Health Related Queries - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Health Related Queries

Unique,

Visiting a dentist would cost much and for me it costs about $1500 .My insurance covered $1000 and the rest $500 I paid out of my hand.If X-ray is taken then u will come to know whether the wisdom tooth should get removed immediately or it can wait.

Shy,

Me too suffered the same for one year before removing the wisdom tooth. The pain will come once in a while and goes away without any notice.The wisdom tooth area would be more bulgy like unique said.

Bluelotus,
    Very informative topic...Good Job

Hi guys,

Already I think I asked anainar about this. But I forgot which topic was it. So asking again, so that I can just print out the required details. :D

Ok, Back pain. Is there a remedy for it. Right now the person is living with painkillers, which I guess will become additiced to it. so can u guys shed some light on this and help out?

Anainar.. peech one more time, indiala engae eppadi enna saencheenga matum sollungo I will save this.

Thanks

Shy
    I Geetham

Appadiye ennaku oru remedy sollungo.....i get neck pain quiet often,enna pannaradhunu teriyalai.....indha pain vandhuta kazhuthu ashta konal pogudhu.....romba kashtama irukku pls give me some suggestions

Hi Unique

Unga thalaya geetham vandha naal irundhu saiche vekkarengha(avatar)…….adha nala dhan neck pain….hehehehhhehe….chumma …kidding

Neck pain can cause due to the following reasons:

1.Bad sleeping postures, type of a pillow u use while sleeping.

2.Improper method of doing crunches/exercise

3.Sitting position, and placing the head on a couch and lying down.

How did u get this neck pain?Could u tell the exact cause?

Quote Originally Posted by vasan
    Any remedies for Mono?

v
    I'm afraid there is no cure for this viral infection. Antibiotics will not work as it is a viral infection...but don't worry It goes away after 2-4 weeks (maximum for all symptoms to disappear 6-7 weeks....then back to normal).
    Unlike it's cousin the Herpes simplex virus(cold sores)...the Epstein-barr virus does not remain in the body forever. ANd a earlier infection will immunise you against it ...act like a vaccine

If u have swollen lymph nodes, fever a course of steroids may be prescribed by the doctor to alleviate the symptoms.
    but as I said earlier after a few weeks symptoms should disappear as it is a self limiting infection...it won't remain in ur body....just give it time.

home treatment to alleviate symptoms:
    -plenty of rest especially earlier in the course of the illness when symptoms are the worst.
    -Acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) or ibuprofen (such as Motrin) can help to relieve the fever and aching muscles.

If u require more info...I'll start another thread just for Mononucleosis (EBV) (let me know)

NB: Spread via saliva only...so sharing toothbrushes, utensils, kisses...not recomended while infected

Quote Originally Posted by Unique
    .....i get neck pain quiet often
    Unique,
    are u unconscioulsy clenching ur neck muscles
    the pillow advice by Sivam could be very useful...try changing pillows...try small ones, with perhaps less stuffing?
    AT work ...try doing gentle neck exercises every 2 hours

Blue.

DISCLAIMER:
    Information provided by members is general only and should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease, or relied upon as legal or other professional advice. This information is not a substitute for professional advice or care. If you have or suspect you may have a health or legal problem, you should consult your own health care provider or your attorney.
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

Quote Originally Posted by sivam
    Hi Unique

Unga thalaya geetham vandha naal irundhu saiche vekkarengha(avatar)…….adha nala dhan neck pain….hehehehhhehe….chumma …kidding

Neck pain can cause due to the following reasons:

1.Bad sleeping postures, type of a pillow u use while sleeping.

2.Improper method of doing crunches/exercise

3.Sitting position, and placing the head on a couch and lying down.

How did u get this neck pain?Could u tell the exact cause?
    Sivam n Blues

Actually i use soft pillows only......while going to bed i ll lie down in flat position aparam thookathula paambatam surundupen......i don t sleep on couch......sometimes pillow kashtama irundha i just remove it lie flat on bed......but still i get this pain.......

Naa ippo than inthe topic'kulae vanthen...very good Blues informative advice Sivam thanks a lot....!!!!!!

Something else to think about ->
    Those who use computers constantly (especially software engrs :sm01: )....you need to take breaks occasionally, don't be glued to the screen! A visual break of 5 minutes every 20 minutes is necessary. During these breaks, it is recommended that you focus on a view at least 20 feet away to relax those muscles that are responsible for near vision focus.

I'm sure everyone knows this, however....no harm in refreshing the minds again This is what every office worker should do in theory...but how many people actually practice this??? Very rare...cos' the office environment doesn't usually work like that............
    ......Blues/Sivam are there any other ways of implementing this...????

Everyone talks about loosing weight & Diet....can we have some ideas to put on weight too...am sure there are lots of dhanush's walking around ....away frm home...frm amma's cooking...so pls share some easy steps to put on weight

Everyone talks about loosing weight & Diet....can we have some ideas to put on weight too...am sure there are lots of dhanush's walking around ....away frm home...frm amma's cooking...so pls share some easy steps to put on weight
    ஆமா, யாராவது சொல்லுங்கப ்பா ப்ளீஸ். I am more than 10 kg underweight for my height. Am healthy otherwise but would like to put on a little bit of weight. Dont say eat pizza and drink beer. I dont want a beer belly..

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

anainar,
    Try sprouting moongdhal over night & eat it in the morning...have heard its good to put on weight....its just protein so its good for u too...

Anainar..If are you arent doing this ..then consider doing weight training. When we put on muscles..we look good also we might tend to put on some weight as we know muscle weighs heavier than fat ...

About food..One need not had to eat unhealthy stuff for gaining weight..But eating healthy food at regular intervals(very imp..without skipping breakfast) will do wonders to get a great body.....
    Come here and share your reading interests....http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewto...?p=64353#64353

Arjun,

I never skip breakfast. If I skip, that is it, I will faint by 11:00. I seem to have a metabolic rate which seems to consume anything and everything I eat. I play tennis actively everyday, but dont go to gym or do weight training. I was contemplating about Gym, but was not motivated enough.

May be I should sign up with our nearest Gym and see.

Pattams, Moongdhal sprouting? I get them in packets here but do the really sprout? Or you are talking about Chole?

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Lovely Ladies and Gentle Men,

Please post all your tips and replies to "gaining weight" in the thread below.
    Thank you kindly.
    :D
    Blue.

http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9930

* * * Edited...moved to the topic 'Gaining Weight', thanks Priyam * * *

Blues wrote:
    Please post all your tips and replies to "gaining weight" in the thread below.
    Thank you kindly.
    Enna Blues solluringa naa ethule pottutenae....parava'illaiyaa? ??

(((( Edit it if you wish, no problem! ))))

Thanks.....

I am experiencing problem in my knee. As i will be sitting in fixed positon for hours. I thgt that might be the reason.

I have also tried to rotate and exert pressure on knees during exercises it was ok for some time.

now i m thinking of gng to physiotherapist . also when i bend my leg a strange sound comes..from knee.
    I am back.........

Quote Originally Posted by Priyam2004
    * * * Edited...moved to the topic 'Gaining Weight', thanks Priyam * * *
    Ellai priyam :D.. weight gain seperate topic irukku la, so mod has moved ur topic there, so engae edited to avoid duplicates okvaa

Shy
    I Geetham

Quote Originally Posted by katteri
    I am experiencing problem in my knee. As i will be sitting in fixed positon for hours. I thgt that might be the reason.

I have also tried to rotate and exert pressure on knees during exercises it was ok for some time.

now i m thinking of gng to physiotherapist . also when i bend my leg a strange sound comes..from knee.
    well Katteri going to see a physiotherapist is indeed an excellent decision. do go quickly.

while I do understand that u must sit for long periods of time...u can still do little exercises with ur legs...stretch them out and back down again say 5 reps every 30 mins...

but puzzled as to why u feel pain becuse of sitting down....might be a very good thing if U could see ur GP/physician ( general practioner) asap too.

new thread will be opened on this topic.....so ppl please wait to post ur coments n the new thread abt kneee pain.

Blue.

Sivam

Most mother's tell their children to drink a loooot of milk cos' majority of parents' are under the impression 'The more milk children drink...the more taller they grow!'. Is this statement right?

Also...I know a few parents who don't give their children 'Chicken' every day, cos' they reckon eating a lot of chicken stops them from growing taller....perculiar, but is it true?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast