not be one of those classic beauties... but she has a presence, quite attractive female

God willing, insha allah.. some day I wanna translate at least a few in to English.. if only I could capture a tenth of the emotions.. wow..
    wud luv to read your transalations

and how cud i miss Mario Puzo's God Father. Thats one of my fav.

My dad has a lending library for the past 15 years...i started of reading comics.
    Reminded of all the Archies we used to take from the lending library. I love all the characters in Archies - Archie, Betty, Veronica, reggie, moose and above all Juggy(Jug head)...

Havent read asterix

God father is an excellent book... and always wanted to see the movie...somehow I never got the time also the patience to watch it...very bad of me that too robert deniro and al pacino are my fav heroes.. Thanks for reminding me priya..Going to watch it this weekend.
    Come here and share your reading interests....http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewto...?p=64353#64353

Reks: you haven't read Asterix? you must.. utterly funny.. my alltime fav comic book..

Yep! Puzo is great. I enjoyed his God Father and the Sicilian too.. Omerta is not so good..
    Both the book and the movies are great. God father is more than great in many senses.. its a good book and sometimes its like a huge parable.. Life and death and all that we do to maintain it.. what is important and what is not.. hmm...

Vasan
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

Pleasure is all mine.. Honey arjun..

Mario Puzo brought more than respect to the name "Mafia". Mafia was portrayed in such a different light that ..when I read it in college.. it influenced me a lot..but good sense prevailed.

i started of reading comics. my favourite is tintin and Asterix
    Went through the second page of the thread...thinking "wot a complete ignoramus u r blue....dude u haven't even heard of 1/2 the books they're talikng of" then I went to the first page: "cor! woman tht's it, u hold the crown for iliteracy now"

I was so happy to see Asterix and Tintin...in French it is even better....
    When I was younger I used to be addicted to fairy tales, myths and legends.....the russian ones with their baboushkas were fascinating...and so were the Gods of the old civilisations.
    Then I moved on to Nancy Drews, Anne of Green Gables (..and all the other children's books including little women and Enid Blyton)
    I think I never truly got out of reading children's literature....for some reason I find them far more enjoyable than adult books.....probly why Terry Pratchett and his Discworld novels have me fully hooked.
    JK Rowling and Diane WhynneJones r really kool too.........btw ...has anyone heard the rumours that she may not stop at book 7 but may carry on with Harry Potter even after he leaves Hogwarts?
    Terry Brooks, Tom Holt, Isaac Asimov, Jules Verne, Tolkien, Philip Pullman....These guys I would definitely recomend for a journey into fantasy

Jane Austen is amazing, did any one see the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth? I've read the sequels to Pride and Prejudice and to Emma... I guess sequels by diferent authors can't be as good the original..I didn't like Scarlett as much as Gone with the Wind....but talking of wind..I loved Wind in the Willows

I have now started reading very light and funny novels.... read all the Bridget Jones books by helen fielding ...and I would recommend Sophie Kinsella to anyone who wants a good laugh

"A House for Mr Biswas" and "the God of little things" I did enjoy it gave a me an insight into 2 societies that I didn't know very much abt...

hmmmm I guess I gotta try and start reading crichton, archer, forsyth, steele, etc...
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

I love to read, in general I read novels, hisotircal, political books, all sorts of newpapwers/magazines, language preference, English and தமிழ், I also read Japanese(manga/comics watch way too much anime), I am also learning Arabic, Sanskrit and Hindi so soon I hope I'll be able to read plenty of original works in these languages. sigh, my head gets mixed up with different languges somtimes and I forget what languge I am reading in anywho...thats it for now
    "அகர முதல எழுத்தெல்ல ாம் ஆதி பகவன் முதற்றே உலகு."

well short and simple

i cannot sleep without reading
    Always draw a circle around the ones you love, never draw a heart because hearts can be broken, but circles are never ending....Priyasagii

Hi People. I am a fanatic reader, but I find that since I am in college now, I have no time to do anything else but study and mope around to class. Right now I am reading roots by Alex Haley. Its a great book but right now I have no time to read it.

I also have the same problem....i study at night ..otherwise it can't sleep.
    Always draw a circle around the ones you love, never draw a heart because hearts can be broken, but circles are never ending....Priyasagii

Has anyone read anything by Anne Rice? I know that most of u would have seen "Interview with a VAmpire"....but wondering if anyone has actually read the book or any other by Rice?

Recommended by sHaLiNi_m

Sister of My Heart (1999) by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
    a poet and an author.

U can read an excerpt from the book at this site :
    http://www.chitradivakaruni.com/book...r_of_my_heart/

Seems to be an interesting read..haven't actually heard of her b4.... will be nice if those who have read it would let us know what they though of it.

I have just finished reading a book called "How to be alone" by Jonathan Franzen.. well thani veetula irunthu bore adikurathu nalla intha book eduthu padikka arambithaen.. it is a nice book escepially when u r ready to ready to read some critics about the society.. he deals with a wide range of subjects... it also got a negative outlook on the postmodern imperialistic country... worth reading it....

Seny

Right now I am reading 'The prophet' by kahlil gibran.. Its not a complete story book nor a poetic version.. This book contains Gibran's insights for life, how to live etc...
    A good one and I will recommend it for people who like to read philosophy ..
    Come here and share your reading interests....http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewto...?p=64353#64353

Right now I am reading 'The prophet' by kahlil gibran.. Its not a complete story book nor a poetic version.. This book contains Gibran's insights for life, how to live etc...
    A good one and I will recommend it for people who like to read philosophy ..

yea...sure is a good read... i woud recommend too.. but not for the
    easy going... if you are really into dwelling in philosophical issues...
    then go ahead...
    i am sure everyone who reads will have an effect especially
    when he tells about joy and sorrow and worries and how they are all
    intertwined... :?
    honeyarjun, may be after you are done... you can post your favorite lines...
    thanks

sure I will post vic.... I am just done with 10 pages now...I am deeply taken by these words...
    This.. he(the main character of the story) describes abt the pain for leaving the place which gave him shelter for 12 yrs...
    " It is not a garment I cast off this day, but a skin that I tear with my own hands."

I am impressed with each and every line in this book, deeply affecting my inner soul... more to come when I am done with the book.....

hey, yennappaa ithhu ellaaarum englipish novelaa sollreenda... namma fav tamilthaan... kathavu, naalavathu thoon,ponniyin selvan..appuram kavithaila, barathiyar kavithaikal, vairamuthuvin thanneer desam...ellaaam sooper...

appram englishna, sydney sheldon,John Grisham, robin cook, jk rowling ivanga ellaam en fav.. specially Erich Segal.. "a Love story" is my alltime fav....

talking about, Robin cook, once you have read three to four books of his, then you can guess what is gonna happen next..thats my opinion about his novels and hence i have stoppped reading his...

Khalil gibraan..???? onnu kooda naan padichathu illai....

yogesh..didnt you read my old posts?? I love reading tamil novels esp kalki, chandilyan..
    Its good to know that we have another person who loves to read..

khalil gibran is not a modern time story writer.. He was a great philosopher lived in the time period of 1880's to 1930's.. so his style will be in the old english..stories will also be poetic in nature.. If you get a chance to come across this book.. do read it.. we will get a different perspective about live ...

hey ambuli maama nu oru story irukkala...adhu enna kadhai???

hey raaagi, kids cornerukku oodu... .. btw, lately I was reading a bit old.."Story of pi", a bit unrealistic.. but was a good read...:D:D:D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast