Health Related Queries - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Health Related Queries

The best thing to do is not wait but make an appointment straightaway with your dentist.
    Leaving it for longer may complicate matters.
    blue bhayamuruthathinga
    so painful....
    but nothing like you have mentioned...
    and i have FEVER [ .....i don't want to see that chottai thai dentist uncle...]

Anai anna hehehe ungalukku illiya? aama intha pallu vantha enna meaning????
    Always draw a circle around the ones you love, never draw a heart because hearts can be broken, but circles are never ending....Priyasagii

Hi sagi

Blue has given enough information about wisdom tooth.
    My Doctor gave someinformation, which is provided below, when my wisdom tooth was removed. A year ago 3 of my wisdom tooth was removed and the surgery is not painful (if full sleep anesthesia given).

Wisdom Tooth:

SHOULD I HAVE MY WISDOM TEETH REMOVED?
    Not everyone needs his or her wisdom teeth removed. Removal may not be recommended for patients who have adequate space in their mouth for the teeth to erupt properly and allow access for cleaning. In general, surgical risks increase with age. Your oral surgeon may recommend scheduled periodic clinical and radiographic exams if the risks of removing the wisdom teeth outweigh the risks of monitoring them.

The majority of the time, wisdom teeth becomes impacted due to lack of space in the jaws. Wisdom teeth that do not erupt properly can cause numerous problems. Occasionally the patient may notice symptoms caused from pathologic wisdom teeth, however often the onset of these problems may be gradual and unnoticed.

These problems include:

Gum disease:
    A wisdom tooth that partially erupts through the gum tissue can harbor problem-causing bacteria in the space between the second and third molar causing bone loss and damage to the second molar.

Crowding:
    A wisdom tooth can push on adjacent teeth causing them to become crooked.
    Cavities:
    A wisdom tooth may be hard to clean due to partial gum tissue coverage or lack of space causing it or the second molar to become decayed.
    Poor position:
    A poorly positioned wisdom tooth may rub on the cheeks causing irritation and pain.
    Infection:
    A wisdom tooth that partially erupts through the gum tissue can accumulate food or bacteria under the flap of gum tissue causing pain and swelling. These infections can in rare instances become very serious.

Cyst development:
    Cysts and tumors can develop from the follicle that wisdom teeth form in. These cysts and tumors can destroy jawbone and teeth.

WHEN SHOULD I BE EVALUATED FOR WISDOM TEETH REMOVAL?
    Most dentists will evaluate your wisdom teeth radio graphically around age 16. Depending on the development of these teeth and the anticipated lack of space, he/she will refer you to an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon for consult and removal between 16 and 21 years of age. Around this time the roots are not completely developed and the jawbone isn’t as dense, facilitating easier removal with less risks. As a person gets older the teeth become more anchored in the denser jawbone making extraction more difficult.

Good topic Blue!!!.. Hats off

Shy

seri yennaku orru answer vennum...........

everyday........naan teeth brush pannum bodhu........teethla blood leak agudhu.......... adhu why?

Blues n sivam

Thanks for the info......actually sonna sirikaadheenga ennaku ippo thaan wisdom tooth varudhu,on both upper jaws aana engeyo oru maadhiri position la varudhu....dunno wat to do,sometimes it is really painful

Suha paapa,

That means you need to take an appoinment with your dentist.

Normally bleeding happens if there deep cavitites. Or the there is gap between gum and teeth. If it happens for one day or very infrequently, it might because of gums catching occasional infection. But if it bleeds everyday, that means, the teeth and gum are not attached to each other firmly as they are supposed to be. Go see a doctor before the cavities aggravate.

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Hi Suha,

Blood oozing out from the teeth may be from various factors.

The main ones are:

1.If enamel and gums get weak
    2. Cavity Formation

The suggested remedies are:

1.Getting cavities and tooth cleaned by a dentist once in every 6 months will help.
    2.Brushing (twice) and flossing everyday are suggested for keeping the gums healthy and strong.

(The above remedies helped me but getting it checked out by a dentist is the best option to find out the root cause of the blood ooze).

Unique,

If there is not enough room the wisdom tooth will not form in a good shape. Check this out with a Doctor soon. The dental X-ray will only predict how far the tooth got impacted.

Quote Originally Posted by anainar
    Suha paapa,

That means you need to take an appoinment with your dentist.

Normally bleeding happens if there deep cavitites. Or the there is gap between gum and teeth. If it happens for one day or very infrequently, it might because of gums catching occasional infection. But if it bleeds everyday, that means, the teeth and gum are not attached to each other firmly as they are supposed to be. Go see a doctor before the cavities aggravate.

Cheers

aama anai anna..........adhu thaan corrct tu dentist pakkanum

Quote Originally Posted by sivam
    Hi Suha,

Blood oozing out from the teeth may be from various factors.

The main ones are:

1.If enamel and gums get weak
    2. Cavity Formation

The suggested remedies are:

1.Getting cavities and tooth cleaned by a dentist once in every 6 months will help.
    2.Brushing (twice) and flossing everyday are suggested for keeping the gums healthy and strong.

(The above remedies helped me but getting it checked out by a dentist is the best option to find out the root cause of the blood ooze).
    oh sure.........naan three time brush panuven but hard use pannuvein

adhu thaan gum poiduchu venumnna superglue vachi otidavva

chumma kididng.....ok sivam akka rombha nandringo........naan dentist pathtu vandhu solrein ok va

Superglue potta not only teeth, vaaye ottikkum. Appuram saapidakkuda vai thirakka mudiyathu. Parava illiya Suha?

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Quote Originally Posted by anainar
    Superglue potta not only teeth, vaaye ottikkum. Appuram saapidakkuda vai thirakka mudiyathu. Parava illiya Suha?

Cheers
    noooooooooooooo.........adhu maatum mudiyadei.............sapida maatum illa.......pessamma kuda yenna la irrukamudiyadei

noooooooooooooo.........adhu maatum mudiyadei.............sapida maatum illa.......pessamma kuda yenna la irrukamudiyadei
    idha nee solli thaan therinjukkanumaa..

wisdome tooth... for me it never came out.. it was well within the skull... they told me that there is no harm in that and asked me to just leave it.... so 28 tooth vechu life aa ottareen..
    I have been in diet for six months and all I have lost is six months's good food

Atukutti - ninga rombha lollu pannuringa ava kita ennikku vaangi kattikka poringallo, theriyala?

SIvam - ennaiya rombha bhaya muruthittinga..ethukkuppa risk. i called my dentist already.....better go and see that chottaithalayan thanks for your help.

Unique - mine also in wrong way..nera illa...oru pakkama varuthu..sema pain...
    Always draw a circle around the ones you love, never draw a heart because hearts can be broken, but circles are never ending....Priyasagii

hi bluelotus,

good topic......

right now no pbm.. may be later i'll ask some.
    thanks.

oh sure.........naan three time brush panuven but hard use pannuvein
    Suha,

Brushing 3 times okay....flossing???.....adhu romba important.......adhu konjam kadi dhan but will help always.

You should not use hard brush.Use a soft bristled toothbrush(brush with rounded ends would benefit more)
    Brush 2 to 3 teeth at a time using small circular strokes or back and forth strokes.Place the toothbrush against u'r gumline (where the teeth and gums meet ) .My hygenist told this is the perfect way of brushing.Brushing against the gumline would help to form less cavities rather than the usual way of brushing.

Quote Originally Posted by sivam
    Unique,

If there is not enough room the wisdom tooth will not form in a good shape. Check this out with a Doctor soon. The dental X-ray will only predict how far the tooth got impacted.
    Actually konjam pola veliyila vandhirukku,but mukkavaasi innum veliiyila varalai.....indha oorla Dentist kitta pona semaya thaalipaanga amount(it is not covered by insurance too)......So next time India pogum podhu thaan paarkanam idhai.....adhuvaraikum avasathai thaan padanam.

Unique.. I am with u dont.. worry.. For 3 years.. particular period of time, i mean one week, I used to have this pain. appuram poidum. My dentist said that my teeth isnt grown completely to come out. But u got to check it out as sivam said if theres room for it to come.. Elalina kastam thaan :D

Shy

Room ellam niraya irukku Shy......infact last time India poyirundha podhu i had to pluck out my kadavaai tooth for this reason.....but as u said innum muzhusa varalainu ninaikiren that s y it s not coming out.....like enamel lendhu bulge aagardhu but not coming out

Very true unique.. Thats the same thing that happens for me..

Then ennoda dentist sonathu mathiri it isnt ready yet i guess

But india pooracha visit ur doc once...

Engae chumma light adichu paakavae, big bill anupuvaan

Unless ur insurance covers it and its an emergency its not worth visiting a doc here

Shy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast