Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Wife/Husband

Default Perfect Wife/Husband

A new movie is getting released today "The Stepford Wives."

Where husbands engineer robots to be their look-alike perfect wives:D

Now the question..

When someone gives u an option

(1) Would u throw away ur partner and go for the lookalike perfect one? Lets assume in our case its not going to be robots but real human beings but with all the genetic changes to make them prefect

or

(2) Be happy with the not so perfect partner and lead a life adjusting etc?

This is supposed to be a funny topic :D

Shy
    I Geetham

Nizhnevartovsk, Western Siberia, Russian Fed.

I will go with the second option.

I understand that nothing is perfect. Moreover our guru Sri says Change is always constant, so with the second option change with make it perfect

With the modification of all the so called gene etc.. its not the real one that we married so it does not count for me.

More as we go ahead...
    Venky

I will go with the second option.

What is life, if it doesnt have all its essence and everything is perfect. It will be fun to have yourself adjusted with someone and they getting adjusted for you rather than having something, which will work as you like.
    நட்புடன்,
    ஜிசிபி

View Geethamites' Best Pics

ennai keteenganaa, ethunaalum ok, eppdiyaavathu enakku kalyaanam nadandhaa sarinuthaan solluveen.. ..

Anyday I would go for the first option. Rather than adjusting and being some one different just to stay with some, it is better to be yourself to live with another partner. Of course the degree of adjustment will make a significant impact. Adjustments in peripherals are ok but not the core values and beliefs. It the core values are different, the first option is the best option for a happy life.

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

Me tooo

Shall take the first option.
    Married life shall be happier and Thus I too..if only I could have the perfect partner

Why are so many singletons looking for Mr/Miss Right if it wasn't so important...
    a perfect Mr/Miss right would be a miracle.
    why then say no to a miracle.

(Akka, you did say that it was a funny topic right ? )

NOT-looking-for-perfection-to-my-never-ending-imperfection
    Blue.
    Cum recte vivis, ne cures verba malorum

hmmm how to answer this question.....

Okay take a couch as an analogy. Everybody wants the same thing in a partner as in a couch (comfort and good looking). Some go for the slick red leather sofa that is totally not comfortable and end up never using it after awhile. Others get a really cosy sofa that is sooo comfortable they can fall asleep in but they don't like to show it to people because it looks really ugly. So the term perfect is quite relative.

Somepeople spend alot of time choosing the perfect sofa only to find that the sofa doesn't go with anything in their house. So would you change the sofa or everything in the house? Since I have already spent so much time finding the sofa, personally I would try and change a few things around the sofa to accomodate it.

With all this sofa talk I think i've lost my train of thought...anyways hope it answered the question somewhat shy.

Ferny,

Great analogy man. I like the sleeping part on the sofa. Nothing beats that feeling though I am beaten normally not to sleep in the sofa. That is the essence of a partner. Feeling comfortable with each other.

You did not lose your train of thought. It was spot on. Very nice post.

But the movie Shy is talking about is a little deep though. Taking on your sofa analogy, if the sofa is not comfortable, take out the cushion and fix it with a cushion that you are comfortable with. So you have a beautiful red leather sofa with a nice comfortable cushion. Ain't that great?

Cheers
    Every dog has its day. Today is my day.

oh oh I get it now. In that case...keeping with the analogy...

After using that red leather sofa for some time you find that it is not as comfortable as you thought initially. But if you opt to change the cushions in the sofa, you will loose all the memories along with it. All the stains, your favorite spot you like to sit on on the sofa, the feel of the sofa will change. How would you know that the new red leather sofa with the new cushions will be any more comfortable?

obviously you can only take the sofa analogy so far...given all the uncertanities and the fact that i would loose all the moments I've shared, I would not change the sofa.

hehe what about buying a cosy sofa and hiding it in the basement instead (don't get angry...see i told you that you can take it only so far)

I would choose the option (2).

If everything is perfect then you don't need a life . I love to play with Imperfection :D.

Its a fun game.

i agree with sri's pt
    i will go for 2nd option also :D
    lollu chinna piyaaaaaaa....... kalyaanama

Why why why???

I cannot believe it!!!

They offer you perfection and yet you wish for imperfection.

Rama Rama Rama !! Vanthu parungho Rama intha boomile ennovo nadakuthu

comon people.....this is the perfect partner.

That means they will be perfect in every possible way.
    they will know when to leave you in peace, when to talk, what to talk , when you want to pick a fight

Ferny,
    the sofa will be perfect for you in every possible way you cannot imagine.
    It shall forever be comfortable yet retain a certain amount of mystery.
    Memories will not fade, simply because of perfection....in fact they shall be sweeter yet.

imagine if you could have Brad Pitt, Keats, Byron, Dawkins, S Jay Gould and loads more character and physical trait all amalgamated into one person ?
    wouldn't that be amazing!!!!!
    Great minds and a grreat physique

and the person will be so atuned to your wishes ..that you cannot be anything but happy and content.

Why does the world refuse perfection when offered on a silver platter

No wonder we still have wars and famine

Miche,
    Sri-ku thaan confused endraal, ungallukkumaaa confused

looking-for-perfection-to-my-imperfections
    Blue.

I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by bluelotus
    Miche,
    Sri-ku thaan confused endraal, ungallukkumaaa confused
    Blues,

Inna kindala??? illa kekuren... kindalanu...

Sofa is a Luxury Item, creating a perfect world is imaginary item.

With Option 2,

When you have the hearts understand each others, even if there is a perfect world guess what those two souls won't even notice , innum oru step mela ponna... for these souls they will have the experience to face the hell as heaven.

I'm not confusing anyone, its a fact that people confuse themselves with my words since they don't know the meaning?

I stay by my words and words stay by me.

Quote Originally Posted by sRi_GaN
    Blues,

Inna kindala??? illa kekuren... kindalanu...
    Actually I was being deadly serious...almost as deadly as the deadly-nightshade
    Kindal naan een pannonum?...ennakku vera vellai illai?

Quote Originally Posted by SrI
    Sofa is a Luxury Item, creating a perfect world is imaginary item.
    I don't really know since when Sofas have entered the "strictly" luxury items list.
    But if u say so then it must be true right?

Let's leave Sofas in the furniture shops...

Another analogy would be spectacles.
    My specs are created to perfectly fit me and take care of all my visual needs right?
    now If I had an imperfect pair of reading glasses, of what use would they be to me.

And this I must say is a pretty good analogy.
    Some may like contacts others specs.
    and even within each of those categories they are several types and varieties to perfectly satisfy evryone.

for instance ... I like thin flexible frames...and hate contacts...so to me my glasses are perfect ...and I love them to bits

now if you give me purple coloured contacts instead and tell me to just try and adapt to them ...I shall probly have several fits of rage

Quote Originally Posted by sRi
    With Option 2,

When you have the hearts understand each others, even if there is a perfect world guess what those two souls won't even notice , innum oru step mela ponna... for these souls they will have the experience to face the hell as heaven.
    Frankly ...if you can have Utopia on a silver platter ...why bother about Arcadia/Heaven and Hades/Hell ??
    you may goo as high as you wish ...you may even Build your own Tower of Babel ...and Climb it ...I'm sure you shall get to Arcadia in your own way...

But why build The Tower of Babel ...wehn Angels are willing to fly you there?

ennudeyaa point puriyuthoo?

See the duality of Human Nature is what is confusing you.
    If there was no imperfection but only perfection...we wouldn't worry abt imperfection.
    If there was no hell...we shall be content with paradise.....
    we wouldn't have to go and read "paradise lost" (by Milton)

Quote Originally Posted by sri
    I'm not confusing anyone, its a fact that people confuse themselves with my words since they don't know the meaning?

I stay by my words and words stay by me.
    What I'm saying is that you are confused Dude....you're not confusing others.

to put it bluntly...you are in your own utopia of confusion and perhaps that is your perfection

words have many meanings...but meaningless words are not part of any languages...for what would be the point of them?

words form the basis of languages that we use for communication...
    if you cannot communicate with certain words then they lose their purposes..

see even in languages perfection is required...so why ...is my chosing to have a perfect partner seem so odd to you ?

you wish for perfection in all things ...yet when it comes to spouses you are willing to settle for second or third best and make do ...why?

---------------------------------

Okie....
    don't get mad....

It's supposed to be a fun topic...SHY Akka said so

no offence meant at all...

if you were offended somehow...then blame it on my list of never-ending-imperfections

:P :P

searching-for-absolute-perfection-to-fit-my-many-imperfections
    Blue.

Blues,

If something which becomes necessity in WEST, it means Luxury for EAST .

Next About confusions, how do you know that I'm confused? Do you know how my brain works? or Are you running my brain? I could have said something to increase the arguments.. chance irrukallam illaya? :P ippa sollunga, Do you tell any one they are confused?

Out of the Blue with "searching-for-absolute-perfection-to-fit-my-many-imperfections" you mock me around that i'm confused and finally sayin one sentence "no offence meant at all..."

I have to ask you, Are you confused?

*See its a word game*

Good topic Shy

Personally my opinion ->
    No one in this world is 100% perfect, so looking for someone perfect is a thing that's never going happen, even if it's a robot (there's surely ought to be some sort of technical hitch with them too! )

Even if you think someone is perfect...after some time they may seem imperfect...appuram enna pannarathu??? Namma perfect nu nenaikirathu ellam perfect'um illai....first imperfect nu nenaikirathu ellam imperfect'um illai...what I am trying to say is: Before marriage we can try our utter best to find that Mr/Miss Perfect...but after marriage

So I guess I'm going for option 2 :P :P

We have a partner...he/she may not be perfect...why is he/she not perfect..??? Think he/she is perfect...if you love someone...even imperfect can be perfect...it's all in the mind & heart

Quote Originally Posted by sRi_gAn
    Blues,

If something which becomes necessity in WEST, it means Luxury for EAST .
    Things which can be found in abundance in the East are luxuries in the West
    Why is there no mango tree in my backyard

Quote Originally Posted by SrI
    Next About confusions, how do you know that I'm confused? Do you know how my brain works? or Are you running my brain? I could have said something to increase the arguments.. chance irrukallam illaya? :P ippa sollunga, Do you tell any one they are confused?
    Nope I am not The All-Mighty to either know the minute workings of your brain in particular or to control it's activity.

However if you wish, I can get hold of several drugs and do my best to control your brain activity not a problem Dude!

Confusion varies from person to person...what I may see as confusion may be your natural sate of being.....
    and what you perceive as ignorance and lazyness may be my natural state of affairs

Quote Originally Posted by IrS

Out of the Blue with "searching-for-absolute-perfection-to-fit-my-many-imperfections" you mock me around that i'm confused and finally sayin one sentence "no offence meant at all..."

I have to ask you, Are you confused?

*See its a word game*
    I don't think I mocked you around or asquare.
    I was rather making a mockery of myself, perhaps it was not subtle enough.

Is it not a mockery to expect perfection when one is so imperfect?

I'm afraid word games confuse me and subtlety even more so.........

Nothing my dear chap ever turns up "out of the blue". All things arise and fall from something, and all causes have effects. :P

But I firmly believe, well as firmly as Descartes believed himself, that I am not confused but just AM

We are deviating from the topic.....or it feels to me as if we are deviating...
    For you seem to have ignored all the very important points that I put across and simply decided to dwell on what you perceived as "my mockery" of you.

Shy Akka...ingae vanthu konjam mugham kaattungho
    sRi_gAn...is picking on me

And now Priyam too has joined forces with the "Imperfectionist".

Well I suppose there shall be no delivery for the Homo sapiens

To say no to perfection is like refusing Rama/Sita.
    It's saying no to the Garden of Eden ....

Where did Anainar Go?????
    We seem to be the only "perfectionist"

wondering-under-which-stone-to-look-for-perfection
    Blue.

Blues........achacho....so sorrrrrryyyyyy
    .......I will never ever join with.........well.....hmmmm... ....yeah, so please don't say that ma. I just kind of said what I thought Avlothan!

oiyeeeeeeee ghup chup....... enna idhu mmmmmmmmm.....naan varlienna ellam ena ena mo pessuringha ..... candy ye yarrachum pull panna adi thaan aama solliputtein.........

acho chumma kidding..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast