Health Related Queries - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Health Related Queries

Edited and a new topic has been opened abt healthy growth for kids.Friends share your ideas there.

(thoongite naan inga reply post panniten........blue, thittadhey)

All day long I think abt my bed....but when the time comes to catch a few zzzzzzzzzz
    I can't sleep

I tried everything from reading ...in which I finish the book and still wide awake
    sheep counting...don't want to do that..I wake up an hour later with nightmares...never been very keen on animals :?

I detest warm milk..

so does anyone have any good remedies for sleeplessness?

thank you :D ,

blue.
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

so does anyone have any good remedies for sleeplessness?

thank you ,

blue.

Blues,
    Try reciting one of ur favourite prayers ....music might work too...make sure its thalaattu songs

Blue,

Shift to a country where your current day corresponds to night in the new place.

Seriously, I used to get that problem only when I have something bothering me in my mind. It could be a personal problem or work related problem in which case mind keeps on dragging on that. The best thing I try in that case is music. I listent to some soft music, which actually does not put me to sleep, but engrosses my mind from that restlessness. Any thing from Kenny G to Lalgudi to film songs. I usually avoid western classicals, more so because they are so vibrant. Tchavosky's composition of allegro is the last thing you want to hear in the middle of the night becaue he jumps two octaves in a split second waking up even a sleeping child.. Try those.

If you are still sheep counting, then you need to go to the first step....

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Blues,

Welcome to the midnight bats club..

How many suggestions you want?

1) Easy one: Listen to Snorah.. rrr.. Norah Jones :P :P
    2) Little complicated: Try reading some tamil short stories.. And the best author is.. you know whoo..
    3) Tough one: Don't sit before a computer after a certain time (3.00 am, for example)..
    4) Mildy difficult: Forget it.. Those guys are so NOT worth it..
    5) Extremely Hard: Avoid sleeping during the day. Even dozing off at school.. :P :P
    6) Impossible but worth a try: Think of something nice to say to the author of this post..

rrr.. sorry.. sorry.. sorry.. meee kindaaa ran off.. (Norah does that.. )

On more serious note.. :

Only two possibilities, Blue. One is actual trouble. You know how to tackle it. (WebMD stuff for insomnia even mild sleeplessness..) sorta thingy. The second is the occasional change in sleep schedule.

When you start school, or suddenly find plenty of free time (and lack of really enforcing schedules, like mum yelling at you to stop and go to bed!), we tend to doodle away our time, in doing silly stuff late into the night. Kinda spoils the day also..

Best solution for the second part is regimentally following some strict schedules for yourself. Make it a point to wake up at some time earl-y (-lier than usual), keep a busy schedule of activities, put a few hours of physical work including some workout, avoid excessive time on the Net, and like wake up alarm, keep a time to hit the sack. It will be a struggle for a while. But like you beat off the jet-lag, you can beat off the sleeping disorder also. I think the kind of thing you & I suffer should be and can be taken care of by sheer force of will and training.. :P :P

Lets do it..

v-

ps: all that 'we' stuff is not just for moral support.. its truly meant for me also.. i have been post poning it.. (rr.. yeah.. I hear your post.. on procrastination.. !).. but you know I am an owl too.. so lets see..

ps: ps: I think I answered like a medical pro.. Should I also be called a doctor?!! It would be nice.. vasanraja MBBS.. (Sneha jodi undaa?? )
    Short Measures
    It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us - Isaac Disraeli

OH WOW

you guys are amazing!!

will definitely try lots of these tonight after school :P

Butterfly,
    prayer is included in the usual routine...will definitely switch on the CD player

Anainar,
    I'd love to come and see you on the other side of the Atlantic everyday...but apparently the concord isn't carrying any passengers anymore
    yeah ...music thanx

Vasan,
    omg...so much....thank you...
    yes having mummy and daddy around helped immensely...but even then I used to lie wide awake for hours on end till it was time to get up. and then I would sleep like a sloth.

hmmm will try reading some tamil from that mysterious author ...who thinks he can put me to sleep
    you should come and attend my lectures....you'll know why I think of my bed all day long

Seriously though
    I will try all your suggestions...well sort of ..can't go around jetting from one place to the other to avoid nightfall

thank you all so much
    will let you know how it goes :D

blue.

PS: thattha absolutely ...how about we even upgrade the mbbs to an MD..

Hi PeePs

well good news....I might break yet break the mystery of sleep...

bad news...I think I might expire okie maybe not but it hurts
    I'm a couch potato gym sessions never involved anything more harduous than the treadmill or the bike or rowing machine....decided to try out the body tonning and abs work out group
    now I know what pain is all about
    okie ...sounds dumb...but nothing, no sauna, no hot water bottles, no hot showers or cold showers, neither do more abs exercises is helping...it's horrendously painful

what would you suggest short of paracetamol :? ?

in pain,
    blue.

தலை முடி உதிர்வதை தவிர்ப்பது எப்படி? How to avoid thinning of hair and early grey hair?

keep clean your hair always ...dandruff irrukka kudaddhuu
    early grey ku vanddhu dont think too muchh... avoid thinking

hair flow aguddhu think panna grey aggumm

BTW.... welcome to geetham ....rnivas

Quote Originally Posted by rnivas
    தலை முடி உதிர்வதை தவிர்ப்பது எப்படி? How to avoid thinning of hair and early grey hair?
    This is a really hard question to answer.

Eating healthy is very important.
    Make sure that your protein intake is more than adequate, remember hair is protein!
    Eat plenty of greens, including spinach and curry leaves.
    If your anemic, consult a medical doctor and ask for supplements.

If you have thinning and grey hair, a blood test to make sure that you're not deficient in any vitamins or minerals is highly recommended.

and like Suha said, stress is a huge factor in all of this. SO relax, meditate, pray...do whatever it takes to keep stress and high blood pressure away .

good luck and welcome to geetham

blue.

On the contrary to what Bluelotus has said....I feel 2 much sleepy (even though I try to get good enough sleep), may be few doctors as well as non-doctors here can suggest me what to do?..

Thanks!

WK
    $$$Haaa haaaa......$$$$$$$$$

Feelings of tiredness could be signs of anemia or Infectious mononucleosis (Epstein barr virus), can also be hypothyroidism, ...
    talk to your doctor, and have a complete blood analysis done.

or sorry to say this ...could be just plain lazynes Wk

blue.

OMG mono wht ever that is, seems 2 scary.. :? what kind of blood analysis do we need to do for that.... Or should I just say I need to check for mono wht ever....

lol... why r u being sorry for me being lazy...

I think u have given a pretty good analysis. Now lets see if my doctor understands all this thing...
    $$$Haaa haaaa......$$$$$$$$$

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234